Cincinnati Area Open Jobs

bball15133

The first domino in the 2023 coaching carousel has started today. According to Mike Dyer on WCPO Jimmy Leon and Lakota West have parted ways after 5 seasons. Will be interesting to see what direction West goes for their next coach.

Please feel free post any other confirmed openings here.

The first domino in the 2023 coaching carousel has started today. According to Mike Dyer on WCPO Jimmy Leon and Lakota West have parted ways after 5 seasons. Will be interesting to see what direction West goes for their next coach.

Please feel free post any other confirmed openings here.
that job will get a zillion applications......

Probably Vickers interested--can't imagine WC would be where he wants to be after going 0-16 in the ECC--and his GMC years at Sycamore and East as well.

Same with Jimmy Leon…let go from 3 programs in 10 years…you had your day and it was a good ride…the old schtick doesn’t play today….best case is attach yourself to a program as an assistant or mentor..or ride off into the sunset…it eventually happens to all of us…in all walks of life

Has Wally Vickers even actively sought out the last 2 coaching jobs he's had? I believe Deer Park was a favor to Jim Stahl (sp?) after Gentry left last minute and hung them out to dry. And West Clermont seemed to be super late in the process, just wondering if that one was him seeking it out or if WC sought him out cause they had an immediate need,

Has Wally Vickers even actively sought out the last 2 coaching jobs he's had? I believe Deer Park was a favor to Jim Stahl (sp?) after Gentry left last minute and hung them out to dry. And West Clermont seemed to be super late in the process, just wondering if that one was him seeking it out or if WC sought him out cause they had an immediate need,
You’re entirely right. I love Coach Vickers, but he was “done” when he resigned from Lakota East. He’s not going to Lakota West. He wants to give West Clermont some stability and then will pass the torch to someone else.

Wally is old… and the game has evolved…a ton…I have watched him over too many years…he was a good coach…now it is like watching 48 year old Steve Carlton pitching in the minors…time for a new generation…
Tough man-to-man defense and the motion offense still works, and no one gets you to play harder than Coach Vickers.

Ignorant post.
Why? He put his time in..coached some good teams…it is a great thing to devote so much of his life and time…the last few stops I have seen him at…Clark, Deer Park and West Clermont it seemed like the kids weren’t relating to him and vice versa…there is no shame in that..kids today are miles different than they used to be…both on the court and off…and the game is changing….it is a hard lesson I see many programs going through…that is how life works…now 23 Skidoo…and get off my lawn

Not sure…the last two losses in state to Mariemont might be wearing on him? He seems to be building something at Summit…and as a GCL grad might be more comfortable at a private…but you never know

Lakota west has a really good rising freshman class- hope they get a good coach, its been too many lean years in that program.

I can. He would be paid a heck of a lot more and be head coach at a Division 1 school with lots of talent.
Eh, i dont think job at West is worth giving up what he has, but we’ll see. He gets to coach where his kids go to school (and they get to go to a very expensive school for nothing) and he teaches at a great school, too. They love him at summit and its his job as long as he wants it, most likely.

Why? He put his time in..coached some good teams…it is a great thing to devote so much of his life and time…the last few stops I have seen him at…Clark, Deer Park and West Clermont it seemed like the kids weren’t relating to him and vice versa…there is no shame in that..kids today are miles different than they used to be…both on the court and off…and the game is changing….it is a hard lesson I see many programs going through…that is how life works…now 23 Skidoo…and get off my lawn
If the NBA can recycle coaches so can Cincinnati area high schools. One last hurrah for Jerry Doerger.

And…his Father is a Summit alum…so family history there.
Yes- and you cant beat the education for the younger kids, its a big draw. The way things went down for Rooks (who had success everywhere else) might be a deterrent as well, imo. Ryan is a helluva coach- any kid would be fortunate to play for him

Per Mike Dyer on Twitter:

Wilmington HS coach Jermaine Isaac has stepped down due to a new job commitment.

Current Openings-------------------Previous Coach
Wilmington ----------------------------Jermaine Issac
Badin------------------------------------Pat Kreke
Lakota West----------------------------Jimmy Leon

Filled:
none