Votes: 24 15.3%
  • Lake Blue Streaks

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Perry Panthers

Votes: 37 23.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a huge rivalry game and not the first time or last time Perry loses to Central. Out of the 24 games these two teams have played, Central has now won 9 of them. When the Panthers went to the D-2 State title game in 2016, they lost to Central 19-15. There is no shame in losing to the Crusaders. On paper D-2 Perry shouldn’t lose to D-5 Central, but the games aren’t played on paper. You have to execute on offense, not make turnovers, blow coverages, miss tackles and take advantage of every scoring opportunity. When you don’t do these things against good teams you are more likely to lose than win. There is little doubt in my mind this is the best Central team since 2016.
Just watched the replay of the game, don't understand the pass [which was underthrown and intercepted] to start Perry's offensive series nor the 2 point pass attempt in OT which was nowhere near of being completed, also the poor tackling is a concern, the blown pass coverages not once but twice left CC receivers wide open, and tell me is their anybody in Perry both on the offensive and defensive side that can catch a FB? 2 times a CC pass attempt according to my calculations should have been picked off, 1 if intercepted would have been a pick 6, I patiently await your response

Heck yeah Big Ed! They should have been running laps after the game! Division 2 Perry looses to Division 5 Canton Central Catholic! No disrespect to CC, cause those kids fight hard all game long but G.D. shame, shame Perry! I've been running my mouth at work that this game needs to end, not fair that Perry has the advantage and BAM! Smacked upside the head!
I think CC may be a D-6 team

Just watched the replay of the game, don't understand the pass [which was underthrown and intercepted] to start Perry's offensive series nor the 2 point pass attempt in OT which was nowhere near of being completed, also the poor tackling is a concern, the blown pass coverages not once but twice left CC receivers wide open, and tell me is their anybody in Perry both on the offensive and defensive side that can catch a FB? 2 times a CC pass attempt according to my calculations should have been picked off, 1 if intercepted would have been a pick 6, I patiently await your response
I am not a fan at all of the quick lateral pass that was thrown in the end of the 3rd or early 4th. Too many bad things can happen. Personally, i like the base screen with Perry's speed and blockers. Coach Slates is good and I am sure adjustments will be made.

I think CC may be a D-6 team
They are DVI. Reconfiguration of how Competitive Balance numbers are calculated dropped CC from DV to DVI which is where they'd be placed on base enrollment alone. Regionally speaking, the only difference between DV and DVI is 1 has Kirtland in it and the other doesn't.

I saw 4 passes Canton CC threw that had an opportunity to be intercepted including 2 in a row on the last drive of regulation. I'd agree that the long pass to start the game was a headscratcher, but who would've expected Perry to run that play? They may have caught Canton CC in a busted coverage for an easy score. They probably saw on film that Canton CC's secondary let opposing receivers get behind them a few times in their scrimmages. The QB committed the cardinal sin of throwing deep - never underthrow your intended receiver. Nonetheless, Perry's the bigger school with the bigger roster and presumably more depth, and it's a hot and humid evening, so start the process of wearing Canton CC down like Perry did in 2019 to pull away in the 4th quarter. Run the ball. Even with that turnover and the fumble a few plays into Perry's 2nd possession, Canton CC showed signs of wearing down at the end of the 2nd quarter and into the 3rd quarter. The TD that was negated by penalty and the ensuing mistake (QB and RB running into each other) killed that drive and gave Canton CC its second wind. There's no way to know if Canton CC would've been able to drive down the field to kick a tying FG or score a winning TD had Perry converted on its FG attempt late in the 4th. On the 2 pt. attempt, it appeared the intended receiver was initially open when he made his break, but the QB didn't recognize it and get the ball out soon enough. If the teams played 10 times, I'd choose Perry to win the majority of them. They just didn't win the one that carries computer points and goes down in the books for 2021.

Last edited:
Green Bulldogs Week 1 stats

Van Horn 8-11 128 yards 3 TD 2 INT 6 carries 71 yards.
Martin 4 total touches for 136 yards and 3 TD
Simmer 5 total touches for 43 yards and 2 TD
37 offensive plays for 306 yards, 19 first downs, 6 TD, 8.27 yards per play
43 defensive plays, allowing only 138 yards, 7 first downs, and 3.2 yards per play

Lake v. Maple Hts. this week is off due to Covid issues at Lake. Hoover is now looking for a week 3 game due to issues at Collinwood.

- via The Rep
I wonder if this is affecting Alliance also? They played Lake last friday.

Green Bulldogs Week 1 stats

Van Horn 8-11 128 yards 3 TD 2 INT 6 carries 71 yards.
Martin 4 total touches for 136 yards and 3 TD
Simmer 5 total touches for 43 yards and 2 TD
37 offensive plays for 306 yards, 19 first downs, 6 TD, 8.27 yards per play
43 defensive plays, allowing only 138 yards, 7 first downs, and 3.2 yards per play
Thats not good.

I think Green- North Olmstead is going to be a close one. They put up 52 in Week 1 against North Ridgeville, who I would guess is better than Ellet. Also, I'm sure the 80 minute bus ride with no AC will be miserable for Green. Dawgs are probably slight favorites, and I believe in this team, but they're going to have to be at their best to get the W.

My prediction- Green 33 North Olmstead 28

Other predictions for tonight:

McKinley 21 Fitch 14
Massillon 42 GlenOak 7
Jackson 23 Mayfield 17
Hoover 35 Beechcroft 7
Perry 38 East 12

Finals:
Fitch 42 McKinley 28
Massillon 34 GlenOak 0
Jackson 35 Mayfield 20
Hoover 49 Beechcroft 14
Green 43 North Olmsted 14
Perry 21 Akron East 20 OT

After two weeks Jackson looks like they are the team to beat. The McKinley game surprised me, I thought they would possibly get a win or lose close. No surprise with GlenOak. Hoover beat a bad team as did Green. Perry blew a 2 touchdown lead again in the third quarter. Once again a fumble inside their 30 set up a tying score for East. In OT East muffed the snap on the EP and it was blocked after they scored first.

Incidentally, is Perry67 still around? Haven't seen anything from him on here in quite awhile.
I forgot my password and fell asleep and got a cold and missed my bus. Way to go Central. Good win. Perry needs a lot of work having already seen their ot win over Akron East. I am waiting for some continuity, consistency and TEAM tackling. It is early. It comes and goes when you have a new coach a Soph qb and some other youngsters. We will get it going I am hoping. We need to mix it up on offense.

I forgot my password and fell asleep and got a cold and missed my bus. Way to go Central. Good win. Perry needs a lot of work having already seen their ot win over Akron East. I am waiting for some continuity, consistency and TEAM tackling. It is early. It comes and goes when you have a new coach a Soph qb and some other youngsters. We will get it going I am hoping. We need to mix it up on offense.
We're glad to hear from you.

I'ma thinkin one beverage to many!...lol Nice to see you are still with the Perry faithful!

BGD's Green statistics/ history update:

After a game in which he completed 18 of 29 passes for 356 yards and 5 touchdowns, Trevor Van Horn is now Green's all-time leader in passing yards. Van Horn has thrown for 28 touchdowns and only 6 interceptions since the start of last year. Through the first two games of 2021, he is averaging over 18 yards per completion. Trey Martin also broke his own school record for receiving yards in a game last night, finishing with 245. Martin is nearly halfway toward tying Green's single season record for TD catches, which is 15. That record is currently held by.. guess who... Trey Martin! who did it last year while playing only 7 games.

With last night's victory, The Dawgs scored over 40 points in consecutive games for the first time since weeks 8-9 of the 2011 season. It's also worth noting that the 91 points the Bulldogs have put up in the previous two games are the most points Green has scored in a two-game span since weeks 5-6 of the 2006 season, in which they combined for 117. However, the combined margin of victory from Green's two games so far (71 points) actually surpasses that of weeks 5-6 in 2006 (68). Even more impressive is the fact that 82 of Green's 91 points this season have come in the first half.

Status
Not open for further replies.