What are you watching?

Fifty links to comments from writers, creators saying otherwise is not going to throw Omar off his dimensia, lol.
I watched the show, he got blinded by a chemical spill. The heightened senses aren’t a super human ability from the chemicals, it’s from him becoming blind and developing them as a survival mechanism

Last edited:
Dopesick Ep2. Watching the opiod crisis develop is kind of like watching a documentary on the first few weeks before WWI. You're like, nothing can come of this... Boom.

Not to get into this great debate but I remember seeing the movie and being annoyed that he trained to have these abilities. Same with Batman.

If you want me to believe in a hero having these super abilities, give me something more than training.

“Superhuman capabilities”

Attachments

• 0FE79834-F21F-4E21-A4C1-D47052231A50.jpeg
    0FE79834-F21F-4E21-A4C1-D47052231A50.jpeg
    233.3 KB · Views: 16
Not to get into this great debate but I remember seeing the movie and being annoyed that he trained to have these abilities. Same with Batman.

If you want me to believe in a hero having these super abilities, give me something more than training.

Batman's abilities are a product. His suit, his tech.... Daredevil's are SUPERpowers, as shown when he heard the heart beats of everyone in an entire building without technical enhancements.

I enjoy a geek debate but this is more of a writing and scripting debate. Writing and scripts say the character is superpowered. Powered beyond what any normal human could attain.

Last edited:
She-Hulk Finale:

It's long been joked that they should have her do a certain thing, and boy did they do it, with their own twist.

Mixed feelings on the finale. Somehow I loved it, but it felt slightly anti-climatic at the same time. The show itself wraps up neatly, I guess I just had gotten my hopes up that there'd be more of a setup to more future MCU stuff. But that's my issue, letting what I wanted to happen influence my view on what we did get.

I haven't had much issues with the episode lengths on the season like others, but this felt like it could have used another 5 minutes.

Last edited:
Last episode probably worked better for those vested in cameos and the on-line attacks on the show. Not as fun as other episodes. It was a logical conclusion of them. The fourth wall attack on formula writing was itself formula. It will be original to enough of the viewers.

Nothing else to watch. We could post videos of this discussion and probably make top ten. More disappointments for me than I'd expected. Quantum Leap, RoP, ... a list of about ten shows I started and stopped. My gotos are down to She Hulk (now done), Lowe Decks, Ghosts, HoD and a few others I'm trying out.

finished Welcome To Wrexham and really enjoyed the documentary/series...I'm not a soccer fan at all...but as a long-time Browns' fan I could totally relate to the highs/lows of a city and fan base as it relates to the success of your local team. I assume there will be another season?

Ghosts: gaining a word of mouth audience with little fanfare.
Star Trek: Below Decks, very clever.
Alaska Daily: still character and scene driven. You like it or you don't.
Rings of Power: not interesting to me.
Dopesick: powerful

While I haven't watched wrestling really in at least 15 years, I must say I'm enjoying the "WWE Rivalries" series on Peacock, a sort of docuseries on the biggest and most successful rivalries throughout the history of the WWE/WCW/ECW.

finished Welcome To Wrexham and really enjoyed the documentary/series...I'm not a soccer fan at all...but as a long-time Browns' fan I could totally relate to the highs/lows of a city and fan base as it relates to the success of your local team. I assume there will be another season?
I enjoyed it as well...and appreciated the commonality that we all have of the team and its connection to the community, even moreso with these smaller UK towns...this team being at the 5th (lowest) level (National League), there must be about 100 teams in the UK at these five levels. Very cool.

When I watch this (or read Bissinger's Friday Night Lights), I have these conflicting feelings. I think their happiness being defined by the town's team is mostly crazy...and yet, I ended up liking/respecting the people of Odessa, Texas...they were committed to being good at something...admittedly at the expense of a lot of other things at Permian High School.

I'm about halfway through the season and I'm also really liking it. I was expecting it to be a little more goofball, with Ryan Reynolds involvement, but it's really heartfelt, but still has some pretty funny stuff as well.

Watching Dahmer but not binging it like others. A little too troublesome for me. I'm on episode 4 and figure to finish it in a couple weeks. One complaint, would it have killed them to look up Revere's school colors? Wondering what other show they found those letterman jackets from?

Also watching "The Sinner". Slow burn show but I like the characters. Reminds me a little of Columbo with his slow style and seeing the little details.