Central Buckeye Conference (CBC) 2023

Hope Urbana upsets unioto so I don’t have to drive to Chillicothe. Assuming Shawnee beats Waverly, which they should. Looks like London Bellefontaine rematch week 12 is pretty likely.

You forgot Indian Lake away at Coldwater.

Hope Urbana upsets unioto so I don’t have to drive to Chillicothe. Assuming Shawnee beats Waverly, which they should. Looks like London Bellefontaine rematch week 12 is pretty likely.

You forgot Indian Lake away at Coldwater.
I know nothing about Waverly. If anyone does, I’d love to hear it. 😎👍🏻

Hopefully Urbana gets their heads kicked in. A bunch of bitches.
Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Anyone know when the All Conference stuff comes out? Is it after the playoffs?
Looks like the results are in on cbcsportsonline.com

Kenton Trail

OPOY
Tavien St. Clair- Bellefontaine
Cameron Jewell - Alder

DPOY
Andrew Sims London - London
Zach Jones - London

Mad River

OPOY
TJ Meeks - Shawnee

DPOY
Darian Dixon - Shawnee

Congratulations to all.

Per Drew Pasteurs week 11
London home vs Beechcroft
Bellefontaine home vs John Glenn
Shawnee home vs Waverly
Jonathan Alder away vs Bishop Ready
Urbana away vs Unioto
Picking the games in the first week of the playoffs are a lot like the first week of the regular season OOC games. I know nothing and if you look at my previous 10 weeks, that is supported that I know nothing. However, I will give it a shot.

#2 London vs #15 Beechcroft - The last time I saw the Beechcroft was in Springfield against the Chefs and that was an entertaining game. Playing the nth degree of separation. Beechcroft beat Mifflin (40-7) who lost to KR (31-0) which lost to London (48-0). Then, stay with me, Beechcroft lost to Northland (27-20), who beat Carroll (37-17) which lost to Tecumseh (28-14), who lost to London (63-0). The Cougars have some big lineman and some, speed but I don't think they have seen anything like the Red Raiders machine. London grinds this game out 48-12.

#7 Bellefontaine vs #10 John Glenn - JGHS, once known as New Concord HS, has played a lot of lower division teams and have not beaten a team with a winning record and only two that have a 5-5 record. Tracking the DNA, the Muskies lost to Tri-Valley (42-7), who beat Licking Heights (42-7), which lost to the Chefs (45-14), Phew that was time consuming. The Muskies look to have some big ole fatties on the offensive line and like to spread the field but the Chefs bring in a shock with St.Clair, Neer and Wilson with an Awe with Fogan. If the Chefs offensive line steps up and the defense plays average, there will be a rematch against London. I love the rematches and I will take the Chefs 35-24

#7 Shawnee vs #10 Waverly - This is the game of the week for the CBC playoffers. The Tigers had Zane Trace in week 2 and won 42-28. ZT lost to North Union (17-14), which lost to the Braves 17-13. The Braves have put up a lot of points over the past several weeks but I dont think they have played against a RB like Waverly has this year. However, I dont think the Tigers have seen a RB like the Braves have either. This should be a dandy and probably decided with the defenses and special teams. This is the best draw both teams could have to avoid the regional favorites early on but they will have to beat the pizz out of each other first to make the regional final. It's a long bus ride for the Tigers and the Braves are hungry to show what they have. However, I will have to go with Waverly in an upset 28-24.

#12 Jonathan Alder at #5 Bishop Ready - This nth degree of separation is more than I could have fathomed so I will keep it simple. Whitehall-Yearling lost to Buckeye Valley (23-7), which lost to both Ready 56-8 and Alder 56-35. Stringing Northland and Bloom-Carroll into the Ready mix makes my eye hurt and I will forego those connections. The bottom line, the Silver Knights have had less than an impressive schedule, sans DeSales (43-42 ot loss), while Alder has competed well considering their one dimensional offense. Considering Jewell did not play last week and is supposedly out for the rest of the year the Pioneers will have a tough night. Bishop Ready 45-7

#15 Urbana at #2 Unioto - Climbers versus Sherman Tanks. Here we go. Unioto lost to Zane Trace 27-14, who beat North Union (17-14), which lost to theU (31-28). The Climbers have had a tough row to hoe in the division and are looking to rebound from that blow out to London last week. The Shermans have had an easy go at it the past two weeks and that may have instilled some complacency. The 2 seed in R16 may not have the best draw considering what is coming next week. Don't ask me why but my gut tells me the Climbers take another step to getting back to what they were...years ago, with a 35-28 OT win. Hopefully CedarBuck92 gets his wish but both schools will be in a dog fight to make that happen.

Good luck to all CBC schools this week.

I know nothing about Waverly. If anyone does, I’d love to hear it. 😎👍🏻
Great weekend for fishing at Cowen lake, actually landed at 20 inch Muskie but mostly bluegill, deep , and good sized pan fillets. The line is stripped off the reels and everything is put away for the year. Come on Wallies, I'm waiting for you, lol. I digress...

I talked with a buddy that saw them at Wheelersburg and he was kind of tight lipped about them but thinks they bring a lot to the table. He told me to watch their games online to form my own opinion. To me they look to have a big offensive line and a tall QB that can throw the ball. The stink in the kitty litter is #22 the RB who is the bread and butter of the team. He is a smaller kid with good break away speed and is the school's all time leading rusher. Their receivers look to be tall and #84?? hard to tell on some of the films looks to be the main target. Not overly impressed with their defense and the Braves should have success but as I stated in my predictions, this will probably come down to defense and special teams. The Braves are in for a dogfight this week, IMHO.

Uh… I was checking in on other threads with the playoffs around the corner and saw something interesting.. the Coffman thread had a few posts referencing StClair possibly transferring there. Anyone else heard this?? What’s the connection/draw there?

Uh… I was checking in on other threads with the playoffs around the corner and saw something interesting.. the Coffman thread had a few posts referencing StClair possibly transferring there. Anyone else heard this?? What’s the connection/draw there?
Are you trying to blow wingdings gasket or something?
TSC ain't going nowhere

London will smash’em like last time 💯💥
In my Lee Corso voice, "Not so fast my friend."

I project a much closer game in a rematch of Bell and London in week 12. In fact, I'll go so far and predict an upset.

Bell has tremendous talent. They are packed of seniors and great leadership and were embarrassed in the last matchup.

Anytime a very talented team gets thumped like they did and have revenge on their mind =upset.
London is a one trick pony and can just run it. Now, they run it extremely well but in a rematch next week I think the chiefs lut it all together and stop the London vaunted running attack. There is too much talent on that Chief roster to think they won't move on. With beating JA week 9 and getting that RB on track they are doing what you want to be doing and that's playing your best football at the end of the season.
If London holds up their end of the bargain and wins in week 11 then expect a real humdaddy in week 12.

I forgot Indian Lake in my predications and I apologize.

#11 Indian Lake at #6 Coldwater - the degrees of separation are fairly easy with this one. Coldwater beats Anna (37-7) who beats IL (49-12). Coldwater beats Bellefontaine (28-25) who beats IL (41-19). What is worse than playing one MAC team in a season? Playing two. IL achieved a lot this year with a 7-3 record and runner up in the Mad River Division. They knocked out North Union (#17) from the playoffs and their reward is Coldwater. Region 18 is stout and I don't know what seeding below 8th would give a glimmer of hope of advancing, so Coldwater is probably the best draw for the Lakers. It is going to take a total team effort, more than Lillard, to advance against Cavs and right now I think the Lakers get a dose of what it takes to compete in this top heavy region. Coldwater 54 Indian Lake 14.

I project a much closer game in a rematch of Bell and London in week 12. In fact, I'll go so far and predict an upset.

Bell has tremendous talent. They are packed of seniors and great leadership and were embarrassed in the last matchup.

Anytime a very talented team gets thumped like they did and have revenge on their mind =upset.
London is a one trick pony and can just run it. Now, they run it extremely well but in a rematch next week I think the chiefs lut it all together and stop the London vaunted running attack. There is too much talent on that Chief roster to think they won't move on. With beating JA week 9 and getting that RB on track they are doing what you want to be doing and that's playing your best football at the end of the season.
If London holds up their end of the bargain and wins in week 11 then expect a real humdaddy in week 12.
This is from the same guy who “picked” Indian Lake to beat Coldwater. Put your money where your mouth is……Or could it be that your “picks” are another form of your internet drama obsession.

This is from the same guy who “picked” Indian Lake to beat Coldwater. Put your money where your mouth is……Or could it be that your “picks” are another form of your internet drama obsession.
WTF dude? Cant scratch that itch you feel, that may be because he is under you skin. Thavoice went out on a limb with IL and CW pick and provided reasons why (though I don't agree)....I have done worse, lol. Now, you side against him for picking your team...kind of lost here with your drama. Or is this, the enemy of my enemy is my ally? Like I have said in other posts, I dig Thavoice, he keeps it real and actually keeps conversations going, like it or not he does so more than you. My question to you, why so angry?

I'll keep throwing out the line as long as the fish keep biting.
I admit though, I'm looking forward to a couple new fishing holes next year because I am getting bored with catching and releasing the same fish again and again.

And again.

And again.

And again.

But then again, I'm a sad dude and everyone knows it.

Voice out!

I'll keep throwing out the line as long as the fish keep biting.
I admit though, I'm looking forward to a couple new fishing holes next year because I am getting bored with catching and releasing the same fish again and again.

And again.

And again.

And again.

But then again, I'm a sad dude and everyone knows it.

Voice out!
Fish on!!!!
Peace out, Voice! (y) :banana:

London vs Beechcroft - this is going to be U. G. L. Y. Beechcroft looks to be a decent city league team but the power and physicality of London is something they have not seen. London will run the ball all over them. London wins 49-7 - cheap late TD for Croft

Bellefontaine vs John Glenn - This game could be closer than we think. But, Bellefontaine is a reall rounded team that could make a run. The trio of St. Clair, Neer, and Fogan is DANGEROUS. I heard that big #33 is out for the year, the 2 games I was able to catch of Bellefontaine, he was a monster for them. Bellefontaine wins 35-21

Shawnee vs Waverly - Shawnee is a really good team. With what they do, they could be hard to handle with little prep/knowledge of who they are. I like Shawnee to win 34-10

Jonathan Alder vs Bishop Ready - First, can someone confirm, i saw that the game was at Obetz Fortress and then I heard it was at Central Crossing ... where is the game going to be? lol. I know Bishop Ready doesn't have a home field but man, lots of confusion. No confusion on Jewell, out for the season. MASSIVE loss for Jonathan Alder. Looked like they did fine against a bad Tecumseh team. Ready has a really good RB (would have loved to see this kid vs Jewell). If Alder can stop the run game, they have a chance ... if. Ready wins 28-7

Urbana vs Unioto - Urbana being the 15 seed at 7-3 is interesting. Are they a really good 7-3 team or is this proof that they beat up on a bunch of really bad teams? No matter what, if you have Donahoe, you have a chance. You can tell me im crazy all you want, but I think, for HS football, I might take Donahoe over St. Clair. The kid runs the ball way better and throws the ball pretty well. But im old school and like the run game, lol. I got Urbana winning 48-35

Indian Lake vs Coldwater - I wont forget you Indian Lake! - Great season for Indian Lake, they played pretty well in most of their games, and they are a good team that could keep making moves in the Mar River. Coldwater is another animal though. I know it was early in the season but they beat Bellefontaine. I think Coldwater takes this game, 49-17

Good luck in round 1 to everyone! Would love to have all our CBC teams win ... big wish though, lol

Too many factors yet to be determined to predict a week 12 rematch of London & Bellefontaine with a Bell upset: 1st both teams have to win in wk 11, injuries, weather, etc.

Running game & solid defense travels and one big factor in a possible rematch - it would be @ London compared to the regular season game that was @ Bellefountain. Bellefontaine would need the game to become an offensive shootout (like the London-JA game) or better yet, somehow get up a couple of scores early. It’s difficult to believe that London would contain the Bellefountain qb to 6 pts again but I don’t know if the Bell can contain London’s running game any better than they did.

The big uglies control the line of scrimmage - I’d still have to go with London.

Focus 1 week at a time, lets take care of business against JG this Friday. Come Saturday we will talk week 12 because anything can happen in the post season. I'll take the Chiefs 35-14

As far as the other games:

#2 London vs #15 Beechcroft - London takes this one easy 56-7

#7 Shawnee vs #10 Waverly - This one i feel could be an upset alert but i will take Shawnee 28-21

#12 Jonathan Alder at #5 Bishop Ready - Without Jewell BR 48-7

#15 Urbana at #2 Unioto - I feel this one could be a very high scoring back and forth game Urbana 42-35

#11 Indian Lake at #6 Coldwater - Coldwater and crew come out ready 42-0

Last edited: