Steve Arnold steps down as Warren G Harding head coach

I completely agree. They already have the athletes. Now image if they are able to attract some talent.

It’s not about “attracting talent,” nor has it ever been. It’s about establishing a system from the ground up, developing what you have, and constantly moving forward. When that results in success, it can also result in surrounding talent wishing that they could play a part in it.

That’s far more effective than wishing for another “Lynn Bowden” to transfer in & save Harding again. Even in that regard, any sign of structure, to go along with our facilities, would entice more alumni to send their sons to Harding. If that happens, the Raiders could make a much stronger comeback than most would think.

It’s not about “attracting talent,” nor has it ever been. It’s about establishing a system from the ground up, developing what you have, and constantly moving forward. When that results in success, it can also result in surrounding talent wishing that they could play a part in it.

That’s far more effective than wishing for another “Lynn Bowden” to transfer in & save Harding again. Even in that regard, any sign of structure, to go along with our facilities, would entice more alumni to send their sons to Harding. If that happens, the Raiders could make a much stronger comeback than most would think.
I completely agree Worm.

Worm,

people around Trumbull county are starting to talk...it would appear that the Matt Richardson hiring is starting to take shape...can you confirm?

Worm,

people around Trumbull county are starting to talk...it would appear that the Matt Richardson hiring is starting to take shape...can you confirm?
I'm sure he knows, but he probably doesn't want to put anything on the public forum, until it is official

Last 3 games were 13-14 loss to Fitch, 35-0 win over St. V, 21-24 loss to Hudson. That's on the cusp. Rich would improve the program and an improved WGH is a legit playoff contender, and sooner than later.

Now obviously Massillon, Hoban, TCC, Avon, Cincy whoever, are a high bar but we all have to start somewhere.

What is the hold up over there? Everyone seems to know who the man is, but they don't want to make the announcement yet. Lol

What is the hold up over there? Everyone seems to know who the man is, but they don't want to make the announcement yet. Lol
Their next Board of Education meeting will likely determine the date of the announcement. They had their "Organizational" meeting tonight (January 9th), and stated the next regular Board meeting will be on Tuesday, January 30th. So you might have to wait until then. Tonight at the end of the Organizational meeting they did go into Executive Session to discuss the "consideration of employment of a public employee" but then indicated that no further action/votes would be undertaken.

I know this only because of a Google search for Warren City Schools, and then a link to a YouTube livestream of their board meeting. Easy-peasy.

Their next Board of Education meeting will likely determine the date of the announcement. They had their "Organizational" meeting tonight (January 9th), and stated the next regular Board meeting will be on Tuesday, January 30th. So you might have to wait until then. Tonight at the end of the Organizational meeting they did go into Executive Session to discuss the "consideration of employment of a public employee" but then indicated that no further action/votes would be undertaken.

I know this only because of a Google search for Warren City Schools, and then a link to a YouTube livestream of their board meeting. Easy-peasy.
Maybe someone might just come out on the forum here, and spill the beans before then.

Yeah I fall under the minority on here that isn't "anonymous."
My name is part of my username. If I were to post something they will obviously figure it out. So it is best to keep quiet until the official announcement is made. Even if I had a random username they could probably deudce from process of elimination who it was.

My name is part of my username. If I were to post something they will obviously figure it out. So it is best to keep quiet until the official announcement is made. Even if I had a random username they could probably deudce from process of elimination who it was.

Eh...

1. Everybody calls me "Worm" and I graduated in 2002. In fact, I'm rarely called by my real name.
2. My username is also my Twitter.
3. I've posted videos from my YouTube Channel with my real name as the thumbnail.
4. Speaking of videos, four years ago (during the down time over the pandemic), my friend Brandon Giovannone & I did a special video detailing my personal "Top 30 Harding Football Players Since 1990." Brandon did several interviews (coaches, former players, media members, etc.) while I wrote & narrated all of my content. I made highlight clips of every player that I talked about, which Brandon took and made it look as if it was on ESPN (I can edit videos myself, but Brandon has been doing it longer than me). Another poster posted the link on here and I received many great reviews. Everybody saw who I was, lol.
5. Sorta related, but back in 2008, I called into a show that was discussing the controversial ending to the WGH-St. Eds regional final basketball game. Without saying my name, everybody in Warren that was watching knew that it was me because of how I talk. My voice is very distinctive.
6. Speaking of my voice, everybody who has ever come to a Harding football game has heard me in the stadium. I've been told that fans (arriving late) have heard me from the parking lot, lol. Opposing teams (players, coaches, fans, etc.) often recognize me and at track meets, opposing fans often ask me to cheer for their own kids. I've met a lot of people that way.

I've never "hidden behind a screen name," but that has never stopped me from voicing my opinions/truths.

From the looks of it, everybody is pretty much hearing the exact same thing. Just waiting on Harding to make the announcement.
Starting to hear rumblings of assistants so it sounds like a deal has been made or at least is anticipated.

The worst-kept secret in Warren will become official Saturday morning.

I think that it's more "common sense" than "the worst kept secret." I literally called it as soon as the job opened up. Richardson should've been Harding's head coach. It was just a matter of getting the details worked out.

I think that it's more "common sense" than "the worst kept secret." I literally called it as soon as the job opened up. Richardson should've been Harding's head coach. It was just a matter of getting the details worked out.
Long time coming and well deserved

LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

IMG_1298.jpeg