Votes: 24 15.3%
  • Lake Blue Streaks

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Perry Panthers

Votes: 37 23.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is bringing back culture and holding kids account. Something that hasnt happened the past couple years. Bladerson was a mistake of a hire.
Also prior to him leaving in 2016 he almost won the fed outright prior to blowing a 24-3 lead against perry. With the previous 2 years sharing a piece of the FED. He had 2 losing seasons before he stepped away but will still winning some games far from going 0-10 every year like Balderson. Also a lot of new faces on the staff mixed with some familiar ones. Im also hearing there is a good bit of talent coming up in the near future for them. Will be exciting to see.
I won’t deny he was very successful for a good portion of his original tenure, but it’s not like he handed over a program that was in great shape to his successor. Like it or not he was partly to blame for the programs descent. Hopefully he revised some of what he was doing.

Last edited:
Tonight is the annual preview event hosted by St. Haralambos church. Part roast, part preview, most coaches in the county are expected to attend. WHBC - 1480 AM is airing the program at approximately 7:30. It's usually worth a few interesting sound bytes.

Last edited:
I'll be going to watch the Green- New Philadelphia scrimmage tomorrow. If it's like it was two years ago, there should be a full half of game play. I'm most interested to see if Green has found an every-down back to take the pressure off of the passing game, and if the defensive front seven has improved. I'm not too worried about the passing game or pass defense. Green's success this year is going to depend on their play in the trenches. The Quakers have a new coach, so I'm not sure if they are still going to run the air raid. I'm expecting it to be evenly matched, and with no shortage of offensive firepower.

I'll be going to watch the Green- New Philadelphia scrimmage tomorrow. If it's like it was two years ago, there should be a full half of game play. I'm most interested to see if Green has found an every-down back to take the pressure off of the passing game, and if the defensive front seven has improved. I'm not too worried about the passing game or pass defense. Green's success this year is going to depend on their play in the trenches. The Quakers have a new coach, so I'm not sure if they are still going to run the air raid. I'm expecting it to be evenly matched, and with no shortage of offensive firepower.
You know what would make Green's front seven better if they participated in wrestling during the winter season.

Alliance @ Hoover scrimmage: 8-12-2021 6:00 PM
I don’t expect Baum to show much in this scrimmage. Alliance is a strong opponent to compete against before the start of the season next week.

Perry beat Euclid 21-6 in the two quarter game condition part and 1-0 in the one 10 play series each team had before the two quarters started. Perry shored up some things, had four knock downs and two interceptions, one in the end zone. Euclid’s QB was good but inconsistent. Had good wheels. Jonathan Ruiz and Sam Thompson both ran the ball very hard and well for Perry. The sophomore QB did a nice job running the offense. He attempted about a dozen passes. He overthrew a TD & threw a couple behind his receivers, but overall threw a nice ball & the young man has some wheels. Perry gave up a long TD run of 70 yards on D, something they’ll have to work on. Eucli’s special teams were a problem, especially their long snapper. Once in the game condition, he hiked it over the punters head back to their 15 and it cost them a TD. Perry has a nice punter and placekicker. The guy doing kickoffs for Perry hit two into the end zone on the fly.

Last edited:
Hoover beat Alliance in a half I think it was 22-0.
(When both teams starters played). Hoover's defense looked the best it has in the last 5-6 years,l. Hoover's front 7 is very good. The one D end is huge. I think it's Logan. And the one D tackle had 2 or 3 tackles for loss.
Alliance had a hard time moving the ball. I think Alliance will get better as the year goes. New head coach kids trying to figure out system. Hoover looked pretty good on offense. Ran and threw the all Ok. Defense put them in good places on the field. Hoover should win there non league games, although no matter what Louisville can be a toss up. I'm not sure how good the league is, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are right up top.
How's McKinley doing? Good Luck All

Perry beat Euclid 21-6 in the two quarter game condition part and 1-0 in the one 10 play series each team had before the two quarters started. Perry shored up some things, had four knock downs and two interceptions, one in the end zone. Euclid’s QB was good but inconsistent. Had good wheels. Jonathan Ruiz and Sam Thompson both ran the ball very hard and well for Perry. The sophomore QB did a nice job running the offense. He attempted about a dozen passes. He overthrew a TD & threw a couple behind his receivers, but overall threw a nice ball & the young man has some wheels. Perry gave up a long TD run of 70 yards on D, something they’ll have to work on. Eucli’s special teams were a problem, especially their long snapper. Once in the game condition, he hiked it over the punters head back to their 15 and it cost them a TD. Perry has a nice punter and placekicker. The guy doing kickoffs for Perry hit two into the end zone on the fly.

I am not sure Euclid is going to be the same team they have been the last few years. VASJ is reported to have 110 kids out for football and I am assuming they got a good number of transfers in from Euclid.

Hoover beat Alliance in a half I think it was 22-0.
(When both teams starters played). Hoover's defense looked the best it has in the last 5-6 years,l. Hoover's front 7 is very good. The one D end is huge. I think it's Logan. And the one D tackle had 2 or 3 tackles for loss.
Alliance had a hard time moving the ball. I think Alliance will get better as the year goes. New head coach kids trying to figure out system. Hoover looked pretty good on offense. Ran and threw the all Ok. Defense put them in good places on the field. Hoover should win there non league games, although no matter what Louisville can be a toss up. I'm not sure how good the league is, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are right up top.
How's McKinley doing? Good Luck All
I agree that Hoover D-Line and O-Line are solid. The big D end is number four (Logan). It will take a couple of games for the offensive skill players to sync up with the QB. Hoover's first game will be a challenge Cleveland Heights has a talented team. The FED is likely to be more balanced this year with new coaches and teams with younger players I believe Green, MCK, and Perry will be the teams to beat, and I see Hoover as the sleeper team. I believe that the Hoover game against Louisville will be a classic like in the past.

Last edited:
Thx Big Ed !

OK, here's my predictions for team records. Conference records are first, then overall records.

McKinley Bulldogs (5-1, 6-4)
Perry Panthers (4-2, 8-2)
Green Bulldogs (3-3, 6-4)
Jackson Polar Bears (3-3, 6-4)
Hoover Vikings (3-3, 5-5)
Lake Blue Streaks (2-4, 5-5)
GlenOak Golden Eagles (1-5, 2-8)

OK, here's my predictions for team records. Conference records are first, then overall records.

McKinley Bulldogs (5-1, 6-4)
Perry Panthers (4-2, 8-2)
Green Bulldogs (3-3, 6-4)
Jackson Polar Bears (3-3, 6-4)
Hoover Vikings (3-3, 5-5)
Lake Blue Streaks (2-4, 5-5)
GlenOak Golden Eagles (1-5, 2-8)
Is it safe to assume you have Perry beating McK?

Here are the links to be used for the purchase of tickets for games at each league site -

Perry...........................................https://www.perrylocal.org/sports/Content2/tickets
Jackson......................................https://www.jackson.stark.k12.oh.us/domain/1751
Lake.............................................https://bluestreaksathletics.com/event-tickets
GlenOak.....................................https://glenoakathletics.org/event-tickets
McKinley....................................https://mckinleyathletics.org/event-tickets
Green..........................................https://greenlocalschools.hometownticketing.com/embed/all
Hoover.......................................https://hoovervikings.com/event-tickets

I won’t deny he was very successful for a good portion of his original tenure, but it’s not like he handed over a program that was in great shape to his successor. Like it or not he was partly to blame for the programs descent. Hopefully he revised some of what he was doing.
i.e. get the recruiting machine going again.

FEDERAL LEAGUE STANDINGS

GlenOak (1-0) W 31-22 vs Shaker Hts.
Green (1-0) W 48-6 @ Ellet
Jackson (1-0) W 39-20 vs East
Lake (1-0) W35-7 vs Alliance
Hoover (0-1) L 28-48 vs Cle Hts.
McKinley (0-1) L 7-49 vs Mentor
Perry (0-1) L 26-28 @ Central

I really think green has a shot at an FLC this year.
Why because they won a non league game against an inferior opponent? Don't forget that Green started 4-0 last season then fell flat against their playoff opponent, Lake, Jackson and Hoover finishing 4-4. Greens non con schedule is a bit different than the Federal League.
If there is going to be a surprise champ this year it's going to be Lake.

Why because they won a non league game against an inferior opponent? Don't forget that Green started 4-0 last season then fell flat against their playoff opponent, Lake, Jackson and Hoover finishing 4-4. Greens non con schedule is a bit different than the Federal League.
I mean it could be Lake. But that’s not why I said green could win the FLC. They return a ton of guys from last years squad including their QB. Mix that with a somewhat down year in the FL it could happen. Not saying it will, but this would be the year for them. Lake is very young. Talented but young. The fed is wide open this year.

While Perry’s JV’s were beating Central 41-6 the varsity was out in full pads after watching video, “working on some things” which included some sprints. In my experience around Perry, this is unusual, but obviously Coach Slates felt it was necessary. Good for him.

While Perry’s JV’s were beating Central 41-6 the varsity was out in full pads after watching video, “working on some things” which included some sprints. In my experience around Perry, this is unusual, but obviously Coach Slates felt it was necessary. Good for him.
Heck yeah Big Ed! They should have been running laps after the game! Division 2 Perry looses to Division 5 Canton Central Catholic! No disrespect to CC, cause those kids fight hard all game long but G.D. shame, shame Perry! I've been running my mouth at work that this game needs to end, not fair that Perry has the advantage and BAM! Smacked upside the head!

Heck yeah Big Ed! They should have been running laps after the game! Division 2 Perry looses to Division 5 Canton Central Catholic! No disrespect to CC, cause those kids fight hard all game long but G.D. shame, shame Perry! I've been running my mouth at work that this game needs to end, not fair that Perry has the advantage and BAM! Smacked upside the head!
This is a huge rivalry game and not the first time or last time Perry loses to Central. Out of the 24 games these two teams have played, Central has now won 9 of them. When the Panthers went to the D-2 State title game in 2016, they lost to Central 19-15. There is no shame in losing to the Crusaders. On paper D-2 Perry shouldn’t lose to D-5 Central, but the games aren’t played on paper. You have to execute on offense, not make turnovers, blow coverages, miss tackles and take advantage of every scoring opportunity. When you don’t do these things against good teams you are more likely to lose than win. There is little doubt in my mind this is the best Central team since 2016.

Green does not have the depth yet and while you want to point out last years playoff loss they just didn't have a backup QB (depth) and the QB they lost to injury might be the best one in the FL this year. Green has 5 pretty good receivers back and probably the best QB receiver duo returned. What does Lake have that you see?

That wasn’t the varsity squad. It was the freshman squad running in full pads on Saturday.

This is a huge rivalry game and not the first time or last time Perry loses to Central. Out of the 24 games these two teams have played, Central has now won 9 of them. When the Panthers went to the D-2 State title game in 2016, they lost to Central 19-15. There is no shame in losing to the Crusaders. On paper D-2 Perry shouldn’t lose to D-5 Central, but the games aren’t played on paper. You have to execute on offense, not make turnovers, blow coverages, miss tackles and take advantage of every scoring opportunity. When you don’t do these things against good teams you are more likely to lose than win. There is little doubt in my mind this is the best Central team since 2016.
Isn’t Central D6 now?

Lake v. Maple Hts. this week is off due to Covid issues at Lake. Hoover is now looking for a week 3 game due to issues at Collinwood.

- via The Rep

Status
Not open for further replies.