The Walking Dead is Back!

lotr10

Can't wait to see what horrible things await Rick and his gang of merry zombie killers. No more screwing around with LA and drug addicts because we're heading back to Gods country to see what the zombie apocalypse has in store for us.

Great first episode... can't wait to see who's doing the 'thing at the end of the episode' (trying not to do spoilers? Lol) ... great start to what looks to be an epic season :cool:

Great kickoff to the new season. It's nice seeing humans being competent and not just afraid of zombies that go bump in the dark. I think last nights episode has set us up for a fun and exciting season.

I also liked the dual story lines that jumped between the present and the past. It was like getting two different episodes in one night.

Loved last nights episode. Really liked the black and white past vs color present. Only problem I notice after extended premiers is the rest of the seasons episodes always seem super short to me. Oh well. Lookin forward to see where they go. Obviously Im sure one of Ricks group will die at some point. not sure who my favorite character is that I would never want to die, but if I had to pick one to die, i could probably move on without Carol.

Loved the B&W vs color thing with the alternating storylines/timelines... and yeah the Wolves are the top guess but usually whatever seems likely to be the answer, it's someone else lol

Loved last night's episode. The black and white flashbacks were a nice touch.

As for the semi horn at the end, popular guess is it's the wolves, but you never know. I personally think Enid has something to do with it as there is something off about her. I'm thinking she might have something to do with the wolves.

I'm hoping it's either the Wolves or father Gabriel as I dislike both and would enjoy a season where they got wasted. My concern is that the teenage boy (Ron) did it out of spite. That would set up a nasty fight between his mother (the lady Rick fancies) and Rick since if the kid did it he would have to face exile or execution.

I'm hoping it's either the Wolves or father Gabriel as I dislike both and would enjoy a season where they got wasted. My concern is that the teenage boy (Ron) did it out of spite. That would set up a nasty fight between his mother (the lady Rick fancies) and Rick since if the kid did it he would have to face exile or execution.

The episode tried really hard to suggest it was Ron and The Talking Dead even had Ron as a choice on their poll question which was, who was sounding the horn at Alexandria. I don't think it was him. He's mad at Rick, but not crazy to where he would endanger the whole community. The wolves have access to trucks at the cannery where they were trapping walkers, I'm really thinking it's them. Or, it is an alert from someone inside the camp to signal an attack. It looked like some people were hiding inside houses as if they were running/hiding from someone.

Also, the trailer we have seen since July was showing Darryl being held by what I thought was the wolves, this could be where they capture him as it is early in the season in which it happens.

Loved last night's episode. The black and white flashbacks were a nice touch.

As for the semi horn at the end, popular guess is it's the wolves, but you never know. I personally think Enid has something to do with it as there is something off about her. I'm thinking she might have something to do with the wolves.

I don't think she's in the Wolves now but she's most def had some run-in with them at some point by the preview footage for next week and the way she acts. I do think she's a sacrificial lamb character though. Just about the time Carl falls fully in love, she'll get axed.

The episode tried really hard to suggest it was Ron and The Talking Dead even had Ron as a choice on their poll question which was, who was sounding the horn at Alexandria. I don't think it was him. He's mad at Rick, but not crazy to where he would endanger the whole community. The wolves have access to trucks at the cannery where they were trapping walkers, I'm really thinking it's them. Or, it is an alert from someone inside the camp to signal an attack. It looked like some people were hiding inside houses as if they were running/hiding from someone.

Also, the trailer we have seen since July was showing Darryl being held by what I thought was the wolves, this could be where they capture him as it is early in the season in which it happens.

Carl's interaction with Carol made it seem like it was the zombies, but then the blonde and her son hiding in the closet kinda made it seem like it was other people as zombies can't open doors. I have so many moments where I hate Carl. I have times where I want to like him, but then he does something to change my mind. Watching the preview makes me hope he is able to fend off whatever the threat is, but then he'll probably do something to screw it up.

Im not into comics at all, but has anyone read them? How closely does the show follow them?

I read them. Early on the series, they didn't follow them as closely as they do now. Some of the timing of events happen at different times in the comic vs the series. There are other variations like what happens to certain characters. A few examples: In the series, the governor cut Herschel's head off, in the comic, it was Tyreese. In the series, it was Bob who had his leg cut off and eaten by the hunters, in the comic, it was Dale. In the series, Herchel was bit and lost a leg, in the comic it was Dale. Lori dies during her c section in the series, she was killed by one of the governors people in the comic, simultaneously killing Judith.

Some events happen identically, such as the confrontation with the claim gang Darryl joined (only exception is that Abraham was with Rick in the comic). They tried to rape Carl and Rick bit the neck of one of them and mutilated another with his knife. Other events happen very similar with a couple change ups. The final scene of season 5, it was Pete who killed but in the comic is was Reg who was Douglas Monroe's wife, in the series it was Deanna's husband who was killed. In both instances, the surviving spouse told Rick, to do it, meaning kill Pete. Very similar, but they often change a name or reverse a role.

Some characters were never in the comic like Darryl, Bob and Sasha. In the comic, Carol has long been gone, she's still alive in the series but Andrea is long gone in the series but still alive in the comic.

It is my expectation that they will follow the comics more closely from here on out as they have trended in that direction the last couple of seasons.

Carl's interaction with Carol made it seem like it was the zombies, but then the blonde and her son hiding in the closet kinda made it seem like it was other people as zombies can't open doors. I have so many moments where I hate Carl. I have times where I want to like him, but then he does something to change my mind. Watching the preview makes me hope he is able to fend off whatever the threat is, but then he'll probably do something to screw it up.

I think the walls have been breached and walkers are getting in. My bet is the sound of the horn is the result of a crash and it was stuck, drawing walkers from all over to the area. If the wolves caused the crash with a load of walkers in the back, Alexandria has a big problem with most of the community on the walker parade miles away. This is just speculation on my part as there are no wolves in the comic. I expect the wolves to be dealt with very soon, in the next 3-4 episodes.

I read them. Early on the series, they didn't follow them as closely as they do now. Some of the timing of events happen at different times in the comic vs the series. There are other variations like what happens to certain characters. A few examples: In the series, the governor cut Herschel's head off, in the comic, it was Tyreese. In the series, it was Bob who had his leg cut off and eaten by the hunters, in the comic, it was Dale. In the series, Herchel was bit and lost a leg, in the comic it was Dale. Lori dies during her c section in the series, she was killed by one of the governors people in the comic, simultaneously killing Judith.

Some events happen identically, such as the confrontation with the claim gang Darryl joined (only exception is that Abraham was with Rick in the comic). They tried to rape Carl and Rick bit the neck of one of them and mutilated another with his knife. Other events happen very similar with a couple change ups. The final scene of season 5, it was Pete who killed but in the comic is was Reg who was Douglas Monroe's wife, in the series it was Deanna's husband who was killed. In both instances, the surviving spouse told Rick, to do it, meaning kill Pete. Very similar, but they often change a name or reverse a role.

Some characters were never in the comic like Darryl, Bob and Sasha. In the comic, Carol has long been gone, she's still alive in the series but Andrea is long gone in the series but still alive in the comic.

It is my expectation that they will follow the comics more closely from here on out as they have trended in that direction the last couple of seasons.

Thanks for the info. Darryl is probably my favorite character so hopefully he doesnt go anytime soon.

Wow, just wow!

To avoid spoilers I'll wait a while before getting into specifics other then to say:

* Poor turtle

* Carol is a bad a@@ happy homemaker

* Morgan is the most repulsive character that we've yet to see on The Walking Dead! Screw the notion of "all life is precious"!

to answer the question from Talking Dead, I'd want to be like Morgan, but understand I'd need to be more like Rick in that world.

to answer the question from Talking Dead, I'd want to be like Morgan, but understand I'd need to be more like Rick in that world.

Serious question, other then having his insane "kung fu" skills why would you want to be like "Morgan"? In the world of the Walking Dead, Rick is a far more righteous person then Morgan. In fact Morgan's practice of the philosophy that all life is precious is immoral in that world.

The Governor and the Terminus people were flat out evil but IMO Morgan is worse then they were because his evil (and to be clear his actions in last nights episode were evil) is cloaked in self righteousness. The people around him are going to take a long time to figure out that he's a cancer in their midst.

I'm wondering if the writers on the show actually intended for Morgan to be "polarizing" in that his actions would be understood or supported by a large number of viewers? For the life of me I can't believe anyone watching the show would have a shred of respect for the man after last nights episode.

I can't stand Morgan for the same reason that I can't stand Travis in Fear the Walking Dead. Rose colored glasses and naive. I dislike Morgan's character a little more because he should definitely know better than Travis. Morgan should have a huge learning curve BEHIND him.

Great episode. The walkers are just an episode or two away from overrunning the community, unless they somehow get them back on to the road, which it looks next week like it's going to be survival just getting back home. The wolves are crazy people man, I really expected Rick and the others to make it back to defend Alexandria. I never suspected it to be only Carol, Carl, Rosita and Aaron. Carol is bad, love her character evolution.

Morgan's character has to change, or he will be killed. I'd think we will get a backstory on him soon.

The other Alexandrians need Rick and company more than ever. Deanna decided to stay outside the walls and Spencer is nowhere near ready to fight. They had no idea what it was like on the other side of the walls. New characters were introduced and some never even had a line to speak. Great start to season 6, they just keep raising the bar.

Serious question, other then having his insane "kung fu" skills why would you want to be like "Morgan"? In the world of the Walking Dead, Rick is a far more righteous person then Morgan. In fact Morgan's practice of the philosophy that all life is precious is immoral in that world.

The Governor and the Terminus people were flat out evil but IMO Morgan is worse then they were because his evil (and to be clear his actions in last nights episode were evil) is cloaked in self righteousness. The people around him are going to take a long time to figure out that he's a cancer in their midst.

I'm wondering if the writers on the show actually intended for Morgan to be "polarizing" in that his actions would be understood or supported by a large number of viewers? For the life of me I can't believe anyone watching the show would have a shred of respect for the man after last nights episode.

I wouldn't agree at all that Morgan is immoral, or evil.

That doesn't mean he's going about it the necessary way, but in no way can you call him evil.

Morgan's stance reminds me of one of the best lines of The Dark Knight. "You thought we could be decent men in an indecent time. But you were wrong. The world is cruel, and the only morality in a cruel world is chance."

I wouldn't agree at all that Morgan is immoral, or evil.

That doesn't mean he's going about it the necessary way, but in no way can you call him evil.

Morgan's stance reminds me of one of the best lines of The Dark Knight. "You thought we could be decent men in an indecent time. But you were wrong. The world is cruel, and the only morality in a cruel world is chance."

Using deadly force to defend people from murderous psychopaths is what a "decent" man does during indecent times.

Based on the nature of the unprovoked and appallingly brutal assault by the wolves on the people living in Alexandria it was in fact correct and moral to kill every last one of the Wolves. If Morgan can't distinguish the difference between the maniacal Wolves and the people of Alexandria he is in fact "evil". There is no basis to suggest a moral equivalency. So I remain confused as to what the writers are up to here.

In some ways the rational behind the Morgan character is fascinating. Here we have this hugely successful show trying to create a character that is the polar opposite of Rick to produce dramatic tension. Yet in the world that the shows writers throw at us Morgan is completely useless and his "all life is precious" routine is over the top laughable.

Morgan is an evil character because his premeditated actions in episode 2 led directly to innocent people being murdered. My goodness he is arguing with Carol about the morality of shooting people as the Wolves are literally hacking off the arms and legs of living people! Are you kidding me! His character is as insufferable as he is unbelievable. So again what are the writers up to?

BTW the most satisfying moment in episode 2 is when Carol walks up and shoots the wolf that Morgan is trying to tie up in the head. Great scene and I would be curious as to whether anyone watching this scene unfold thought Carol did the wrong thing here?