Votes: 24 15.3%
  • Lake Blue Streaks

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Perry Panthers

Votes: 37 23.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Louisville's wrestling program has been at the top of D2 in ohio for the past few years.
At the top? I know they placed high in 2019 (3rd or 4th) I think, but I don't recall too much success prior to that.
Lawnmower did say the past few years.
The Leopards won the D2 Dual Meet Championship in 2020 and were 2nd in the Individual State Meet in 2021.

Prior to 2018 Louisville competed in D1 in 2016 and 2017 finishing 69th and 36th. Just like in most sports D1 is a completely different animal than D2 and below especially in regards to depth.

Lawnmower did say the past few years.
The Leopards won the D2 Dual Meet Championship in 2020 and were 2nd in the Individual State Meet in 2021.

Prior to 2018 Louisville competed in D1 in 2016 and 2017 finishing 69th and 36th. Just like in most sports D1 is a completely different animal than D2 and below especially in regards to depth.
They would’ve been near or at the top in D1 those 2 years as well. They knocked off St. Paris Graham. Arguably one of the greatest dynasty in high school wrestling in the country. There are only 3 divisions in wrestling compared to 7 in football. So the difference between D1 and D2 isn’t much. Nothing like football.

Why did Wake leave if he obviously still wanted to coach? Was he nudged out the door so they could get some fresh blood in?
He did move to the Cambridge area. He was done being a head coach. Ifft offered him the D coordinator job, but I would be shocked if he stays there more than 2-3 years. I know his grandsons are getting into sports so he will be watching them.
He wanted Slates to take over for him, so he wasn’t nudged out.

Perry fans will be pleased to know this,a friend that is closer to the Dover program than I am said he went to watch practice, at the time he went Wakefield was coaching the offensive line and was very “animated”

BTW did you go to the Perry-St.V scrimmage? and if so how'd it go?
In the 10 play controlled part SVSM scored twice and Perry scored once, although Perry’s was not a run, but a 32 yard pass.
In the first and 10 part, the Panthers were plagued by 3 fumbles, one after a nice run of around 30 yards to the SVSM 40, the next on another short run and the final one after about a 40 yard run inside the SVSM 35, the Panthers turned it over on a center QB exchange. SVSM scored twice in their first and ten part. The Irish were huge up front, I mean a couple of 6-4 350 looking dudes that could move. Did the bulk of their damage in the air. While SVSM used their QB’s as part of their running attack, Perry elected not to use their fleet footed sophomore QB on any runs and had a no contact vest on.

Perry really struggled yesterday. They had numerous false starts and fumbles. St. V was big and seemed to dominate the much smaller Panthers in the trenches. Perry lost a wealth of leadership, experience and toughness from last year’s team and it showed.

Went to the Jackson Alliance scrimmage and they both looked pretty even. Jackson D looked weak against the pass.

Going to be interesting to see how they both finish I see Jackson as a middle of the pack fed team.

Also went to Glenoak Dover. looked like glenoak was missing a couple line men Knox did not transfer to McKinley.

Glenoaks defense looked horrible but there offense seem okay. definitely going to be in the bottom of the fed again.

Will start trending back up with Garcia back. I hear they have some good talent coming up in the near future

In the 10 play controlled part SVSM scored twice and Perry scored once, although Perry’s was not a run, but a 32 yard pass.
In the first and 10 part, the Panthers were plagued by 3 fumbles, one after a nice run of around 30 yards to the SVSM 40, the next on another short run and the final one after about a 40 yard run inside the SVSM 35, the Panthers turned it over on a center QB exchange. SVSM scored twice in their first and ten part. The Irish were huge up front, I mean a couple of 6-4 350 looking dudes that could move. Did the bulk of their damage in the air. While SVSM used their QB’s as part of their running attack, Perry elected not to use their fleet footed sophomore QB on any runs and had a no contact vest on.
Thanks for the update, give them time I'm sure they'll be fine, BTW I hear the frosh class is pretty talented, and I hear the QB threw a 60 yard bomb to start the frosh scrimmage? if true future sounds promising for the Perry faithful

Not sure how the Hoover @ Ashland scrimmage went, but I believe Hoover will struggle at first until some of the skill players on the offensive side get more experience at the varsity level. Baum hints at that in his interview with BigTime Sports. Hoover's first game of the season will be an uphill battle against Cleveland Heights. Cleveland Heights O-line is 300 plus they return five starters that are very athletic with good size and a running back. Hoover also has a solid o-line returning, but a lot of inexperience at the skill positions. I wish Hoover and the rest of the FED all the best for the season.

Seems like a lot of the fed teams are down this year... does green make a run in the league this year? Seems like the perfect storm. Down year in the league and the bulldogs seem like they are gonna have a strong squad.

Went to the Jackson Alliance scrimmage and they both looked pretty even. Jackson D looked weak against the pass.

Going to be interesting to see how they both finish I see Jackson as a middle of the pack fed team.

Also went to Glenoak Dover. looked like glenoak was missing a couple line men Knox did not transfer to McKinley.

Glenoaks defense looked horrible but there offense seem okay. definitely going to be in the bottom of the fed again.

Will start trending back up with Garcia back. I hear they have some good talent coming up in the near future
In regard to Garcia why do you expect an improvement with him at the helm? His last few years they were basically as bad as they were under Balderson, it seems a bit misguided to think the man that got you into a hole would be the one to get you out of it.

I don’t make scrimmages end all be all’s, especially in Perry’s case. I can remember in 18 beating Buchtel 1-0 and then going to Boardman and looking unimpressive losing by three scores in there one half of game conditions only to make the playoffs at 7-3. Then in 19 once again beating Buchtel 2-1, then struggling with Boardman playing to a tie in the game condition half, only to go 8-2 and play two games into the playoffs. The Panthers have a history of getting better as the weeks go on. Lets see how things play out.

In regard to Garcia why do you expect an improvement with him at the helm? His last few years they were basically as bad as they were under Balderson, it seems a bit misguided to think the man that got you into a hole would be the one to get you out of it.
He is bringing back culture and holding kids account. Something that hasnt happened the past couple years. Bladerson was a mistake of a hire.
Also prior to him leaving in 2016 he almost won the fed outright prior to blowing a 24-3 lead against perry. With the previous 2 years sharing a piece of the FED. He had 2 losing seasons before he stepped away but will still winning some games far from going 0-10 every year like Balderson. Also a lot of new faces on the staff mixed with some familiar ones. Im also hearing there is a good bit of talent coming up in the near future for them. Will be exciting to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.