Cincinnati Area Open Jobs

updated list with Fenwick opening. Thanks for the assist @Ballin50 and @Bill Wennington

Current Openings-------------------Previous Coach
Wilmington ----------------------------Jermaine Issac
Mt. Orab Western Brown--------------Drake Williams
Winton Woods--------------------------Andre Tate
Hughes----------------------------------Brandon Grammer
St. Xavier--------------------------------Mike Noszka
Fenwick————————————-Mike Holweger

Filled:------------------------------------New Coach
Lakota West----------------------------Kelven Moss
Badin------------------------------------C.J. Fleming
Purcell Marian--------------------------Steve Gentry
Middletown------------------------------Bill Edwards Jr.
Gentry at PM will be interesting to say the least. I don’t think he last 3 Seasons. Winton Woods is not a sleeping giant in Basketball! They are a Football School and everyone knows it!
How did Winton Woods job opening up?

They didn’t renew Coach Tate? They Fired Coach Tate? I don’t really care but apparently the job is Open.
According to their last school board agenda, Tate’s resignation was accepted under the personnel section. Although I don’t remember seeing the job listed anywhere other than applitrack which I’m wondering if it points to an internal hiring

According to their last school board agenda, Tate’s resignation was accepted under the personnel section. Although I don’t remember seeing the job listed anywhere other than applitrack which I’m wondering if it points to an internal hiring
well.....there is an asst coach there with some hc experience......wonder if that could be the move being made?

I would think Tate left on his own, has 8 - 12 years of success as a head coach. That is hard to find.

Badin - Nick Brown will get that job IMO.

West - Not going to be Moss - Not sure who it will be but not Moss.
And this one...big LOL here.

So how about we stop telling others they don't know what they're talking about, huh? You don't know more than the average bear, so stop acting like you do.

My guess is you're a ref who think he "knows" these guys, because well, refs think they know everything, and think these coaches are their buddies. You don't know.

And you get on me for "inside information" LOL

Last edited:
Resignation always a possibility. The School and Board dont have a process to follow including seeking the best Candidate, internal or external?

Can't wait for Noszka to Wilmington :rolleyes:
I can't stand the people who drool for Noszka... I'll give that he is a good coach not a great coach. Nobody wants that Wilmington job... The coach that just resigned was a "Noszka guy" and he ran kids away from the program. The second half of the season Wilmington only played a half of freshman ball and a half of JV ball because the numbers were so low....

I can't stand the people who drool for Noszka... I'll give that he is a good coach not a great coach. Nobody wants that Wilmington job... The coach that just resigned was a "Noszka guy" and he ran kids away from the program. The second half of the season Wilmington only played a half of freshman ball and a half of JV ball because the numbers were so low....
He has a style that simply just doesn't work anymore. The best coaches are more than X and O guys. They create a team culture and try to make it a great experience for the players AND their family members. They want parents involved and excited, whether your kid is a starter or last on the bench.

Noszka knows basketball. He's a good coach. But he doesn't balance the relationship piece well, and that's super important, especially at the suburban schools. You have to let people in.

I'm also wondering if Adair Carmichael will be in the running at Winton Woods. Has been on staff there for a few years I believe and he had some success during his tenure at Mt. Healthy
Have we heard anything on this? Last I heard, they interviewed their 3 finalists last week (Pilgrim (WW Asst), Tucker (Ypsi HC), and Redden (Woodward). I would think this would have been finalized by now.

He has a style that simply just doesn't work anymore. The best coaches are more than X and O guys. They create a team culture and try to make it a great experience for the players AND their family members. They want parents involved and excited, whether your kid is a starter or last on the bench.

Noszka knows basketball. He's a good coach. But he doesn't balance the relationship piece well, and that's super important, especially at the suburban schools. You have to let people in.
I've been a longtime lurker on these boards, but had to offer up another opinion here. I have lived in Wilmington my entire life and some of my family members played for Noszka. The basketball was bad in the decade before Noszka got here and it's been bad since he left. He had our town excited about basketball and the gym was packed every game - not just during the Cumberland era. He communicated well with the parents and the kids but he would not talk about strategy or allow parents to come to him about other people's kids. As a parent, I respect this. In my opinion, parents should back off and let their kids create their own sports experiences. Maybe things are different in the affluent schools?

I think Cumberland could do well at Wilmington. I wouldn't consider the last guy to be a Noszka guy. He was more involved with the girls program.

I've been a longtime lurker on these boards, but had to offer up another opinion here. I have lived in Wilmington my entire life and some of my family members played for Noszka. The basketball was bad in the decade before Noszka got here and it's been bad since he left. He had our town excited about basketball and the gym was packed every game - not just during the Cumberland era. He communicated well with the parents and the kids but he would not talk about strategy or allow parents to come to him about other people's kids. As a parent, I respect this. In my opinion, parents should back off and let their kids create their own sports experiences. Maybe things are different in the affluent schools?

I think Cumberland could do well at Wilmington. I wouldn't consider the last guy to be a Noszka guy. He was more involved with the girls program.
Disclaimer, second hand info from St X parents. It wasn't so much that the parents wanted to run the show, it was more communication, building relationships with kids/parents, etc. Have heard it from a couple people with kids that play and decided not to play, as well as a few other posts on here that mentioned the same things.

Coaches shouldn't have to listen to parents about how to run the program, I will agree with you there. If that gets out of control, a coach can't be successful. Don't know if it was out of control at X.

Not sure what was different. Others have said he pissed the wrong people off at X (meaning he pissed off Coach Specht). Just rumors but multiple people have posted that as well.

Disclaimer, second hand info from St X parents. It wasn't so much that the parents wanted to run the show, it was more communication, building relationships with kids/parents, etc. Have heard it from a couple people with kids that play and decided not to play, as well as a few other posts on here that mentioned the same things.

Coaches shouldn't have to listen to parents about how to run the program, I will agree with you there. If that gets out of control, a coach can't be successful. Don't know if it was out of control at X.

Not sure what was different. Others have said he pissed the wrong people off at X (meaning he pissed off Coach Specht). Just rumors but multiple people have posted that as well.
And I don’t know anybody from St. X, so I can’t comment about what their parents think. I do know the school is now on its fifth coach in about 10 years and that they just lost a really good coach/person.

Last edited:
And this one...big LOL here.

So how about we stop telling others they don't know what they're talking about, huh? You don't know more than the average bear, so stop acting like you do.

My guess is you're a ref who think he "knows" these guys, because well, refs think they know everything, and think these coaches are their buddies. You don't know.

And you get on me for "inside information" LOL
I was def wrong about Moss and I said IMO it would be Brown. You realize this site is about predicting things and talking about rumors correct? It wouldn't be any fun if everyone just waited until after the fact.

I was def wrong about Moss and I said IMO it would be Brown. You realize this site is about predicting things and talking about rumors correct? It wouldn't be any fun if everyone just waited until after the fact.
Sure, that's fine to predict.

But don't tell me that I post things as fact when you do the EXACT same thing. You told me that I have no inside knowledge and should stop posting as if I know. I suggest you take your own advice.

I’m assuming he is currently coaching? If so, where? That would be an interesting hire for sure.
I know he was an assistant coach for Springboro before Bales took over. I don't know where he was at this year, I want to say he was in the athletic department field somewhere.