Greater Cleveland Conference (2023)

Who wins the Greater Cleveland Conference?

• Brunswick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cleveland Heights

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • Euclid

• Medina

Votes: 18 27.7%
  • Mentor

Votes: 25 38.5%
  • Shaker Heights

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Solon

• Strongsville

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
Medina is a really dangerous offensive team. Incredibly aggressive coaching and play. Mentor’s upset win was very important for their own season morale. But in the growing scope of the recent Mentor/Medina rivalry, the Cards are now 4-2 against the Bees since Allar’s junior season. These four seasons (2020-2023) are the peak of Medina football historically and quite likely the peak four year of football they will experience for a long, long time.

I wouldn’t be surprised if these two meet in November. And as a Mentor fan, I would be pretty nervous about a rematch.

Mentor improves to 43-9 in GCC play since the league was formed in 2015. The nine league losses were to Solon (4), Medina (2), Euclid (1), Brunswick (1), and Elyria (1).

Euclid announced that their home game this week is being moved to Brunswick. Unfortunately, they don’t have enough trust in a safe environment to host a game. Two weeks ago we saw that Shaker and Maple had to have a “no fans” game. That is probably more of a reflection on Maple than Shaker, but still.

I predict that sooner than later we will see Heights, Shaker, and Euclid have 4:30 games against each other like the Senate. Or maybe games with limited to no fans. Sad.

The diversity of school communities in this league is unlike any I can think of in NEO. It could be used as a strength or a way to divide.

Euclid announced that their home game this week is being moved to Brunswick. Unfortunately, they don’t have enough trust in a safe environment to host a game. Two weeks ago we saw that Shaker and Maple had to have a “no fans” game. That is probably more of a reflection on Maple than Shaker, but still.

I predict that sooner than later we will see Heights, Shaker, and Euclid have 4:30 games against each other like the Senate. Or maybe games with limited to no fans. Sad.

The diversity of school communities in this league is unlike any I can think of in NEO. It could be used as a strength or a way to divide.
I'm not going to speak to the situations at Euclid or Shaker, but I've been to every Heights home game for at least the last 5 years and have never felt unsafe or threatened after a football game. No fights. No riots. Recently, Mentor played at Heights and I believe you were there. Did anything bad happen following the game?

Are you implying that students at "white" schools don't get into trouble?

You're comment is blatantly racist and I'm not at all surprised that MentorGrad2002 liked it. A little while back, someone commented that Mentor is considered the bullies of NEO football and you didn't like that. You questioned the initial poster for saying that. Well, making racist statements, going out of your way to put other schools down (and the funny thing is that most of your negative comments are directed toward Heights and Shaker), and always having excuses for your failures ... hmmm, sounds like bully behavior to me

I'm not going to speak to the situations at Euclid or Shaker, but I've been to every Heights home game for at least the last 5 years and have never felt unsafe or threatened after a football game. No fights. No riots. Recently, Mentor played at Heights and I believe you were there. Did anything bad happen following the game?

You're comment is blatantly racist and I'm not at all surprised that MentorGrad2002 liked it. A little while back, someone commented that Mentor is considered the bullies of NEO football and you didn't like that. You questioned the initial poster for saying that. Well, making racist statements, going out of your way to put other schools down (and the funny thing is that most of your negative comments are directed toward Heights and Shaker), and always having excuses for your failures ... hmmm, sounds like bully behavior to me
Nothing he said was racist. I liked it because he was saying how sad these situations are and I agree. Euclid used to be a nice city and I worked there for years. I saw it decay over time to it's current sad state of affairs.

And for your information, half my family are Hispanic. I'm mixed. So don't make assumptions jack a**. Take your victimhood bs elsewhere with your racism accusations.

We both liked going to Shaker and Heights bball games over the years. Them improving football is all the better. We liked the adds a lot. Mentor plays good teams all the time. We like to be challenged. I think you overrate both heights teams but you can have your opinion

Sounds like you are still bitter that we weren't impressed by heights after they squeaked out a OT win on a two point conversion at home without us having our QB. You have to get over it and move on. I stand by my assessment that heights is average at best and loses to Medina or Mentor at full strength

Last edited:
Recently, Mentor played at Heights and I believe you were there. Did anything bad happen following the game?

You're comment is blatantly racist
No, I had no issues of safety when I was at the Cleveland Heights game. They do have a policy prohibiting visiting fans from going into the home side. That implies to me that they have to take certain precautions that I don’t typically see at most schools.

I didn’t bring up race. You did. I am making some predictions based on the actions of the schools.

Don't feed trolls. Just put on ignore. It's very easy.

Mr Football Marquis Davis helped the Tigers hold off the Medina Bees with 6 Touchdowns and 361 yards. Now they sit alone at the top of the GCC with 7 wins, with two games left against Euclid at home and Shaker away and which they should have no problem with. An amazing feat for the Tigers their first year in the GCC and they can win the conference championship.
1696650670417.png

Mr Football Marquis Davis helped the Tigers hold off the Medina Bees with 6 Touchdowns and 361 yards. Now they sit alone at the top of the GCC with 7 wins, with two games left against Euclid at home and Shaker away and which they should have no problem with. An amazing feat for the Tigers their first year in the GCC and they can win the conference championship.View attachment 47699
Medina played a great game this evening and deserves kudos.

All season long, I've taken issue with some people putting the Heights team down before they even take the field. People have said they weren't impressed with Heights and that Heights had no chance in the GCC. Let's not do the same thing. Euclid and Shaker are both going to show up and they will be fighting to win. So far Heights is doing what they need to. I'm happy about that and hope it continues.

The Heights/Medina game sounded like a once in a season kind of game. Stoddard and Davis piled up ridiculous numbers. Too many turnovers for Medina. As good as their offense is, you can’t overcome giving the Tigers six extra possessions.

“Do it Allllll” Davis had another huge game. He certainly deserves mentioning for Mr Football. Kudos to Heights on winning the league in their first year.

Medina at 7-3 this season has to be considered a big disappointment considering the offensive talent they brought back from last year.

Medina played a great game this evening and deserves kudos.

All season long, I've taken issue with some people putting the Heights team down before they even take the field. People have said they weren't impressed with Heights and that Heights had no chance in the GCC. Let's not do the same thing. Euclid and Shaker are both going to show up and they will be fighting to win. So far Heights is doing what they need to. I'm happy about that and hope it continues.
How much defense is Davis playing per game?

He was the field quite a bit at DB from what I could tell last night. GCP441 could fill us in more. Definitely more than half the defensive snaps.
He plays almost every snap on defense. He was stritcly a safety last season. Coaches moved him to LB this year, but they've had to put him back into the secondary because of injuries.

In the last couple of games, they've also had him running back kickoffs and punts, due to Henry Perryman being injured.

Last edited:
I noticed that too. Heights alum who has made it to two home games this year. My bad, he was has been lined up at the 2nd level. I hopefully will be at the Heights/Shaker game in less than 2 weeks. Should be a really fun match-up. I got 3 cousins who went to Heights and 3 who went to Shaker, and one of their sons is a SR at Shaker.

I noticed that too. Heights alum who has made it to two home games this year. My bad, he was has been lined up at the 2nd level. I hopefully will be at the Heights/Shaker game in less than 2 weeks. Should be a really fun match-up. I got 3 cousins who went to Heights and 3 who went to Shaker, and one of their sons is a SR at Shaker.
Yes, the Shaker game should be fun. The Heights-Shaker rivalry goes way way back. Enjoy the game. Hope to see you at more games next season.

There is a non-zero chance that the GCC could end in a three-way tie. Here's what would need to happen (presuming Cleveland Heights beats Euclid Week 9):

Shaker Heights beats Medina and Cleveland Heights. Mentor wins its remaining games against Strongsville and Euclid. Gotta say that I'm very impressed with the Red Raiders' turnaround. They have more wins this season than three of my four years of attending HS there combined!

To add things further, they have the same amount of wins this season as they did in the past THREE years combined. I've got to make it to a Shaker game before the season concludes. Got to see them in a 7 on 7 earlier this year and their talent showed then.