What are you watching?

It took me almost two weeks to finish Dahmer. the first 3 episodes are so creepy it's tough to keep watching. The rest of the series is a little easier, but not by much.

Derry Girls is back on Netflix. I think it’s hilarious. Maybe because I’m Irish and went to Catholic schools. Also find the tie in with “the Troubles” in Northern Ireland backdrop interesting.

Dopesick Ep 5. Still impressed by Keaton's work here and the writing, though with one major misstep. When you show your old scrawny country doctor kicking the crap out of the young sales rep, throwing him down stairs and generally man-handling him, you might not want to later show that same young actor with his shirt off being all-jacked.

Barbarians - Season 2.

The battle of the Teutoburg forest is over and Rome is left reeling. Augustus has dispatched Tiberius & Germanicus to straighten things out at the frontier while Arminius tries to unite the German tribes against the Roman Empire.

Very good German production in which the Romans speak Italian with English subtitles and the Germans speak in dubbed English. Will remind people of the Vikings in it's staging but with a more honest telling of history.

Barbarians - Season 2.

The battle of the Teutoburg forest is over and Rome is left reeling. Augustus has dispatched Tiberius & Germanicus to straighten things out at the frontier while Arminius tries to unite the German tribes against the Roman Empire.

Very good German production in which the Romans speak Italian with English subtitles and the Germans speak in dubbed English. Will remind people of the Vikings in it's staging but with a more honest telling of history.
been wanting to watch but didn't think I'd get through the subtitles. I'll give first ep a try.

Last edited:
been wanting to watch but didn't think I'd get through the subtitles. I'll give first ep a try.
The dubbing for the German characters isn't half bad and makes up about 75% of the dialogue in the show. The Italian spoken by the Romans with English subtitles actually adds a bit of authenticity to the series. Yea I know the Romans spoke Latin but it fits here.

Finished The Watcher on Netflix last night. 7 part mini series based on a true story of the tenants of a specific house receiving letters letting them know they are being watched. It was alright. Ending was dumb especially after finding out the writers invented 99.5% of the story. They couldn’t have invented a better ending?

Club Random with Bill Maher. I know its a podcast but the visuals of folks sitting around drinking alcohol and smoking weed while just BSing is great. Rogan does some of this too but it is not a central focus. Started off with C list guests but it is building some steam with B+ level guests including Aaron Rodgers, Lisa Kudrow, & Stephen A Smith giving it a whirl. Waiting for true A lister to show up but I am sure the agents/publicity types are cautioning clients about a free form talk show where mental impairment is a big angle to it.

Derry Girls is back on Netflix. I think it’s hilarious. Maybe because I’m Irish and went to Catholic schools. Also find the tie in with “the Troubles” in Northern Ireland backdrop interesting.
There is an obvious problem with the recent season of Derry Girls…related to the health of one of the key role-players. I think it screwed up filming and I think it affected scripts and the availability of one other significant role-player. I thought it was a significant step down from previous seasons…and I was/am a fan…

I d
There is an obvious problem with the recent season of Derry Girls…related to the health of one of the key role-players. I think it screwed up filming and I think it affected scripts and the availability of one other significant role-player. I thought it was a significant step down from previous seasons…and I was/am a fan…
I don’t know what cast member you are referring to and I wrote my original post after watching Episode 1 but I finished now and did notice a different vibe to the season. The final did lead me to do some research on the Troubles and the agreement vote. So I‘m a bit wiser now.

Finished The Watcher on Netflix last night. 7 part mini series based on a true story of the tenants of a specific house receiving letters letting them know they are being watched. It was alright. Ending was dumb especially after finding out the writers invented 99.5% of the story. They couldn’t have invented a better ending?
Agreed.

The show wasn't great but decent enough to keep watching. The ending was awful.

Phat Gus is my idol. 7:25

Looking forward to the feature film.
What kind of gross neighborhood is this dude living in where you can see a rat and not be phased by it? It’s not like it was some tiny field mouse, those are legitimately disease infested rats.

Last edited:
What kind of gross neighborhood is this dude living in where you can see a rat and not be phased by it? It’s not like it was some tiny field mouse, those are legitimately disease infested rats.
or they are legitimately trained rats the guy is using to make a fun video. ;)

I completed "Bad Sisters" on Apple TV. Since it's revealed very early in the first episode (I'm not giving anything away)...the ten episodes is about figuring out who murdered the extremely rotten husband of one of these five Irish sisters.

It's one of those series that, while it's ten episodes, it probably should only be 5 episodes. It gets very tedious along the way and, while you don't much care for the series, it took you several episodes to figure out it that it was too long, too tedious...so you've invested a significant amount of time and want to know who killed the miserable p ric k and, reluctantly, you stay with it till the end.

The final episode is pretty good (where all is revealed) but it ain't worth the "trip".

Last edited:
Started the most recent season of Greys Anatomy,,,,, Yes I have watched from the beginning.
Yes dear:(
1666971959401.png