Cincinnati Area Open Jobs

Word out of Purcell Marian..finalists: Steven Gentry and Steve Logan…that will turn the MVC upside down…and sideways 😳
Finalists? It just posted a week ago. Other postings haven't even closed yet. Sounds like they knew who they wanted when they fired Majick.

I think Gentry would do really well at Purcell. Of course he would be recruiting, thats what private/ catholic schools do to exist.

Fleming is a real possibility @ West...
Badin has good potential coming back for next year. I thought at one time the job at Badin would be Loefflers but he recently left coaching all together. District COY Conner Roberts might be a possible candidate for either job. The kid has potential to be a great coach.

Gentry will run whatever Program he touches into the ground if given another shot. Purcell has a very good candidate Coaching JV unless he was Fired too or not interested. Coach Cook been around awhile under some quality Head Coaches, he involved with 5th or 6th Grade Friars Club program. Great Coach and Person imo.

I have heard Western Brown coach is stepping down. I am not sure of reason why but I do know he has 3 young kids. WB is the biggest school in their league and usually competes for league titles but don't compete very well in D1 tourney. The SBC is mainly a D2 league and while WB has upgraded their non league schedule the last few years it hasn't produced any tournament wins. They have great facilities but in my opinion are a D1 school with D2 or D3 talent. They generally come in about 10 kids over in enrollment to bump them to D1. As for the future they graduate 4 senior starters and really only have 2 returning kids with varsity experience. Their best underclassmen left after 8th grade to go to Moeller and the JV and freshmen both had losing records this year. I think they will always be competitive in SBC but not tourney success. Maybe a good job for a young coach who wants the experience and move on after a few years. Any takers ?

The Gilbert kid at West will be a great litmus test for this discussion. He improved a lot over the course of the season and if he wants to continue to play hoops, will Bolden "let" him. Additionally, are the big time programs recruiting him going to want him playing, especially his senior year when they want kids to enroll early. It's funny to hear all of these football coaches espouse wanting multi-sport athletes and there is always the stat after the NFL Draft about how many of them played multiple sports; but these are the same coaches pressuring kids into specializing and enrolling early.
So so true

Funny how this whole "specialize" thing seems to happen the most with "football" kids. Most of the time, these student-athletes are swayed the wrong way when being told this and it affects the rest of the sports of schools. Football coaches should be the last to complain. They literally get their players more than any other sport and the summer feeds right into their season. The schools I know get their kids in the winter for weight lifting, the spring for weights and football workouts, June and July and then that feeds into their seasons. Basketball gets screwed. They get their athletes that play football when football season is completed. If that football team makes a post season run in the playoffs, it pushes their development and time back for basketball coaches. And don't even get me started on how the divisions are split up different for each of them. The OHSAA needs to get this corrected.
Baseball too

It’s even harder in Southern states. Football has spring practice. Baseball season starts in mid-February. Basketball teams play about 35 games. Pretty much impossible to play any 2 of the major sports, let alone 3 like some kids around Cincinnati still do.

Tough man-to-man defense and the motion offense still works, and no one gets you to play harder than Coach Vickers.
Thank you. Don’t have a Dog in the fight. Most want a young gun with little experience. Usually doesn’t turn out well. Most need an experienced guy who’s been in the trenches !

That is awful! Kids basically get 4 years…play everything…be in the musical…get after it…this concept of concentrating on one sport is ludicrous..very few of these kids will ever play anything big time in college and less than 1/2% beyond that…and let me tell you…your kid isn’t in that 1/2%…play soccer, football, basketball, wrestle…play lacrosse…play golf…play in the band!…you will be much happier when you wake up some Saturday when you are 40 and think of all the good times instead of being bitter about specializing and not going anywhere…Lebron James played football! Joe Burrow played basketball….time of your athletic and school life…don’t waste it 😎
That’s when the school board and administrators step in at many of these schools and stop the BS. I know that’s a pipe dream at some of these schools !

Add Ft.Loramie to the list of openings... According to Ft.Loramie boys basketball twitter handler Britton has resigned to be with family.

Any chance Purcell goes after the current girls coach, Coach Mosley?
I definitely think he could do well but I'd be surprised if Mosley would give up two more years with the talent he has on the girls side, unless Alexander has plans to go to a prep school or something. Losing her would obviously make things quite a bit different.

According to the Western Brown's athletic twitter account
1678830606216.png

Added Mt. Orab Western Brown to the list. Thanks @MTO80 and @Ballin50 for the assist.

Current Openings-------------------Previous Coach
Wilmington ----------------------------Jermaine Issac
Badin------------------------------------Pat Kreke
Lakota West----------------------------Jimmy Leon
Purcell Marian--------------------------Mark Majick
Mt. Orab Western Brown--------------Drake Williams

Filled:
none

According to the Greater Cincinnati Application consortium, Winton Woods is looking for a coach to replace Andre Tate. It is possible this is just a yearly renewal posting so I am going to wait until see it posted elsewhere before adding it to the main list. Would be interesting to see who this draws if it is really open.

According to the Greater Cincinnati Application consortium, Winton Woods is looking for a coach to replace Andre Tate. It is possible this is just a yearly renewal posting so I am going to wait until see it posted elsewhere before adding it to the main list. Would be interesting to see who this draws if it is really open.
There are a few CPS coaches interested in that job if it is really open

Added Mt. Orab Western Brown to the list. Thanks @MTO80 and @Ballin50 for the assist.

Filled:
none
I would Keep an eye on Fort Laramie old head coach Britton to be in the mix for one of these jobs

Added Winton Woods and Hughes to the list. Thanks @JElder and @wilbur for the assist.

Winton Woods--------------------------Andre Tate
Hughes----------------------------------Brandon Grammer

Filled:
none