The Walking Dead is Back!

Didn’t realize Dead City started 3 weeks ago. Tonight is episode 4.

Anyone start it yet?

Yes.... 2 episodes in and I mean it is still the same old same old that the other series brought us. Nothing has changed. Man is bad and the dead is just back ground noise.

Recently started re-watching this series from the beginning. It’s funny seeing the likes of Rick and Daryl in the early seasons freaking out over 1 to 2 walkers compared to what you see them face in later seasons where they are taking on 10 to 12 by themselves.

I watched The Ones Who Lived and had a very different opinion. I've always enjoyed the big picture of the Walking Dead franchise but thought the writing was lazy towards the end. Great idea, the story-telling could have been better. I always hated that Rick was one of the dumbest people on the planet but he always survived. He should turn left, he turns right. Then some magical event happens and turning right saves his life.

As to The Ones Who Lived, I read that one of the producers said it was a "love story". What the heck? It was never a love story. It felt forced every time Rick and Michonne were together. They were not a great couple. There was nothing special about them other than they kept living despite making horrific decisions. They also seemed to destroy every successful civilization post-apocalypse.

There is an alternate ending of "I Am Legend" where they show the zombies retrieving their friends from Wil Smith who was performing grotesque experiments on them. It was at that point we realized that Wil Smith's character was viewed as a monster by the zombie people. In The Walking Dead, Rick and Michonne are always viewed as heroes but when you look back at their destruction of more successful societies, it's more likely they are the villains who are bringing humanity to an end.

And yes, I know they accidentally uncovered and stopped the massacre of Portland.