Greater Cleveland Conference (2023)

Who wins the Greater Cleveland Conference?

• Brunswick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cleveland Heights

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • Euclid

• Medina

Votes: 18 27.7%
  • Mentor

Votes: 25 38.5%
  • Shaker Heights

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Solon

• Strongsville

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
Two things .... first off, I'm also looking forward to the matchup, but Maquise is trying to play through an injury, so we'll see what happens. Friday night, he was limited to 77 yards which included a 35-yard touchdown run.

Second, I really do appreciate you telling me that blocking is available, but almost feel a little guilty because blocking him will make me feel better, but doesn't do anything to stop him from spewing his @#$&*^@$.
You made stuff up calling people racist because they don't agree with your viewpoint. Thats on you. You are full of crap. Move on and go cry somewhere else with your little threat of blocking on a message board

Nobody cares

Two things .... first off, I'm also looking forward to the matchup, but Maquise is trying to play through an injury, so we'll see what happens. Friday night, he was limited to 77 yards which included a 35-yard touchdown run.

Second, I really do appreciate you telling me that blocking is available, but almost feel a little guilty because blocking him will make me feel better, but doesn't do anything to stop him from spewing his @#$&*^@$.
I have about 40 people on here placed on “ignore” It makes for a much better experience.

So...about Week 10's action.

The biggest game on the docket by far is Cleveland Heights/Shaker Heights. Can the Red Raiders close out their season with a victory and lock up a home playoff game (they sit 7th in Region 5), and get their first victory against the Tigers since 2008, or can Cleveland Heights wrap up the GCC outright?

For anyone that was at the Shaker Heights/Medina game on Friday, what happened to the Raider defense in the second half? I know that Danny Stoddard had a heck of a game (he's had several like that this year), but the Raiders were actually leading 26-14 at one point before Medina turned on the jets big time.

So...about Week 10's action.

The biggest game on the docket by far is Cleveland Heights/Shaker Heights. Can the Red Raiders close out their season with a victory and lock up a home playoff game (they sit 7th in Region 5), and get their first victory against the Tigers since 2008, or can Cleveland Heights wrap up the GCC outright?

For anyone that was at the Shaker Heights/Medina game on Friday, what happened to the Raider defense in the second half? I know that Danny Stoddard had a heck of a game (he's had several like that this year), but the Raiders were actually leading 26-14 at one point before Medina turned on the jets big time.
Should be a good game. Good luck.

Happy to have you guys back despite your 2 rival heights guys trying to paint it differently

Last edited:
The Heights/Shaker game is big. I have to believe this is the most combined regular season wins the two have had. If so, this is clearly the biggest rivalry game in the history of the programs. If Shaker can contain Davis a bit, they can win this game. If he runs wild, the Tigers win easily.

Matt Goul : In the preseason, I heard plenty of doubters about Cleveland Heights and Shaker Heights in their first year in the GCC. Here, they are in Week 10: a combined 15-3 overall and 10-2 in the GCC.

I would have never thought that Shaker would have just two losses in the GCC or even more that Heights would do extremely well in the GCC.

The Heights at Shaker game will be a all out battle,it always is no matter what’s at stake. It’s the battle of Lee Rd even if neither schools address is on Lee Rd. Heights better not take this game for granted.

Matt Goul : In the preseason, I heard plenty of doubters about Cleveland Heights and Shaker Heights in their first year in the GCC. Here, they are in Week 10: a combined 15-3 overall and 10-2 in the GCC.

I would have never thought that Shaker would have just two losses in the GCC or even more that Heights would do extremely well in the GCC.

The Heights at Shaker game will be an all out battle,it always is no matter what’s at stake. It’s the battle of Lee Rd even if neither schools address is on Lee Rd. Heights better not take this game for granted.
Agreed 100%

Shaker going undefeated against Solon, Strongsville, Brunswick, and Euclid is both a huge component to where the program is as well as being a bad indication of where those other four are.

I thought this was Medina’s conference to lose. Heights proved many wrong.

I was called racist for this statement. Yet here we are, two weeks later and Cleveland Heights announces their game with Euclid this week will be closed to the public.

The GCC has a problem.
Agreed. Some schools have problems at games, Mentor has a problem at the school with so many fights amongst the student body.

Agreed. Some schools have problems at games, Mentor has a problem at the school with so many fights amongst the student body.
Random drive by troll job here. That's not true at all.

If you think Mentor has more fights than Euclid, you are very dense to say the least

Last edited:
Agreed 100%

Shaker going undefeated against Solon, Strongsville, Brunswick, and Euclid is both a huge component to where the program is as well as being a bad indication of where those other four are.

I thought this was Medina’s conference to lose. Heights proved many wrong.
I agree on both points mostly. I thought Medina would win start of the year too.

But it's revisionist history by Goul and others acting like nobody gave Heights a chance. I think most had them grouped with Medina and Mentor as the top 3 teams who would contend for the conference title

Random drive by troll job here. That's not true at all.

If you think Mentor has more fights than Euclid, you are very dense to say the least
Not at all. My relative is a retired cop and he’s a security guard at the high school. Because you don’t know, doesn’t make the info I have a troll material? How many fights at Euclid have made the 6p news this year and how many at Mentor have?

Not at all. My relative is a retired cop and he’s a security guard at the high school. Because you don’t know, doesn’t make the info I have a troll material? How many fights at Euclid have made the 6p news this year and how many at Mentor have?
I went to the school and know kids at the school every year because of community involvement (despite not living there)

You are full of crap here. I saw 2 or 3 fights my entire 3 years at the school. You can get that each week at Euclid ..

A fight is more rare at Mentor if they want to cover it. At a school like Euclid, it's a Tuesday

Every school has fights at times. Kids are kids. Bound to have some bad ones too especially with a big population. Can't pick and choose kids like private schools. But it's laughable to say Mentor has a fight problem compared to Euclid.

I went to the school and know kids at the school every year because of community involvement (despite not living there)

You are full of crap here. I saw 2 or 3 fights my entire 3 years at the school. You can get that each week at Euclid ..

A fight is more rare at Mentor if they want to cover it. At a school like Euclid, it's a Tuesday

Every school has fights at times. Kids are kids. Bound to have some bad ones too especially with a big population. Can't pick and choose kids like private schools. But it's laughable to say Mentor has a fight problem compared to Euclid.
Agreed

Where’s your data? The fact that you went to school there? I live in Lake Co. and like I said one of the retired cops that works security is a relative. All good though.

Where’s your data? The fact that you went to school there? I live in Lake Co. and like I said one of the retired cops that works security is a relative. All good though.
Where is your data? You are posting second hand information about Mentor which you say is from a relative observing them. Anyone on a message board can lie about that too..

Who cares if you live in the county? I live in Medina county and can't claim to know about how every school works. I have much more knowledge of Mentor where I went and have connections

I actually went there. And I know kids and teachers and administration at the school. That's more than one security guard (if even true ) who would have no first hand knowledge of any school but Mentor to compare the two by the way .

Again, to say Mentor has more of a problem with fighting than a school like Euclid is very stupid

Last edited:

Really excited for this match up. Heights vs Shaker is an awesome rivalry. SHHS was also featured on Today Show this morning. Battle of Lee Rd.

I come from a "split family " I got an an Heights alum, got an uncle and aunt who still live in CH, and I got an uncle and aunt in Shaker and my cousin out his kids through Shaker schools and his son is a senior on the team. That's being said I am a Tiger at heart lol.

Also posting this. If you like to watch premier D1 talent, and possibly future NFL players, 2 of the top 4 2025s in Ohio will be on the field tonight. Trey McNutt is #2 junior in Ohio (was #1 until St. Clair got a rankings bump) and #4 Marquise Davis. Both will also be in attendance for Ohio State vs PSU tomorrow and are huge priorities for the Buckeyes in recruiting if there are any OSU fans on here.

Supposedly now Ohio State prefers Davis over VASJ's Bo Jackson as a 2025 RB.

Should be a good game. Heights is for sure GCC champ and in a good spot for the playoffs. Shaker might want to get a higher seed and want it more.

Seconded. Won't be able to attend the game tonight (tested positive for Covid Wednesday). But will definitely be following the action tonight!

1697856032916.png

Congratulation, Heights Football goes undefeated in their inaugural season as part of the GCC. Not bad at all for a bunch of overrated players that many didn’t think was good enough. This team came out every week and proved them all wrong.

Congratulation, Heights Football goes undefeated in their inaugural season as part of the GCC. Not bad at all for a bunch of overrated players that many didn’t think was good enough. This team came out every week and proved them all wrong.
Cleveland Heights did not come into the season as THE favorite to win the GCC. I agree. But I don’t think anybody had it as gloom and doom as you suggest. Cleveland.com has the Tigers as the #6 team in the area pre-season. The early posts on this thread in July (including mine) suggested that there is a clear top three in no particular order.

I give credit to Heights for going through the GCC undefeated. I didn’t predict that. I expected a couple of closed losses to Medina and Mentor. But to say they came into the season as some kind of an underrated nobody is a huge stretch.

The potential rematch with Medina and Heights would be a good one.

Congratulations to a strong Medina team on your win over Heights in the play-offs. Here's wishing you guys good luck in your game against Ed's. Leave it all on the field and make the GCC proud!

Strongsville has decided to move on from head coach Lou Cirino. Cirino came from West G in 2017 to coach the Mustangs. Strongsville has had 4 consecutive losing seasons.
1701727375925.png

What is the more desirable job - Strongsville or Brunswick?
Brunswick has the 4th largest enrollment number in NE Ohio after McKinley, Mentor and Lorain. Both teams had very good records for most of the 21st century. Brunswick played in Region 2 for many of the last 20 years. i would give the edge to the Brunswick position due to the enrollment numbers.