The Walking Dead is Back!

Great episode. The walkers are just an episode or two away from overrunning the community, unless they somehow get them back on to the road, which it looks next week like it's going to be survival just getting back home. The wolves are crazy people man, I really expected Rick and the others to make it back to defend Alexandria. I never suspected it to be only Carol, Carl, Rosita and Aaron. Carol is bad, love her character evolution.

Morgan's character has to change, or he will be killed. I'd think we will get a backstory on him soon.

The other Alexandrians need Rick and company more than ever. Deanna decided to stay outside the walls and Spencer is nowhere near ready to fight. They had no idea what it was like on the other side of the walls. New characters were introduced and some never even had a line to speak. Great start to season 6, they just keep raising the bar.

Once it hits the fan the pacing of this episode was absolutely brilliant. The running battle within the walls of Alexandria was riveting. You really were rooting for the "Alexandrians" to beat off the Wolf's attack. Great direction and season 6 is off to a sizzling start!

Using deadly force to defend people from murderous psychopaths is what a "decent" man does during indecent times.

Based on the nature of the unprovoked and appallingly brutal assault by the wolves on the people living in Alexandria it was in fact correct and moral to kill every last one of the Wolves. If Morgan can't distinguish the difference between the maniacal Wolves and the people of Alexandria he is in fact "evil". There is no basis to suggest a moral equivalency. So I remain confused as to what the writers are up to here.

In some ways the rational behind the Morgan character is fascinating. Here we have this hugely successful show trying to create a character that is the polar opposite of Rick to produce dramatic tension. Yet in the world that the shows writers throw at us Morgan is completely useless and his "all life is precious" routine is over the top laughable.

Morgan is an evil character because his premeditated actions in episode 2 led directly to innocent people being murdered. My goodness he is arguing with Carol about the morality of shooting people as the Wolves are literally hacking off the arms and legs of living people! Are you kidding me! His character is as insufferable as he is unbelievable. So again what are the writers up to?

BTW the most satisfying moment in episode 2 is when Carol walks up and shoots the wolf that Morgan is trying to tie up in the head. Great scene and I would be curious as to whether anyone watching this scene unfold thought Carol did the wrong thing here?

I agree that given the circumstances its "moral" to kill the wolves, but I'll continue to disagree that its not immoral, to choose a different way.

That said, the wolf who got away with the gun is going to end up killing someone...and maybe that will be the turning point for Morgan's character. Perhaps he ends up killing Gabriel, who Morgan shared a moment with.

Though to be honest, I'm intrigued by the potential change in Gabriel down the line with regards to the topic of moral men (not that he hasn't already done bad), being forced to go dark because that's what the world requires now.

Sort of like a Mr. Eko from Lost, in reverse. Drug Dealer turned holy man, who marries the two ideals when life forces him too. A spiritual badass whose sense of what's moral changes because his world changes. Not that I think Gabriel will ever turn badass though. But he can turn darker.

It could be Morgan who turns eventually into that spiritual/moral bad . Doing bad things because its necessary, not because he thinks its right.

BTW the most satisfying moment in episode 2 is when Carol walks up and shoots the wolf that Morgan is trying to tie up in the head. Great scene and I would be curious as to whether anyone watching this scene unfold thought Carol did the wrong thing here?

Easily the best scene of the episode. 2nd would be Jessie playing her best Carol impersonation and fake being knocked out and drive the scissors into that lady wolf's chest 10, 12 or 15 times and then one final strike to the head to prevent reanimation. Jessie gets it, she's protecting what's hers.

I hope Gabriel and Morgan are the next to die.

Jessie seems to be one of the only Alexandrians that gets "it". She isn't gonna take chances and is going to keep those closest to her safe. Her older son is an idiot though.

the wolf who got away with the gun is going to end up killing someone...and maybe that will be the turning point for Morgan's character.

I noticed on the trailer released at the comic con, Darryl was captured by people who appeared to be the wolves, one of them had a gun. I'm pretty sure it was the guy who picked it up before leaving last night. Also, in the trailer, Morgan was heard to have said, I'll go get him, or something like that. I'm thinking that it will be Morgan to go and find Daryl and possibly finish off the remaining wolves, thereby changing his character again once again (if he hadn't already started last night). He has blood on his hands and will possibly again, I don't see how his character stays on this path, I think we will turn around.

The things that I'm confused about the "Wolves" are, what is their purpose and how are they surviving?

It's almost like they are "pets" that are living at the will of a master. No way they could have survived this long and come together as a group without some unifying personality that takes care of their daily needs. The fact they don't have guns shows they are intellectually limited.

The things that I'm confused about the "Wolves" are, what is their purpose and how are they surviving?

It's almost like they are "pets" that are living at the will of a master. No way they could have survived this long and come together as a group without some unifying personality that takes care of their daily needs. The fact they don't have guns shows they are intellectually limited.

There is one character in the comics that could be a leader of the wolves, but the character really doesn't fit their "lifestyle", unless they deviate from the comic, which they have done before. They will not last long like the governor and Woodbury story arc, I'm thinking the longevity will be more like the Termites. Their story arc will be closed I'm betting before episode 5 is finished. The rest of the first half of the season is going to be insane.

I just watched this episode. To me, I got the feeling that Morgan has a past with the Wolves. Did anyone else get that?

No, he just can't get over the fact that people in this world are trying to kill him and his group. His new "all life is precious" attitude has to go. Doesn't fit anywhere in the series.

I think a backstory on Morgan is coming. No affiliation with the wolves, but he could be associated with a group of people we have never met. I'm wondering where he learned his ninja skills, I have an interesting thought on who it could be, and it's a future character is all I can say.

There is one character in the comics that could be a leader of the wolves, but the character really doesn't fit their "lifestyle", unless they deviate from the comic, which they have done before. They will not last long like the governor and Woodbury story arc, I'm thinking the longevity will be more like the Termites. Their story arc will be closed I'm betting before episode 5 is finished. The rest of the first half of the season is going to be insane.

Based on the tactics they used against Alexandria I'm not surprised the "wolves" won't be around to long. Once you get past their over the top brutality, the "wolves" are nothing more then wild dogs easily put down. In fact if it wasn't for the self righteous Morgan the wolves would already be history.

BTW, I'm more interested to learn where Morgan got his screwed up philosophy then his stick skills. I'm hoping the story arc has him abandon his immoral "all life is precious" nonsense and get back to protecting the lives that matter (eg, people who are not preying on others but are actually trying to rebuild civilization). I liked the Morgan character and it's distracting what the writers have turned him into.

They've basically devolved into cavemen, with most of their humanity being sucked away.

Purpose? To become the only tribe remaining?

I agree, someone must be pulling the strings in the wolves group, because it's apparent as individuals they've devolved into animals.

The suburban city needs to have a much better defense system and it has to be taken seriously, like a forward operating base would be in the military. Otherwise, even the animals can do damage.

After the attack, you have to wonder how many people are left in the city. Seems to me they need for find new blood or else be eventually be overrun by some other group.

Based on rough ideas, I would guess Alexandria has roughly 40-50 people left? Rick, Carl(hes old enough to count in terms of people who can help unlike Judith), Daryl, Glenn, Maggie, Carol, Michonne, Sasha, Abraham, Rosita, Morgan, Eugene, Tara, Gabriel. So 14 of the outside group. Aaron, Deanna + 2 sons, Jessie +2 sons, the nervous doc, the inventory lady, Heath, Scott, and Annie(the supply run trio), plus 5 or so others such as the construction crew. That gives them 30ish right there who are old enough to be taught and help defend the place. I would imagine there are others but just don't get shown on the screen if that makes sense.

Based on the tactics they used against Alexandria I'm not surprised the "wolves" won't be around to long. Once you get past their over the top brutality, the "wolves" are nothing more then wild dogs easily put down. In fact if it wasn't for the self righteous Morgan the wolves would already be history.

BTW, I'm more interested to learn where Morgan got his screwed up philosophy then his stick skills. I'm hoping the story arc has him abandon his immoral "all life is precious" nonsense and get back to protecting the lives that matter (eg, people who are not preying on others but are actually trying to rebuild civilization). I liked the Morgan character and it's distracting what the writers have turned him into.

I'll be curious to find out if the entire group attacked or just some of them.

My thought of where he learned his skills could also be the same place and people he adapted his new philosophy. It's unlikely my thought is correct, if I knew more about the timing and how long Morgan was in the area they are now, I might feel a little better about it. I doubt I'm correct, but it would be a nice twist on the series from the comic. If the Morgan character is to remain in the show, he better change. His character was/is a bit different in the comic.

Based on rough ideas, I would guess Alexandria has roughly 40-50 people left? Rick, Carl(hes old enough to count in terms of people who can help unlike Judith), Daryl, Glenn, Maggie, Carol, Michonne, Sasha, Abraham, Rosita, Morgan, Eugene, Tara, Gabriel. So 14 of the outside group. Aaron, Deanna + 2 sons, Jessie +2 sons, the nervous doc, the inventory lady, Heath, Scott, and Annie(the supply run trio), plus 5 or so others such as the construction crew. That gives them 30ish right there who are old enough to be taught and help defend the place. I would imagine there are others but just don't get shown on the screen if that makes sense.

That's some impressive figuring... kudos :) ... we haven't seen all of the wolves yet and I agree, there's gotta be a 'leader' behind the madness. I agree with another above though that it's not the obvious choice (negan) although I do think his storyline is coming soon. There's another arrogant/audacious type character coming though played by Xander Berkeley. It'll be interesting to see where that character fits in. Also, while the wolves' minions do seem dumb as a box of rocks, the collection of zombies in trailers/sound system/etc set-up puts into doubt that they're all just mindless 'dogs' :shrug:

Just heard episode 4 is going to be 90 minutes. Can't imagine that announcement unless they have something huge planned. Finishing off the wolves (if not this week) and probably defending Alexandria from the herd heading that way.

Who saw that coming tonight, Glenn offed? Is Rick offed next?

Or was the other guy on top of Glenn and the guts we saw was his and not Glenn's?

Curveball!!! Sad to see Glenn go, they really dwindled that group down from the beginning of the episode.

Was wrong about the wolves kidnapping Darryl, my curiosity has now been peaked to see what and how it happens to him.

They need to drop these walkers off soon, 3 episodes is to long to have a parade.

Getting the backstory on Morgan I expected next week, it's time for him to starting offing people. My guess is now its RIck that he is going to get. Also, I watched last weeks episode again tonight, I think Morgan said "I'm starting" instead of "I'm sorry".

Who saw that coming tonight, Glenn offed? Is Rick offed next?

Or was the other guy on top of Glenn and the guts we saw was his and not Glenn's?

(well since you broke spoilers)

that's the theory, but I just don't see how Glenn survives that unless he makes it under the dumpster and they for some reason don't find him. I gotta think he's dead though.

It's worth noting though on Talking Dead, they don't list him as part of their weekly deaths segment, and they read a statement from the head writer saying we'll see Glenn again in some fashion, be it flashback, current story, or "parts of him."

I knew Nicholas was a goner as soon as he volunteered to go with Glenn...but I really thought they were going to redeem him by saving Glenn.

(well since you broke spoilers)

that's the theory, but I just don't see how Glenn survives that unless he makes it under the dumpster and they for some reason don't find him. I gotta think he's dead though.

It's worth noting though on Talking Dead, they don't list him as part of their weekly deaths segment, and they read a statement from the head writer saying we'll see Glenn again in some fashion, be it flashback, current story, or "parts of him."

I think I'll pass on that last option for seeing Glen again! I hope you guys are right about him getting out of this but that last shot above the dumpster was pretty damning.

I think I'll pass on that last option for seeing Glen again! I hope you guys are right about him getting out of this but that last shot above the dumpster was pretty damning.

But the walkers were only feeding in one spot. Not on two bodies, which makes me think they were feeding on the other guy on top of Glenn.

But the walkers were only feeding in one spot. Not on two bodies, which makes me think they were feeding on the other guy on top of Glenn.

Agreed. They showed Glenn's face when they were pulling guts from the body. I have a hard time believing that someone could remain as "alive" as he appeared at that time if half his body was already being eaten.

Agreed. They showed Glenn's face when they were pulling guts from the body. I have a hard time believing that someone could remain as "alive" as he appeared at that time if half his body was already being eaten.

You're right in that Glen's face wasn't displaying the agony it should have if those had been his guts being pulled from his body (I can't believe I just wrote that). So I'm beginning to warm up to the possibility that he's alive under there. I do remember the season 1 or 2 episode where they coated themselves in blood & gore and walked through the zombies unnoticed!

I like the "Glen" character and hope he's still alive as the show would miss his unique blend of compassion and competence.

Last edited:
I'd be fine with it if they can do it convincingly, I just don't see how you can convincingly pull off him still being alive.

Nicholas will not be turning. Is it the walker guts that help them blend in or is just any guts in general? If it's just guts in general, Glenn can lie under Nicholas for a while, cover himself and get up and walk away with other walkers. I'm wondering if there was room under the dumpster and he somehow managed to slide under there while the walkers were busy with Nicholas. Either way, my money is on Glenn still being alive.

How about maybe this was just a hallucination by Glenn and he imagined himself dying?

I think Maggie is pregnant (premier this season), I just don't see Glenn going yet and the hallucination is what scares him most about leaving Maggie and his child behind. Just another of the many thoughts I had. The hallucination is the first thing I thought of as it was happening.

Also, I think the producers gave themselves an out in keeping Glenn alive because of the blooper on screen during this scene. When Glenn and Nicholas fell, their feet were by the dumpster. When the walkers were feeding, their head was by the dumpster thereby possibly making it easier for Glenn to slide under.

“In some way we will see Glenn — some version of Glenn or parts of Glenn — again. Either in flashback or the current story to help complete the story.”

http://tvline.com/2015/10/25/walking-dead-steven-yeun-season-6-glenn-death/