Cincinnati Area Open Jobs

Per Mike Dyer on Twitter:

Wilmington HS coach Jermaine Isaac has stepped down due to a new job commitment.

Current Openings-------------------Previous Coach
Wilmington ----------------------------Jermaine Issac
Badin------------------------------------Pat Kreke
Lakota West----------------------------Jimmy Leon

Filled:
none
been awhile since wilmington was any good......

Added Purcell Marian to the list. Thanks for the assist @usfldan

Current Openings-------------------Previous Coach
Wilmington ----------------------------Jermaine Issac
Badin------------------------------------Pat Kreke
Lakota West----------------------------Jimmy Leon
Purcell Marian--------------------------Mark Majick

Filled:
none

Wilmington thoughts:
Jaevin Cumberland- currently at the school working as assistant AD I believe?
Adam Weber- Works at Laurel Oaks which is located in Wilmington. I believe part of the reason he stepped down at Blanchester was the drive plus no talent coming up.
Dustin Eads- Works at Laurel Oaks lives in Clinton County currently assistant with Noska at St.Xavier. He is really good family friends with new Superintendent Jimmy Brady.

Badin thoughts:
Scott Kerr
Ben Cosgrove
Mark Majick

Lakota West
Kelven Moss

Wilmington thoughts:
Adam Weber- Works at Laurel Oaks which is located in Wilmington. I believe part of the reason he stepped down at Blanchester was the drive plus no talent coming up.
Dustin Eads- Works at Laurel Oaks lives in Clinton County currently assistant with Noska at St.Xavier. He is really good family friends with new Superintendent Jimmy Brady.

Badin thoughts:
Scott Kerr
Ben Cosgrove
Mark Majick

Lakota West
Kelven Moss
Badin - Nick Brown will get that job IMO.

West - Not going to be Moss - Not sure who it will be but not Moss.

Badin - Nick Brown will get that job IMO.

West - Not going to be Moss - Not sure who it will be but not Moss.
Yea, it would be really hard to see Moss leaving Middletown the way he speaks about the place and considering the fact that he's an alum.

Yea, it would be really hard to see Moss leaving Middletown the way he speaks about the place and considering the fact that he's an alum.
There are a lot rumors circulating about Moss maybe leaving for LW. Sounds like a good opportunity over at West. The question is, which of the two programs are the better fit and which has more upside?!

There are a lot rumors circulating about Moss maybe leaving for LW. Sounds like a good opportunity over at West. The question is, which of the two programs are the better fit and which has more upside?!
Could be a good move for Moss. He has lived in the LW community for 10 years, wife works in the district and his children in the district, as well.

Wilmington thoughts:

Badin thoughts:
Scott Kerr
Ben Cosgrove
Mark Majick

Lakota West
Kelven Moss
I agree with your list for Wilmington, possibly throw in Ryan Briggs, former East Clinton and Hillsboro head coach, currently working at Blanchester I believe??

Could be a good move for Moss. He has lived in the LW community for 10 years, wife works in the district and his children in the district, as well.
I also wonder what his admin license situation is, I know he is a "Director" at Marshall but if he can get admin position similar to what Bolden has at West, I'm sure it could be a nice little pay bump for him as well.

Speaking of Bolden, does he hinder potential candidates at all? I feel like I have heard in the past that he can make it slightly difficult for the hoops coach in that he is not real high on football kids playing basketball. West is obviously a large school, but it still would hurt if potential athletes chose not to play hoops because of football.

I also wonder what his admin license situation is, I know he is a "Director" at Marshall but if he can get admin position similar to what Bolden has at West, I'm sure it could be a nice little pay bump for him as well.

Speaking of Bolden, does he hinder potential candidates at all? I feel like I have heard in the past that he can make it slightly difficult for the hoops coach in that he is not real high on football kids playing basketball. West is obviously a large school, but it still would hurt if potential athletes chose not to play hoops because of football.
I'd imagine a position as such would be hard to find. I believe East and West are set up the same so there's usually only 1 of those type of jobs. Adkins I'm pretty sure teaches at East. Bales at Springboro is one of the few basketball coaches I know of that have a job like that.

Yes, Bolden does somewhat hurt basketball imo but not like it did at Colerain. There's been some pretty good role players though at West who haven't played since he's arrived that could've helped out quite a bit. West has had some really good HS basketball players though who just played basketball though Dudukovich, Mackey, Turner, Boykins, Williams ... pretty good list so you can certainly field a team of guys who almost only play basketball

That is awful! Kids basically get 4 years…play everything…be in the musical…get after it…this concept of concentrating on one sport is ludicrous..very few of these kids will ever play anything big time in college and less than 1/2% beyond that…and let me tell you…your kid isn’t in that 1/2%…play soccer, football, basketball, wrestle…play lacrosse…play golf…play in the band!…you will be much happier when you wake up some Saturday when you are 40 and think of all the good times instead of being bitter about specializing and not going anywhere…Lebron James played football! Joe Burrow played basketball….time of your athletic and school life…don’t waste it 😎

Bolden most definitely affects the basketball program. There has been quite a few football players that stopped playing basketball once he arrived. Kids that would have elevated West from staying mid to below mid level in the GMC.

Bolden most definitely affects the basketball program. There has been quite a few football players that stopped playing basketball once he arrived. Kids that would have elevated West from staying mid to below mid level in the GMC.
Well that’s something the AD should handle then. But they knew what they were getting when they hired him as football coach.

The Gilbert kid at West will be a great litmus test for this discussion. He improved a lot over the course of the season and if he wants to continue to play hoops, will Bolden "let" him. Additionally, are the big time programs recruiting him going to want him playing, especially his senior year when they want kids to enroll early. It's funny to hear all of these football coaches espouse wanting multi-sport athletes and there is always the stat after the NFL Draft about how many of them played multiple sports; but these are the same coaches pressuring kids into specializing and enrolling early.

Kids that play football should be playing basketball especially the kids at the specialty positions. I was watching the Pivot podcast last night featuring Deon Sanders and he said if you are a 4 or 5 star DB or safety you should be playing basketball and dominating. I dont get it, save this for another thread because its definitely worth the discussion. Back on topic, who are the other names circulating around Cincinnati for the LW job?

The Gilbert kid at West will be a great litmus test for this discussion. He improved a lot over the course of the season and if he wants to continue to play hoops, will Bolden "let" him. Additionally, are the big time programs recruiting him going to want him playing, especially his senior year when they want kids to enroll early. It's funny to hear all of these football coaches espouse wanting multi-sport athletes and there is always the stat after the NFL Draft about how many of them played multiple sports; but these are the same coaches pressuring kids into specializing and enrolling early.
I like this. I would argue that some kids and parents are “letting” Bolden get away with this. Definitely strange that many D1 College Football Programs recruit “Athletes” their word but they don’t want Athletes being Athletes outside Football! Just my opinion but many Multi Sport HS Athletes just love to compete and put in the required work to be their best no matter the Sport they are playing.

Funny how this whole "specialize" thing seems to happen the most with "football" kids. Most of the time, these student-athletes are swayed the wrong way when being told this and it affects the rest of the sports of schools. Football coaches should be the last to complain. They literally get their players more than any other sport and the summer feeds right into their season. The schools I know get their kids in the winter for weight lifting, the spring for weights and football workouts, June and July and then that feeds into their seasons. Basketball gets screwed. They get their athletes that play football when football season is completed. If that football team makes a post season run in the playoffs, it pushes their development and time back for basketball coaches. And don't even get me started on how the divisions are split up different for each of them. The OHSAA needs to get this corrected.

That is awful! Kids basically get 4 years…play everything…be in the musical…get after it…this concept of concentrating on one sport is ludicrous..very few of these kids will ever play anything big time in college and less than 1/2% beyond that…and let me tell you…your kid isn’t in that 1/2%…play soccer, football, basketball, wrestle…play lacrosse…play golf…play in the band!…you will be much happier when you wake up some Saturday when you are 40 and think of all the good times instead of being bitter about specializing and not going anywhere…Lebron James played football! Joe Burrow played basketball….time of your athletic and school life…don’t waste it 😎
Well one of the top returning varsity players 6’7” sophomore Luka Gilbert just got offered at Ohio State for football (along with several other D1 schools)- hearing he may not return to basketball

Responded above before seeing this. Playing back to back football and basketball is hard- in every way. Easier at a smaller school or less prominent program? Probably

Responded above before seeing this. Playing back to back football and basketball is hard- in every way. Easier at a smaller school or less prominent program? Probably
Way back when under Kerry Coombs, Colerain’s best basketball players were pretty much entirely their football players. Even Coombs’ son played basketball and was pretty solid. Dominic Goodman was a star. Colerain was never a great basketball program then, but they competed. Unfortunately, Bolden is different in this regard and doesn’t like players doing both. Fortunately, Lakota West has a huge talent pool and there will still be good basketball-only players.

Well one of the top returning varsity players 6’7” sophomore Luka Gilbert just got offered at Ohio State for football (along with several other D1 schools)- hearing he may not return to basketball
He’s going to be a stud of a TE and is easily a top 100 recruit, but I do hope he keeps playing basketball too.

Way back when under Kerry Coombs, Colerain’s best basketball players were pretty much entirely their football players. Even Coombs’ son played basketball and was pretty solid. Dominic Goodman was a star. Colerain was never a great basketball program then, but they competed. Unfortunately, Bolden is different in this regard and doesn’t like players doing both. Fortunately, Lakota West has a huge talent pool and there will still be good basketball-only players.
If they get a good coach. There have been several good players who chose to go to East over the years, too when the West program was struggling

He’s going to be a stud of a TE and is easily a top 100 recruit, but I do hope he keeps playing basketball too.
It’s just a huge commitment and the risk of injury is always a concern. Basketball is a grind- weekday games, Practice every day, for families too as it encompasses Thanksgiving, Christmas break etc- it has to be worth it, which if you are a big time D1 commit in another sport it may not be

Word out of Purcell Marian..finalists: Steven Gentry and Steve Logan…that will turn the MVC upside down…and sideways 😳