Cincinnati Area Open Jobs

Fleming is a real possibility @ West...
Badin has good potential coming back for next year. I thought at one time the job at Badin would be Loefflers but he recently left coaching all together. District COY Conner Roberts might be a possible candidate for either job. The kid has potential to be a great coach.
Well I Started it...I may as well close this job out. Pending school board approval Mr Kelvan Moss will be one the new head coach at Lakota West...I certainly hope he stays off Twitter. Good luck

Added Mt. Orab Western Brown to the list. Thanks @MTO80 and @Ballin50 for the assist.

Current Openings-------------------Previous Coach
Wilmington ----------------------------Jermaine Issac
Badin------------------------------------Pat Kreke
Lakota West----------------------------Jimmy Leon
Purcell Marian--------------------------Mark Majick
Mt. Orab Western Brown--------------Drake Williams

Filled:
none
Kelvan Moss is Awaiting Board approval for the Lakota West job. LEts hope he stays off the Twiiter crap......

What a mess that school is going to be when the OHSAA decides to take a stand
Well..they can recruit kids at a private…blah blah it’s against the rules but it is happening every minute of every day all year. For what it’s worth I have never witnessed the OHSAA take a stand on anything…ever. I am surprised they can decide what beverages to serve at board functions.

PikeCo I agree about getting the cooperation with the 'peewee " level is difficult with WB being a DI school but a little more involvement with the jr high teams goes a long way. I agree that WB has been a good program at some level and it would be great for them to go Southeast District at tourney time whether that is D1 or D2 but most likely that will never happen. WB just doesnt have the talent level and most likely never will to be able to compete in DI Cincinnati. Unfortunately that will take a major change in enrollment numbers by the state to make them D2. Especially with the new subdivisions being built the enrollment is just going to climb higher. I am not being critical of anyone in the past coaching abilities I just think that in any program you cant wait until high school to be involved. A varsity coach is there to help the program at all levels where needed not just coach the varsity.
Agreed. That wasn't a problem there though. Seems to me football is a problem there for the basketball program. Those things can come and go in waves though. Between that and kids moving away, those problems can exist anywhere. If coaches get along, it can work out. Ultimately, a kid is going to be swayed more to one sport. Negativity in any community also doesn't help. Some people get it and some don't. Down here in the southeast, the smaller schools seem to have a grip on it all. That could be easier here though due to the tournament route being easier.

Well I Started it...I may as well close this job out. Pending school board approval Mr Kelvan Moss will be one the new head coach at Lakota West...I certainly hope he stays off Twitter. Good luck
Are you referring to the officials tweet? If so unfollow him!!! Obviously the powers that be had no issue with it, he was their guy from the start.

I agree about the comments on football . This is maybe the only time that football and basketball have been successful at same time. I am a basketball guy so I tend to think in the past that football leans toward wanting those kids year round. Its a lot easier to achieve playing time in football due to 22 possible starters compared to 5 in basketball. Some of that could be corrected from administration in my opinion. WB has had a few players move away over the years but I don't remember too many that I would consider it a part of the situation. Bottom line is a hope its a good hire who is looking to move the program forward for years to come.

Btw I have always thought it would be great to coach at a D3 or D4 school that was considered a basketball school. Meaning no football or wrestling to compete with and have the kids available to you all year round. As an old timer that would be a dream. I know those schools still exist just not at a D1 school obviously. I am sure it still is every coach's dream to end up at State Final 4. I personally know a few who have been there and they all said it was a dream come true.

I'm hearing Woodward coach Redden will figure prominently in the Winton Woods coaching search. I know Winton Woods has had some success over the last 10 years, but I am beginning to wonder if the emphasis on football is hurting the program, like it has destroyed Colerain's BB program. I believe the WW could be an excellent job for the right guy.

I'm hearing Woodward coach Redden will figure prominently in the Winton Woods coaching search. I know Winton Woods has had some success over the last 10 years, but I am beginning to wonder if the emphasis on football is hurting the program, like it has destroyed Colerain's BB program. I believe the WW could be an excellent job for the right guy.
Definitely, he wants WW interesting to see if they will give it to him but he could be the right fit for them

Once again from credible sources Demarco Bradley interview at Purcell did not go over so well with hiring committee.
Does Coach Bradley Teach or Work at Taft? Anyone what PM Hiring Committee is looking for? Just my opinion but Bradley a better Basketball Coach than Gentry.

Does Coach Bradley Teach or Work at Taft? Anyone what PM Hiring Committee is looking for? Just my opinion but Bradley a better Basketball Coach than Gentry.
I think they are about the same..I heard from someone in interview today with Gentry his interview went well but there will be second round of interviews…

Btw I have always thought it would be great to coach at a D3 or D4 school that was considered a basketball school. Meaning no football or wrestling to compete with and have the kids available to you all year round. As an old timer that would be a dream. I know those schools still exist just not at a D1 school obviously. I am sure it still is every coach's dream to end up at State Final 4. I personally know a few who have been there and they all said it was a dream come true.
Definitely, he wants WW interesting to see if they will give it to him but he could be the right fit for them
I’m hearing another CPS coach is in the running for this job. Could be a dark horse if true.

I'm also wondering if Adair Carmichael will be in the running at Winton Woods. Has been on staff there for a few years I believe and he had some success during his tenure at Mt. Healthy

Im sure CJ will be alright. He has pretty solid mentors (dad and brother) to lean on if he needs any advice or help. Im sure they wouldnt of hired him if they thought he couldnt handle the job.

Per Mike Dyer, CJ Fleming hire at Badin is official.

Updated list to reflect the hiring. Thanks @InTheKnow513 and @cincyhoops for the assists

Current Openings-------------------Previous Coach
Wilmington ----------------------------Jermaine Issac
Purcell Marian--------------------------Mark Majick
Mt. Orab Western Brown--------------Drake Williams
Winton Woods--------------------------Andre Tate
Hughes----------------------------------Brandon Grammer
St. Xavier--------------------------------Mike Noszka
Middletown------------------------------Kelven Moss

Filled:------------------------------------New Coach
Lakota West----------------------------Kelven Moss
Badin------------------------------------C.J. Fleming