Greater Cleveland Conference (2023)

Who wins the Greater Cleveland Conference?

• Brunswick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cleveland Heights

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • Euclid

• Medina

Votes: 18 27.7%
  • Mentor

Votes: 25 38.5%
  • Shaker Heights

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Solon

• Strongsville

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
There is a non-zero chance that the GCC could end in a three-way tie. Here's what would need to happen (presuming Cleveland Heights beats Euclid Week 9):

Shaker Heights beats Medina and Cleveland Heights. Mentor wins its remaining games against Strongsville and Euclid. Gotta say that I'm very impressed with the Red Raiders' turnaround. They have more wins this season than three of my four years of attending HS there combined!

To add things further, they have the same amount of wins this season as they did in the past THREE years combined. I've got to make it to a Shaker game before the season concludes. Got to see them in a 7 on 7 earlier this year a
Shaker has done very well this season and deserves all the successes they've achieved!

1696953509132.png

I just hope Heights can keep up with their momentum going to enter their last two Games of the season.
They cannot play down to Euclid’s level, even thou the Panthers are 1-7 If coach is smart he would play all starters unless there are some injuries still to be healed from the previous game against Medina.

Shaker would be a very different challenge, doesn’t matter what record each team has Shaker will be playing Heights with their A game. Heights and Shaker will always be bitter rivals with little more then a mile that separate the two schools

I just hope Heights can keep up with their momentum going to enter their last two Games of the season.
They cannot play down to Euclid’s level, even thou the Panthers are 1-7 If coach is smart he would play all starters unless there are some injuries still to be healed from the previous game against Medina.

Shaker would be a very different challenge, doesn’t matter what record each team has Shaker will be playing Heights with their A game. Heights and Shaker will always be bitter rivals with little more then a mile that separate the two schools
Can't take anything for granted.

Maybe not the players. But I am going to take a Heights win over Euclid for granted. These programs are incredibly far apart. This will
be a 40+ point victory.
I agree that on paper, the last two games look like Heights wins. Just saying that Heights almost dropped the ball against Brunswick so you never no for sure. In my opinion, Mentor, Medina, and Heights probably end the season with wins, but really trying not to sound cocky.

Euclid announced that their home game this week is being moved to Brunswick. Unfortunately, they don’t have enough trust in a safe environment to host a game. Two weeks ago we saw that Shaker and Maple had to have a “no fans” game. That is probably more of a reflection on Maple than Shaker, but still.

I predict that sooner than later we will see Heights, Shaker, and Euclid have 4:30 games against each other like the Senate. Or maybe games with limited to no fans. Sad.

The diversity of school communities in this league is unlike any I can think of in NEO. It could be used as a strength or a way to divide.
I was called racist for this statement. Yet here we are, two weeks later and Cleveland Heights announces their game with Euclid this week will be closed to the public.

The GCC has a problem.

I was called racist for this statement. Yet here we are, two weeks later and Cleveland Heights announces their game with Euclid this week will be closed to the public.

The GCC has a problem.
They should apologize to you for stating facts and saying it's sad. But the heights guy won't do it

So are a few of your fans going to apologize for calling cardz racist when he was just telling it like it is? He called that this would happen two weeks ago ..

You and mhk both called him that. Apologies are in order

The GCC has a problem.
I called you racist because you were quick to group Euclid, Shaker, and Heights together as dangerous places to watch a football game. You did this, even though you admitted that you've never had a problem at a Heights football game.

One thing that you pointed out as proof, was that Heights seperates home fans and visitor fans. Funny thing is that we played at Solon the very next week and they did the same thing.

I totally agree that Euclid poses some serious safety concerns, regardless if they're playing home or away. That's been going on now for several years. I'm very happy that we didn't play the game at Euclid and I'll never criticize a school for taking precautionary actions when necessart. You can twist it around any way you like, but this should not reflect on the Heights community. Playing Euclid can be hazardess. Are you criticizing Solon or Brunswick for the stands that they took?

In my humble opinion, I agree that the GCC has a problem. Unfortunately right now, it's Euclid. That and the fact that in your mind, it's okay to group the "black" schools together as risks, even if the circumstances show otherwise.

Last edited:
So are a few of your fans going to apologize for calling cardz racist when he was just telling it like it is? He called that this would happen two weeks ago ..

You and mhk both called him that. Apologies are in order
Okay .... I get it and am willing to take responsibility for my words.
I am very sorry ... and this is heartfelt .... I am very sorry that you're a poorly-informed, racist big mouth

It's a waste of time talking tou you, because you're very close-minded. For anyone who does care about the truth, you can read my response to Cardzfan's post.

Mentor Freshman and JV were scheduled to play in Euclid on Thursday night, with varsity playing on Friday in Mentor. Its sounding like the Thursday night games have been rescheduled to Saturday morning, in Euclid. Friday still seems to be on as scheduled as of this afternoon.

Mentor Freshman and JV were scheduled to play in Euclid on Thursday night, with varsity playing on Friday in Mentor. Its sounding like the Thursday night games have been rescheduled to Saturday morning, in Euclid. Friday still seems to be on as scheduled as of this afternoon.
Safety should be the number one concern and changes that have to be made, obviously have no reflection on Mentor.

Safety should be the number one concern and changes that have to be made, obviously have no reflection on Mentor.
The really unfortunate thing is that these concerns, most likely, don't have anything to do with the players on the field from Euclid either. It's sounding like it's opportunistic trouble makers in the community. The kids who have worked hard are losing out.

The really unfortunate thing is that these concerns, most likely, don't have anything to do with the players on the field from Euclid either. It's sounding like it's opportunistic trouble makers in the community. The kids who have worked hard are losing out.
I totally agree with you.
It doesn't seem like anyone is hesitant to play against Euclid.
The fear comes into play because of the opportunistic trouble makers that ruin it for everyone.

I am very sorry ... and this is heartfelt .... I am very sorry that you're a poorly-informed, racist big mouth

It's a waste of time talking tou you, because you're very close-minded. For anyone who does care about the truth, you can read my response to Cardzfan's post.
You seem like a cranky old man and one of those woke idiots that feels the need to label people as racist to be self righteous and act holier than thou. One of those people that doesn't hesitate to throw out the racist card whenever people don't agree with your viewpoints.

Used to be a high threshold to throw that term around. Not so much anymore. But the people who do so freely are weak minded folks. You fit the profile

He pointed out issues correctly that some of these schools are going through and said it was sad. If you knew him, you would know he doesn't have a racist bone in his body. You are talking about someone you don't know and labeling him with your bs.

Last edited:

I knew this was going to be a problem topic for the GCC threads when Shaker and Heights were added, especially for the entitled MentorGrad fan that feels privileged to speak the black American experience from his blinding white big mouth. Do yourself a favor and block him.

I knew this was going to be a problem topic for the GCC threads when Shaker and Heights were added, especially for the entitled MentorGrad fan that feels privileged to speak the black American experience from his blinding white big mouth. Do yourself a favor and block him.
Show me where I spoke for black people at all...??

Btw I'm Hispanic too. Not a blowhard white liberal like you that feels you need to save every minority group with your white savior complex

Also I was thrilled with both heights coming in. If anyone was screaming racism, it was shaker folks towards the GCC but then poof magically they are back...

Probably because they saw the LEL decaying further . I'm sure you wouldn't say them leaving was a racial thing though ....

Because talking about the issues can't be done by people who are white or part white.. right...

Thank you. I'm not sure how to block people on Yappi, but I went to his profile and hit ignore. Hopefully it's the same thing.

I'm totally cool with people supporting their teams, but when it crosses a line, someone needs to speak up. Thank you, Black and Gold.

Thank you. I'm not sure how to block people on Yappi, but I went to his profile and hit ignore. Hopefully it's the same thing.

I'm totally cool with people supporting their teams, but when it crosses a line, someone needs to speak up. Thank you, Black and Gold.
You both should be best friends. Both woke liberals who make crap up to feel self righteous. It's the white savior complex people who truly hold minorities down while calling others racist so freely btw

Nobody said anything racist or tried to speak for black people. The Marxist riverside fan just makes stuff up

Last edited:

LOL it's ironic..I had to put a couple of the Mentor fans on ignore about 3 or 4 weeks ago, probably after the Mentor vs Heights game and it seems I made an excellent decision. Moving on!

Along with Oil Filter. Makes my experience on this site so much better. Just block out the noise. I come here for football discussion and a couple (not all) of the Mentor fans have a tendency to get off topic quite a bit.

Very excited for this Heights vs Shaker game on Aldersyde this Friday! The #1 and #4 junior in Ohio in the 247 composite rankings (Trey McNutt and Marquise Davis) will be on the field. As an OSU fan I would love to see both players in S&G in a couple years. Both phenomenal talents.

Last edited:
LOL it's ironic..I had to put a couple of the Mentor fans on ignore about 3 or 4 weeks ago, probably after the Mentor vs Heights game and it seems I made an excellent decision. Moving on!

Along with Oil Filter. Makes my experience on this site so much better. Just block out the noise. I come here for football discussion and the Mentor fans get off topic quite a bit.
Another one creating a false narrative. Cardz made a correct observation about how some of these schools are having issues. Your idiot heights fans including yourself are the ones who started stuff with the bs racist remarks. Thank God GCP and others are on here who are smart fans and not dumb like you two

Strongsville and Brunswick, what are the reasons for the downfall and bad teams ? Two big D1 schools with nice communities , facilities etc but they are very bad right now.

Is it still finding the right coach ? Are numbers down ? Just curious if things can be fixed soon. Both being more competitive would be great for the GCC

You both should be best friends. Both woke liberals who make crap up to feel self righteous. It's the white savior complex people who truly hold minorities down while calling others racist so freely btw

Nobody said anything racist or tried to speak for black people. The Marxist riverside fan just makes stuff up
No politics and be nice.

Strongsville and Brunswick, what are the reasons for the downfall and bad teams ? Two big D1 schools with nice communities , facilities etc but they are very bad right now.

Is it still finding the right coach ? Are numbers down ? Just curious if things can be fixed soon. Both being more competitive would be great for the GCC
All I can say as now a 12 year resident of strongsville is that this city is dealing with a lot of issues systemically in both the school system and city hall. There is increasingly a clique mentality in both of those arenas, and, based on things I hear from other residents, it seems to be taking its toll on many aspects of the city. A very vindictive top of the heap makes it tough for everyone else, and being systemic isn't helping this place

All I can say as now a 12 year resident of strongsville is that this city is dealing with a lot of issues systemically in both the school system and city hall. There is increasingly a clique mentality in both of those arenas, and, based on things I hear from other residents, it seems to be taking its toll on many aspects of the city. A very vindictive top of the heap makes it tough for everyone else, and being systemic isn't helping this place
Sad to hear. Hope it turns around somehow.

Brunswick is even bigger and very similar numbers to Mentor. And they are way worse. Don't get it from them either. Very nice city and community right by me and to me they should succeed like Medina now. It's like they flipped positions

Along with Oil Filter. Makes my experience on this site so much better. Just block out the noise. I come here for football discussion and a couple (not all) of the Mentor fans have a tendency to get off topic quite a bit.

Very excited for this Heights vs Shaker game on Aldersyde this Friday! The #1 and #4 junior in Ohio in the 247 composite rankings (Trey McNutt and Marquise Davis) will be on the field. As an OSU fan I would love to see both players in S&G in a couple years. Both phenomenal talents.
Two things .... first off, I'm also looking forward to the matchup, but Maquise is trying to play through an injury, so we'll see what happens. Friday night, he was limited to 77 yards which included a 35-yard touchdown run.

Second, I really do appreciate you telling me that blocking is available, but almost feel a little guilty because blocking him will make me feel better, but doesn't do anything to stop him from spewing his @#$&*^@$.