What are you watching?

I don’t think so
I was wondering how hard this guy was making it on himself. The squirrels might not be that difficult. They have no problem running around in the open. Rare to see rats in the day other than near the river. Even then they tend to stay in their burrows.

Weren't you the one posting photos of deer? If you have deer, I guarantee you, you have rats and all other kinds of vermin. Because you don't have predators. It means nothing until they're in the house. It doesn't mean the neighborhood is dirty.

I was wondering how hard this guy was making it on himself. The squirrels might not be that difficult. They have no problem running around in the open. Rare to see rats in the day other than near the river. Even then they tend to stay in their burrows.

Weren't you the one posting photos of deer? If you have deer, I guarantee you, you have rats and all other kinds of vermin. Because you don't have predators. It means nothing until they're in the house. It doesn't mean the neighborhood is dirty.

I’ve never seen a rat, but I have seen a muskrat. That was weird. However, if I did see a rat, I wouldn’t be so casual about it. I’d call the exterminator.

Coming up

Great Lakes Untamed: looking forward to this. It's so easy to forget we live in one of the most unique eco-systems in the world. Well not you Cinci and Columbus types. That's just sludge.

Wednesday: Trailors look like a good setting and story but the actess doesn't come across very morose, which is the charm.

The Crown: I've enjoyed this series since the beginning.

Last edited:
Great Lakes Untamed: First ep a bit bland, particularly the narrator with her fake in awes. Interesting from a local POV. Did make me want to step out of the house. A friend has been wanting to do a circle tour. Out the Lakes to the Atlantic, down the seaboard, up the Mississippi then back somehow. I think the ride over Niagara would be fun.

1667506555133.png

Tales of the Jedi: They feel less like attempts to increase marketing and more like filling in history. No trope games, though last one was cliche. 4th one The Sith Lord sitting at 9.4 on imdb and worth every tenth.

Tales of the Jedi: They feel less like attempts to increase marketing and more like filling in history. No trope games, though last one was cliche. 4th one The Sith Lord sitting at 9.4 on imdb and worth every tenth.

wish more of them were like Episode 4. None of them are bad, but Episode 4 stands above the rest and adds the most to the lore.

wish more of them were like Episode 4. None of them are bad, but Episode 4 stands above the rest and adds the most to the lore.
I didn't see it as adding more to the lore and certainly not more than the other episodes. Maybe the lady yoda is new? Most of the episodes aren't adding anything, which was my point. They're mostly just displaying or filling in details and characterization for what was already known. Less new marketing and more deepening of the actual story.

For me, the Ahsoka Tano bits are over-played. The Dooku bits hitting the exact right notes.

I didn't see it as adding more to the lore and certainly not more than the other episodes. Maybe the lady yoda is new? Most of the episodes aren't adding anything, which was my point. They're mostly just displaying or filling in details and characterization for what was already known. Less new marketing and more deepening of the actual story.

For me, the Ahsoka Tano bits are over-played. The Dooku bits hitting the exact right notes.
Yaddle (lady Yoda) was in “A Phantom Menace” and then just disappeared. Now we know why. Episode 4 also filled in a few other small details from the movies.

In particular, how much Qui Gon’s death contributed to Dooku’s fall to the Dark Side. The movies gloss over that.

Yaddle (lady Yoda) was in “A Phantom Menace” and then just disappeared. Now we know why. Episode 4 also filled in a few other small details from the movies.
Consistent with the theme then. This show feels like being taken aside and let in on the secrets and details.
In particular, how much Qui Gon’s death contributed to Dooku’s fall to the Dark Side. The movies gloss over that.
Did they even address it? I don't recall.

He clearly had fallen already as they show in this last episode. I don't think they were trying to say QG's death contributed to Dooku's fall. Dooku had already "betrayed..." and had already made allegience to the big bad apparently right under QG's nose. I think what they showed in this episode was that regardless Duuku's fall, QG's death still actually mattered to him. He thought he could turn QG because of their shared view of humanity and compassion for the under-priviledged not felt by the ruling council.