Votes: 25 44.6%
  • Kent Roosevelt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Revere

• Tallmadge

• Total voters
Kent's culture has to change. I'm sure the new coach is doing this. Talked to an opposing coach who scrimmaged Kent last year and he remarked that it was a challenge to get the kids to buy in to the concept of two practices a day.

It seems that Cuyahoga Falls is going to have to go through a similar process to build their football team back up. The first goal should be to play three non-conference games against teams they can beat. Even if they go 3-7 on the year with only wins outside the league, it will be a confidence builder.

After watching CF the last couple of years, they have great fan support and the winning will start to follow if they can find a path to some success to build on.

It seems that Cuyahoga Falls is going to have to go through a similar process to build their football team back up. The first goal should be to play three non-conference games against teams they can beat. Even if they go 3-7 on the year with only wins outside the league, it will be a confidence builder.

After watching CF the last couple of years, they have great fan support and the winning will start to follow if they can find a path to some success to build on.

They definitely could start 3-0 this year. Out of North,Springfield and Firestone I think Firestone will give them the most trouble but Cuyahoga Falls could definitely have a 3-0 start with those teams.

Hello everyone, been out of the site for a while, good to read all in info everyone is bringing. Keep it up guys! Have a great 4th weekend!
Season 3 Netflix GIF by Stranger Things

...Also had noticed, everyone is rating Highland high this year, but no one has discussed what the 2023 team will look like? How many starters are they returning and such?

Who is the new team Joining the SLN?

Glad to be adding Solon as it puts the league at 16 with 8 in each conference.

The footprint for the Suburban League is rather large. Plot the schools on a map and that hole in the middle really stands out. I wonder how many other leagues have a similar footprint where the big city is left out.

Glad to be adding Solon as it puts the league at 16 with 8 in each conference.

The footprint for the Suburban League is rather large. Plot the schools on a map and that hole in the middle really stands out. I wonder how many other leagues have a similar footprint where the big city is left out.
I really like the Suburban league. I think its very competitive in all sports. I thought the same of the old Metro League

I really like the Suburban league. I think its very competitive in all sports. I thought the same of the old Metro League
I also liked the " old" Metropolitan League. The Rt 91 teams of Springfield, Ellet, Tallmadge, Stow-Munroe Falls then add Ravenna and Kent to the mix. All close schools!

I like the schools in the SLA. What I don't like is the long trips, especially for all the sports. Not too bad for just football.

The Metro was a very good geographic-based league but the schools weren't necessarily a good fit for all sports.

I like the schools in the SLA. What I don't like is the long trips, especially for all the sports. Not too bad for just football.

The Metro was a very good geographic-based league but the schools weren't necessarily a good fit for all sports.
All things considered geographically speaking, I don't think they can really do much better. You should see how spread out teams and regions are in the South. You want to see a lot of travel for games it can be 2 plus hours each way for their region games.

Sometimes I wish they would separate football from all the other sports for league affiliations. It seems like football is the driver and everyone wants their shot at winning on the football field. Too many seasons stuck at the bottom of the football standings could mean a league change. For any other sport, it really doesn't seem to matter.

If they separated out football, it would be easier to have a league that was geographically based even if the size of the schools was drastically different.

Kent's culture has to change. I'm sure the new coach is doing this. Talked to an opposing coach who scrimmaged Kent last year and he remarked that it was a challenge to get the kids to buy in to the concept of two practices a day.
There will be a huge shift. I'm not sure how many wins it will relate to in year 1 but there will definitely be a shift that will be noticeable. The staff is very tied in to the community as every coach except for one on staff is a former player from Coach Nemec. Most still live in Kent and have generations that played for Roosevelt.

Sometimes I wish they would separate football from all the other sports for league affiliations. It seems like football is the driver and everyone wants their shot at winning on the football field. Too many seasons stuck at the bottom of the football standings could mean a league change. For any other sport, it really doesn't seem to matter.

If they separated out football, it would be easier to have a league that was geographically based even if the size of the schools was drastically different.
I'll agree with that.

1. Highland
2. Barberton
3. Aurora
4. Tallmadge
5. Revere
6. Kent Roosevelt
7. Cuyahoga Falls
8. Copley

Interesting that Cuyahoga Falls has two votes. I'm hoping they can elevate their football program and win some SLA games this season. Winning the league might be a little out of reach at this point.

Interesting that Cuyahoga Falls has two votes. I'm hoping they can elevate their football program and win some SLA games this season. Winning the league might be a little out of reach at this point.
Yeah, even if with an easier schedule this year, it looks to me like 5-6 wins is the ceiling for the Black Tigers. But just winning 3 or 4 would be a big step forward for them.

Cuyahoga Falls Schedule

Firestone Likely Win
@ Springfield Win
North Win
@ Kent Likely Loss
@ Revere Likely Loss
Aurora Loss
Copley Toss-up
Tallmadge Loss
@ Highland Loss
@ Barberton Loss

Aurora football looks to capitalize on strong junior class, intriguing 2023 schedule​

A year ago, Aurora football relied heavily on a bunch of seniors starting for the first time.

With all those seniors graduated, the Greenmen once again will rely on a bevy of new starters in 2023.

Coming off an 8-4 season, the majority of their starters on both offense and defense are new.

The good news is Aurora has a loaded junior class this year, which bodes well for 2023 and 2024.

Copley Preview:

So Barberton will have an interesting situation next season, as Coach Gotto explained the numbers for the underclassmen are down substantially this season. With a large Senior class graduating, there may be some opportunities for transfer players to be starters and make large impacts on the team for the 2025 season.

Highland and Aurora lead in the poll with about a week left. Barberton just a few votes behind. Everyone else is a distant 4th.

Week 1 Games:

8/17 Kent Roosevelt (0-0) at Ravenna (0-0)
8/18 Barberton (0-0) at Wadsworth (0-0)
8/18 Brecksville (0-0) at Tallmadge (0-0)
8/18 Copley (0-0) at Amherst (0-0)
8/18 Firestone (0-0) at Cuyahoga Falls (0-0)
8/18 Hudson (0-0) at Highland (0-0)
8/18 Revere (0-0) at Woodridge (0-0)
8/18 Twinsburg (0-0) at Aurora (0-0)

8/17 Kent Roosevelt (0-0) at Ravenna (0-0) - Ravenna by 7
8/18 Barberton (0-0) at Wadsworth (0-0) - Wadsworth by 3
8/18 Brecksville (0-0) at Tallmadge (0-0) - Brecksville by 7
8/18 Copley (0-0) at Amherst (0-0) - Copley by 17
8/18 Firestone (0-0) at Cuyahoga Falls (0-0) - Cuyahoga Falls by 7
8/18 Hudson (0-0) at Highland (0-0) - Highland by 3
8/18 Revere (0-0) at Woodridge (0-0) - Woodridge by 1
8/18 Twinsburg (0-0) at Aurora (0-0) - Aurora by 21

8/17 Kent Roosevelt (0-0) at Ravenna (0-0)-Kent 26-20