Cincinnati Area Open Jobs

Mike Dyer has officially announced St. X opening on Twitter. Says Nozska will not return to the school as a teacher or coach. If he wants to continue coaching, I wonder if he would entertain a return to Wilmington??

Does Wilmington welcome back Noska with open arms?! Does Noska even want to go back? If he wants the job it's his!

He's done a really good job his two years at Middletown just shifting the culture. High IQ guy with a ton of knowledge and connections in the basketball world. When you have a coach that the players can relate to they tend to play harder and you get the most out of them. With the talent that walks through the doors in the Lakota district that could mean a lot more than just sectional titles and banners being hung
Moss had a hand at every level too- understands it is a Program not just a team. Even setting standards with the middle school and youth programs- Which is what West needs.

StX needs to call Cupps and ask how much. Time for the Bombers to bring in a big name coach that has creditability. It is obvious as the day is long StX is a sleeping giant for basketball.

StX needs to call Cupps and ask how much. Time for the Bombers to bring in a big name coach that has creditability. It is obvious as the day is long StX is a sleeping giant for basketball.
I thought I had read Coach Cupps was following his son to IU and would have some sort of role with the team but I’m not sure how much credibility there was to that

Cupps is
Alot. Same with Baseball coaches. 1600 boys and mediocre Basketball and Baseball programs is a head scratcher?
St X really isn't an athletic powerhouse. The differences in talent that seek out X is vast and varying. Kids go to X for so many more reasons than sports, it is by far the most broad base of student in Cincinnati. The majority go there for things OTHER than sports.

I think alot of people saw the writing on the wall with Noszka mid-year. The team, with a decent core of younger players, wasn't getting better. His line-ups down the stretch were head scratching, and he seemed to be trying to prove a point with some players rather than helping the team get better.

Also heard from numerous parents that communication was non-existent and he didn't really foster much of a community environment with the kids and families. That could be hearsay however.

Unless St. X already knows who they want as Head Basketball Coach, I’d think that job would draw a lot of interest!

Alot. Same with Baseball coaches. 1600 boys and mediocre Basketball and Baseball programs is a head scratcher?
Baseball won three of the last five league titles (two outright and one shared) with its best team probably the one in 2020 that was wiped out by COVID. That’s in a conference that dominates a city with the best baseball in the state. I’d hardly call that mediocre.

Cupps is

St X really isn't an athletic powerhouse. The differences in talent that seek out X is vast and varying. Kids go to X for so many more reasons than sports, it is by far the most broad base of student in Cincinnati. The majority go there for things OTHER than sports.

Then why does St. X continue to change coaches trying to make their programs better in basketball and baseball, if they aren't considered an "athletic powerhouse"?

Baseball won three of the last five league titles (two outright and one shared) with its best team probably the one in 2020 that was wiped out by COVID. That’s in a conference that dominates a city with the best baseball in the state. I’d hardly call that mediocre.

4-21 vs your biggest rival in baseball over a 10 year period is extremely mediocre.

Then why does St. X continue to change coaches trying to make their programs better in basketball and baseball, if they aren't
Then why does St. X continue to change coaches trying to make their programs better in basketball and baseball, if they aren't considered an
Then why does St. X continue to change coaches trying to make their programs better in basketball and baseball, if they aren't considered an "athletic powerhouse"?
Those seem like distinctly different situations.

The baseball coach was there about ten years, took a couple years to get things turned around, then was battling Moeller for league titles before he resigned. The resignation perhaps caught them off guard since it took them a month and a half to hire a guy who was in the building and supposedly was begging for the job the moment it became available. That tells me they either weren’t ready for a search, got turned down a few times, settled, or some combo of the above, especially since by the time they made the hire, many teams were already having fall workouts.

For basketball the article said he was there four years. He had a quality year in 2020 but otherwise struggled to compete in the GCL. The article gave me the impression this one was the school making the move. Perhaps they’ll be better prepared for a search this time around.

Added St. X. Thanks @JElder for the initial assist.

Current Openings-------------------Previous Coach
Wilmington ----------------------------Jermaine Issac
Badin------------------------------------Pat Kreke
Lakota West----------------------------Jimmy Leon
Purcell Marian--------------------------Mark Majick
Mt. Orab Western Brown--------------Drake Williams
Winton Woods--------------------------Andre Tate
Hughes----------------------------------Brandon Grammer
St. Xavier--------------------------------Mike Noszka

Filled:
none

My Gawd. Talk about jumping the gun. Don't bother playing the games. Just hand 'em the state championship trophy (like Centerville this year).
No one is handing them anything he is a program builder and relates to the players and with the right support he could build a contender at West for years to come

I can't see Noszka going back to Wilmington but you never know> I do believe his style is tough for kids to handle. I thought he would be a good fit at St X with the type of kids they have there. I don't know how much it affects his decision going elsewhere but heard his son had transferred from Wilmington to private school to go St X next year. As a coach he works his butt off but don't know that kids respond to his style. I think he shows up somewhere but not exactly sure where he fits in. I would doubt the Wilmington job is for him due to the fact that I have seen them play 7 through 11 grade and there is nothing there.
I do believe St X has a good group coming for the next few years. They return 3 starters and had some freshman up playing minutes late in the year. Depending on who comes in to coach I think they could be really good the next 2 years.

I think alot of people saw the writing on the wall with Noszka mid-year. The team, with a decent core of younger players, wasn't getting better. His line-ups down the stretch were head scratching, and he seemed to be trying to prove a point with some players rather than helping the team get better.

Also heard from numerous parents that communication was non-existent and he didn't really foster much of a community environment with the kids and families. That could be hearsay however.
Pretty much what I have heard also and discussed on the D1 rankings thread awhile back. X had a ton of talent this year and to underachieve has to fall squarely on the coach. As I mentioned before the kids looked unenthusiastic before and during games- looked defeated before they even started which is tough to see. I think he is a good coach but needed to focus more on the team building aspect vs “my way or highway” temperament. Feel bad for his kid, but at least it happened before he started at X vs what happened with the Martins.

KELVIN MOSS IS THE NEW HEAD COACH AT LAKOTA WEST!!!!!
I just heard the same news. Who does Middletown get to replace him? Stay within the current staff with Edwards, Alstork, Fairchild? Edwards and Fairchild are Middie alums. Although Moss, as a Middie alum coaching in his "dream job," only lasted two years.