Central Buckeye Conference (CBC) 2023

Focus 1 week at a time, lets take care of business against JG this Friday. Come Saturday we will talk week 12 because anything can happen in the post season. I'll take the Chiefs 35-14

As far as the other games:

#2 London vs #15 Beechcroft - London takes this one easy 56-7

#7 Shawnee vs #10 Waverly - This one i feel could be an upset alert but i will take Shawnee 28-21

#12 Jonathan Alder at #5 Bishop Ready - Without Jewell BR 48-7

#15 Urbana at #2 Unioto - I feel this one could be a very high scoring back and forth game Urbana 42-35

#11 Indian Lake at #6 Coldwater - Coldwater and crew come out ready 42-0
Yes sir, one week at a time but just thinking of a London/Belle rematch is intriguing...take care of business boys and lets see what happens in week 12.

THE U over the U should be a good one. I am headed to that one with a friend and will provide details. Excited to see Mr. Donahoe and THE U in action.

Am I the only dipshizz to pick Waverly over Shawnee? :ROFLMAO: Two top quality RBs going at it. Which defense shuts down the other or which offense has the ball last.

London vs Beechcroft - this is going to be U. G. L. Y. Beechcroft looks to be a decent city league team but the power and physicality of London is something they have not seen. London will run the ball all over them. London wins 49-7 - cheap late TD for Croft

Bellefontaine vs John Glenn - This game could be closer than we think. But, Bellefontaine is a reall rounded team that could make a run. The trio of St. Clair, Neer, and Fogan is DANGEROUS. I heard that big #33 is out for the year, the 2 games I was able to catch of Bellefontaine, he was a monster for them. Bellefontaine wins 35-21

Shawnee vs Waverly - Shawnee is a really good team. With what they do, they could be hard to handle with little prep/knowledge of who they are. I like Shawnee to win 34-10

Jonathan Alder vs Bishop Ready - First, can someone confirm, i saw that the game was at Obetz Fortress and then I heard it was at Central Crossing ... where is the game going to be? lol. I know Bishop Ready doesn't have a home field but man, lots of confusion. No confusion on Jewell, out for the season. MASSIVE loss for Jonathan Alder. Looked like they did fine against a bad Tecumseh team. Ready has a really good RB (would have loved to see this kid vs Jewell). If Alder can stop the run game, they have a chance ... if. Ready wins 28-7

Urbana vs Unioto - Urbana being the 15 seed at 7-3 is interesting. Are they a really good 7-3 team or is this proof that they beat up on a bunch of really bad teams? No matter what, if you have Donahoe, you have a chance. You can tell me im crazy all you want, but I think, for HS football, I might take Donahoe over St. Clair. The kid runs the ball way better and throws the ball pretty well. But im old school and like the run game, lol. I got Urbana winning 48-35

Indian Lake vs Coldwater - I wont forget you Indian Lake! - Great season for Indian Lake, they played pretty well in most of their games, and they are a good team that could keep making moves in the Mar River. Coldwater is another animal though. I know it was early in the season but they beat Bellefontaine. I think Coldwater takes this game, 49-17

Good luck in round 1 to everyone! Would love to have all our CBC teams win ... big wish though, lol
Did you just throw me under the bus to change the oil while I'm under it:ROFLMAO: You're a good cat and I love reading your posts.

At half

#7 Bellefontaine 35 #10 John Glenn 0
#2 London 22 #15 Beechcroft 8
#7 Shawnee 30 #10 Waverly 0
#12 Jonathan Alder 10 #5 Bishop Ready 7
#15 Urbana 28 #2 Unioto 14
#6 Coldwater 34 #11 Indian Lake

London playing horrible. Stale, repetitive play calling in playoffs per usual. Hope Urbana keeps it up so I dont have to go to Chillicothe next week lol

Bellefontaine 49 John Glenn 7
Coldwater 47 Indian Lake 0
Bishop Ready 14 Jonathan Alder 10
London 57 Beechcroft 14
Urbana 56 Unioto 21

Last edited:
well well well.. i correctly called the CBC dominance over SE Ohio. Shawnee rolls and ‘The U’ put a beating on ‘The other U’

tonight reaffirmed my pick of Shawnee to the regional finals.
I hope so. Would love to have some road trips to do stats yet this year.

well well well.. i correctly called the CBC dominance over SE Ohio. Shawnee rolls and ‘The U’ put a beating on ‘The other U’

tonight reaffirmed my pick of Shawnee to the regional finals.
Again, you nailed it. I need some picks for the college games today, gotta pay the mortgage and cash is low :ROFLMAO:

I will humbling and publicly eat my crow with a big ole turd dumpling.

Right now, today, I will state for a fact the CBC will dominate in week 12!!!!!:ROFLMAO:

Always sucks when league foes meet in the playoffs as is one guaranteed loss, here ya have 2 guaranteed to lose.

London-Bellefontaine:
Early weather report is positive for the CHiefs.
Last matchup was lopsided. Bellefontaine offense didn't see the field much that last time so I believe they have a lot left to show if the defense can do their part.

I just feel that with the athletes Bell can put out there and the fight they should bring after being humbled last time will put them on top.

I think the game does revolve around and come down to 2 pt conversions. It's going to be a close one and whomever wins the point after/special teams aspect ultimately wins. I think they put the ball in the hands of their talent on offense and each TD results in 8.
Can London match?

Next game:
I would like to see Urbana rewarded for having to play in the big boy division of the CBC but some of their scores, and struggling with a bad fr rec team, makes me believe that SS wins this one.
SS was a able to sleepwalk through their division which was very, very bad. That side does them no favors come playoffs time and I think that softness of schedule some back to bite them.....but not this week.

Bell and SS move on.

Always sucks when league foes meet in the playoffs as is one guaranteed loss, here ya have 2 guaranteed to lose.

London-Bellefontaine:
Early weather report is positive for the CHiefs.
Last matchup was lopsided. Bellefontaine offense didn't see the field much that last time so I believe they have a lot left to show if the defense can do their part.

I just feel that with the athletes Bell can put out there and the fight they should bring after being humbled last time will put them on top.

I think the game does revolve around and come down to 2 pt conversions. It's going to be a close one and whomever wins the point after/special teams aspect ultimately wins. I think they put the ball in the hands of their talent on offense and each TD results in 8.
Can London match?

Next game:
I would like to see Urbana rewarded for having to play in the big boy division of the CBC but some of their scores, and struggling with a bad fr rec team, makes me believe that SS wins this one.
SS was a able to sleepwalk through their division which was very, very bad. That side does them no favors come playoffs time and I think that softness of schedule some back to bite them.....but not this week.

Bell and SS move on.

Bellefontaine’s playmakers need time & space, the O & D lines of Bell will need to play far better than they did in the wk 6 36-6 London victory.

Drew Pasteur has this wk 12 rematch as London by 14 pts, 78% certainty of a win. Calpreps has it as London 35-21 with 81% certainty of a win.

I think we may tend to overlook the talent of London’s skilled players. I know London lost their big rb to a season ending knee injury but I believe the Jones kid & others has filled in quite well. I think Jones was the CBC defensive player of the year as well.

As stated above, everyone overlooks the talent in London. Which is better across the board minus TSC of course. Their skill players are pretty darn good and they have depth. However, I’d be surprised if TSC finally shows up in a big game. London is way more physical and disciplined in every aspect. Belle might put up more points than last time but I highly doubt they can stop London’s offense. 42-14 London.

#7 Bellefontaine @ #2 London - I think this game will be a lot better matchup than week 6. Of course London will try to control the clock but I believe TSC and crew will make the most of every possession. I’m going out on a limb but I’ll take the Chiefs in a close one. Bellefontaine 35 London 32

#15 Urbana @ #7 Springfield Shawnee -
Yes the U played in the big boy division but Shawnee actually hung around with the heavy weights of the Kenton Trail. I think Shawnee will just be too much. Shawnee 42 Urbana 21

#7 Bellefontaine @ #2 London - I think this game will be a lot better matchup than week 6. Of course London will try to control the clock but I believe TSC and crew will make the most of every possession. I’m going out on a limb but I’ll take the Chiefs in a close one. Bellefontaine 35 London 32

#15 Urbana @ #7 Springfield Shawnee -
Yes the U played in the big boy division but Shawnee actually hung around with the heavy weights of the Kenton Trail. I think Shawnee will just be too much. Shawnee 42 Urbana 21
Oh boy, here we go. These are four of the best teams in the CBC, don't let records fool you and not dissing Alder but the cream rises to the top.

Kenton Trail

Rematch! Enough said! The Chefs have the Co OPOY and London has two Co DPOY. The Chefs have six first team CBC KT picks and the Red Raiders have seven. Kind of an All-Star game going on here. Week 6 was a disaster for the Chefs and weeks 1-11 have been dominate for the Red Raiders. As the saying goes, it's always harder to beat the same team twice. Who shows up on really the first week of fall weather, your guess is as good as mine but the final will be 35-28.

Mad River

Shawnee has breezed through the MR, sans NU, and the Climbers found out the KT is just a bit tougher than the MR. Shawnee has both the OPOY and DPOY and eight, count them eight, first team CBC MR selections while Urbana has three in the KT (difference of divisions, I get it)...but dont let that fool you since Donahoe is the man for the Climbers and possibly could have been the OPOY in the MR. However, Meeks is the stud in the MR and has the numbers to back it. I have said on another thread, this will be a haymaker and the winner has the best shot at Clinton-Massie for regional finals champ. I like them both. I have picked against the Braves the most and picked for Climbers the most but throw all that out the window. This final will be 56-48 and the game of the week in R16...possibly DIV state.

Oh boy, here we go. These are four of the best teams in the CBC, don't let records fool you and not dissing Alder but the cream rises to the top.

Kenton Trail

Rematch! Enough said! The Chefs have the Co OPOY and London has two Co DPOY. The Chefs have six first team CBC KT picks and the Red Raiders have seven. Kind of an All-Star game going on here. Week 6 was a disaster for the Chefs and weeks 1-11 have been dominate for the Red Raiders. As the saying goes, it's always harder to beat the same team twice. Who shows up on really the first week of fall weather, your guess is as good as mine but the final will be 35-28.

Mad River

Shawnee has breezed through the MR, sans NU, and the Climbers found out the KT is just a bit tougher than the MR. Shawnee has both the OPOY and DPOY and eight, count them eight, first team CBC MR selections while Urbana has three in the KT (difference of divisions, I get it)...but dont let that fool you since Donahoe is the man for the Climbers and possibly could have been the OPOY in the MR. However, Meeks is the stud in the MR and has the numbers to back it. I have said on another thread, this will be a haymaker and the winner has the best shot at Clinton-Massie for regional finals champ. I like them both. I have picked against the Braves the most and picked for Climbers the most but throw all that out the window. This final will be 56-48 and the game of the week in R16...possibly DIV state.
I will add one thing I told you in PM....
I believe the Bell/London game will come down to Bell's QB's legs. Not so much on called runs, but on scrambles. We all know he has a top notch arm, one of the best I have seen over the years, and a solid core of WR and a great RB, but in the biggest game of the year and career and to accomplish an upset your best have to be your best and often times that means doing above and beyond.

TSC will likely get pressured and has averaged less than 30 yards a game rushing. I believe a key to victory is some backbreaking runs on pass plays. If you do that a few times that front 7 gets tired, opposing team likely backs off on the blitzing a little bit.

QB>70 yards rushing = Bell win.

A lot of talk about the 4 teams left ... what happened to the 2 losing teams though? Indian Lake I thought would lose, but I thought they would at least get on the board. Coldwater is really good but I was hoping for SOMETHING from Indian Lake. Alder was in that game without their star RB and Bishop Ready having their star RB, didn't think it would be that close. In R15, if Alder would have won, they would be the higher seed, would they have been the home team?

As for this week ... 2 AMAZING GAMES!!!

Bellefontaine at London - Re-matches are never easy. But I think London will just wear down Bellefontaine. Then again, after seeing the rough and tough offense of London, and how they hurt you, maybe Bellefontaine will have a better game plan. I see London winning this one 28-20

The "U" at Shawnee - This has the potential to be the game of the WEEK. And if anyone knows Ohio HS football, maybe game of the week in the state! Shawnee is the reason Urbana had to move up to the big boys so I am sure they are looking to take that anger out on Shawnee. I think Urbana gets the upset and wins, 38-27 ... Cinderella story?

A lot of talk about the 4 teams left ... what happened to the 2 losing teams though? Indian Lake I thought would lose, but I thought they would at least get on the board. Coldwater is really good but I was hoping for SOMETHING from Indian Lake. Alder was in that game without their star RB and Bishop Ready having their star RB, didn't think it would be that close. In R15, if Alder would have won, they would be the higher seed, would they have been the home team?

As for this week ... 2 AMAZING GAMES!!!

Bellefontaine at London - Re-matches are never easy. But I think London will just wear down Bellefontaine. Then again, after seeing the rough and tough offense of London, and how they hurt you, maybe Bellefontaine will have a better game plan. I see London winning this one 28-20

The "U" at Shawnee - This has the potential to be the game of the WEEK. And if anyone knows Ohio HS football, maybe game of the week in the state! Shawnee is the reason Urbana had to move up to the big boys so I am sure they are looking to take that anger out on Shawnee. I think Urbana gets the upset and wins, 38-27 ... Cinderella story?
IL moved the ball very well on the first drive, think they went nearly 60 yards after getting the ball inside the 5 on a gaffe by the returner. Tried a hook and ladder from the WR/RB on the first play it appeared but didnt materialize. IL QB made a number of plays with his legs but it obviously wasnt enough. IL fought but when it got to 21-0 they seemed to wear down and did not put much fight after that. Any sort of mantra of winning the second half seemed to be gone after the KO return for a TD by CW to open the half. If I was a betting man, but I am not, but it seemed like the CW return man stepped out around midfield but it didnt really matter I guess.
They had a chance late in the 4th QTR against CW's backups but was unable to score from around the 20 or so.