Steve Arnold steps down as Warren G Harding head coach

This is a major stretch and those on here that know me personally knows exactly what I'm talking about. The damage has been done though, so there's no need to take that trip down memory lane.

As far as Coach Moore goes (my guy!), he's a great example of a perfect "marriage" between coach & community. Of course, the perfect example of that would be Marion Local. The way that those kids are raised at home aligns perfectly with how they are coached and I absolutely love the fact that their success completely destroys the garbage "competitive balance" system that the OHSAA implemented. Moore wasn't "deeply rooted" in Massillon before he took that job, but his background of building successful programs in the MAC & GCL is exactly what the Tigers needed. You can look at his social media and instantly tell just how passionate he is about enhancing Massillon's tradition and getting his athletes to the next level.

I'm not exactly sure who all applied for the Harding job, but even I have had coaches from both Ohio & PA hit me up (yes, ME) for info about the vacancy, so I'm sure that there's plenty of interest that I don't know about. I do know that Rick Shepas, Anthony Elias, and my guy Matt Richardson are all receiving heavy consideration. I've found a way to be vocal while "staying out of the way" at the same time and while I'm unsure of the accolades of the other (on my end) unknown potential candidates, Richardson checks every box for me as, like Moore is with Massillon, he's exactly what Warren needs. Would love to see a deal done early this week.

Harding has one shot at this. Hopefully, they won't screw it up.
Who is Anthony Elias?
I remember Shepas from when I first moved my wife and kids to Stark County, as he was the Head Coach at Massillon Washington. Where has Shepas been since his time in Tiger Town?

Who is Anthony Elias?
I remember Shepas from when I first moved my wife and kids to Stark County, as he was the Head Coach at Massillon Washington. Where has Shepas been since his time in Tiger Town?
Shepas has been the head coach at Waynesburg University, the AD of Youngstown City Schools, and most recently an assistant at Mooney.

This is a major stretch and those on here that know me personally knows exactly what I'm talking about. The damage has been done though, so there's no need to take that trip down memory lane.

As far as Coach Moore goes (my guy!), he's a great example of a perfect "marriage" between coach & community. Of course, the perfect example of that would be Marion Local. The way that those kids are raised at home aligns perfectly with how they are coached and I absolutely love the fact that their success completely destroys the garbage "competitive balance" system that the OHSAA implemented. Moore wasn't "deeply rooted" in Massillon before he took that job, but his background of building successful programs in the MAC & GCL is exactly what the Tigers needed. You can look at his social media and instantly tell just how passionate he is about enhancing Massillon's tradition and getting his athletes to the next level.

I'm not exactly sure who all applied for the Harding job, but even I have had coaches from both Ohio & PA hit me up (yes, ME) for info about the vacancy, so I'm sure that there's plenty of interest that I don't know about. I do know that Rick Shepas, Anthony Elias, and my guy Matt Richardson are all receiving heavy consideration. I've found a way to be vocal while "staying out of the way" at the same time and while I'm unsure of the accolades of the other (on my end) unknown potential candidates, Richardson checks every box for me as, like Moore is with Massillon, he's exactly what Warren needs. Would love to see a deal done early this week.

Harding has one shot at this. Hopefully, they won't screw it up.
Worm has Richardson applied or been contacted by the person hiring? You always seem to have the inside information.

I think people are dreaming if they think Ursuline coach is coming. This is not the Harding job of by gone eras. They can be better but no way they are going to be in Massillon or Hoban stratosphere even if they don’t screw up the hire by picking a rotten basketball coach to run the team again.

I think people are dreaming if they think Ursuline coach is coming. This is not the Harding job of by gone eras. They can be better but no way they are going to be in Massillon or Hoban stratosphere even if they don’t screw up the hire by picking a rotten basketball coach to run the team again.
Lol, who is dreaming that the Ursuline coach is coming to WGH? I'm sure not

Of course Matty Rich has my vote, but man it sounds like he's got a good thing at Hoban. Whoever it is I just hope they bring the Raiders back. Still funny to me that the NE Fire Department has the old Panther painted on the front.

The Ursuline coach has not won multiple titles in D1, or D2. He won them 15 years ago in D5.
How many coaches have won multiple titles in this state? It doesn't matter what division or how long ago, if you win 1 state title you are a helluva coach, let alone multiple ones.

How many coaches have won multiple titles in this state? It doesn't matter what division or how long ago, if you win 1 state title you are a helluva coach, let alone multiple ones.
Ok good. You are entitled to your opinion.

What is so wild? Those are true facts. He is not coming to WGH, so it doesn't matter. He is a very good coach, but it is a little easier coaching for Ursuline than WGH.
Why? Is it easier to attract good athletes at UHS than at WGH? I have to imagine that WGH has as much talent as UHS on a yearly basis. I’m also wondering why all the focus is on a local guy. As attractive as the job is I would think there are applicants from all over Ohio and many states. To me that job is a destination for a proven experienced coach.

Why? Is it easier to attract good athletes at UHS than at WGH? I have to imagine that WGH has as much talent as UHS on a yearly basis. I’m also wondering why all the focus is on a local guy. As attractive as the job is I would think there are applicants from all over Ohio and many states. To me that job is a destination for a proven experienced coach.
Harding isn't as attractive as it once was. Warren is declining at an alarming rate and trying to get kids to transfer in will be tough. Winning the kids in the halls would be key but that is going be a challenge.

Harding isn't as attractive as it once was. Warren is declining at an alarming rate and trying to get kids to transfer in will be tough. Winning the kids in the halls would be key but that is going be a challenge.
I don't disagree, but, given the time, the right coach at the right place at the right time, can make it work. It has happened at other places, so I don't see why it wouldn't work at Warren.

I don't disagree, but, given the time, the right coach at the right place at the right time, can make it work. It has happened at other places, so I don't see why it wouldn't work at Warren.
It could but I just don't see it being anywhere close to 0ast glory. Not with the Massillons and Hobans of the world in the region/division. Those places are attractive to transfers, Harding isn't. Maybe the indoor will help but im not sure. They certainly can be a perennial playoff team though.