Steve Arnold steps down as Warren G Harding head coach

Yes it is. I think a lot of people don't realize what Harding is right now. Thet can definitely get better but the days of their dominance have long passed.
Honestly they haven't been consistently really good since the McDanels days in the early 2000's. They had the real short 2 year run about 7 or 8 years ago, but that was because of them having Lynn Bowden. But I really would hope they could get back to some kind of relevance

Steve Arnold is a good man Ran a great “program”. Cared about kids. Organized. Study tables, discipline, great with families and helped a ton of kids get into schools. Many things most urban programs would die for. But in Warren, like Canton, Massillon, etc you are judged by wins and losses.

Was he a great X and 0, old school football coach. Probably not. But all of the above reasons made him “successful”

Here is the irony. He won many many basketball games with 60-70% of his production being “imported” talent.

Post Lynn Bowden he really focused on the youth of Warren. And those were many of the people that turned on him. If Arnold had run football like hoops he would have brought in a bunch of kids and hurt the Warren Kid.

But he chose to take care of the kids and his city and that city just doesn’t have enough to sustain the level people are accustom to

Truthfully, basketball hasn’t been much different. Post Arnold, Vlajkovich (sp) brought in talent and they were pretty good.

Franklin went the Warren kid route and the results have been the same as Arnold in football. Solid. Not great.

tough times to be a high school coach in a decaying urban city with high expectations.

Warren, find you a Nate Moore.

I see worm has mentioned Matt Richardson, a name I'm unfortunately unfamiliar with. Is this a real posiblity or is this a reach.

Let's hypothetically say that Richardson isn't interested. What are some other names that Warren folk are interested in?

Reardon has been mentioned, probably unlikely, McDaniels is most likely past his "wanting to" days. I think firewatch threw out the Shepas name.

Anyone currently on the staff or any former players?

I see worm has mentioned Matt Richardson, a name I'm unfortunately unfamiliar with. Is this a real posiblity or is this a reach.

Let's hypothetically say that Richardson isn't interested. What are some other names that Warren folk are interested in?

Reardon has been mentioned, probably unlikely, McDaniels is most likely past his "wanting to" days. I think firewatch threw out the Shepas name.

Anyone currently on the staff or any former players?

Interest isn't an issue on either side.

Making the right hire is just as important to WGH now as it is to JFKs dimming future. The right man was at JFK in Prologo but JFK Administration screwed the pooch. WGH being "down" was music to JFKs ears. You get the right HC at WGH there will never be another Provitt, Smith, Taylor, Ellis, Burch, Jackson, Carr, Turner etc..... attending Kennedy. Names synonymous with Warren Legends and their families who nobody thought would ever don the K. Hardings football misfortunes were JFKs opportunity for continued success at a state level. ALL FACTS

1A) Matty Rich
1B) Dan Reardon
1C) Dominic Prologo
1D) Curt Kuntz

2B) Danny Stella

YOU CANNOT WIN IN WARREN WITHOUT WARREN TIES

Making the right hire is just as important to WGH now as it is to JFKs dimming future. The right man was at JFK in Prologo but JFK Administration screwed the pooch. WGH being "down" was music to JFKs ears. You get the right HC at WGH there will never be another Provitt, Smith, Taylor, Ellis, Burch, Jackson, Carr, Turner etc..... attending Kennedy. Names synonymous with Warren Legends and their families who nobody thought would ever don the K. Hardings football misfortunes were JFKs opportunity for continued success at a state level. ALL FACTS

1A) Matty Rich
1B) Dan Reardon
1C) Dominic Prologo
1D) Curt Kuntz

2B) Danny Stella

Why do you think the Ursuline Coach would leave??

Why do you think the Ursuline Coach would leave??
Former assistant under McD at WGH and state pension, but he can pull much more talent at Ursuline and wouldn’t have to go through a gauntlet to reach state semis by staying at Ursuline. Region 5 is run by Hoban and getting by Walsh Jesuit isn’t happening anytime soon

OK, makes sense. The Spear always throws me off but you've explained it to me before.
FSU baby..........................Lets not speak on it please I'm still not over the snub from the playoff committee :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Now when they talked about going to maroon and gold with FSU uniforms during the consolidation in Warren I was the happiest fella in Warren City then ripped it away lol

Now when they talked about going to maroon and gold with FSU uniforms during the consolidation in Warren I was the happiest fella in Warren City then ripped it away lol
I always said that would have been best. It's actually my favorite color combo and it would have made sense AND looked great. However, unlike a couple of my esteemed old teammates, I got over that whole color thing a LONG time ago. The kids don't care and it's been decades.

1A) Matty Rich
1B) Dan Reardon
1C) Dominic Prologo
1D) Curt Kuntz

2B) Danny Stella

While I can't speak for Danny, I'm pretty confident that he'd coach under any of them.

I don't but package the AD/HC jobs. Offer 100K+ and gets him back into the state pension system. You got to shoot your shot. All have ties to WGH

I got people excited on Facebook when I suggested that Harding should bring in Reardon & Richardson as an AD & head coach combo. One would be great as is, but either would build the most stacked coaching staff that we've had since the McD era.

One thing is for sure... Richardson belongs on Harding's sideline! In fact, I've been "high key" picthing for him to eventually get the job on social media all season (and he know it, lol). I made this post on Facebook on August 26 (pics below)...

"Don't call it a comeback! I've been here for years!"

As loud of a message as LL Cool J sent when he uttered those powerful lyrics back in 1990, my guy Matty Rich sent the same one without saying a word to the public. As pictured here, he was the running backs coach at Warren G. Harding in 2001 while today, he now serves as the offensive coordinator for perennial powerhouse Akron Hoban.

I'm usually up on special stats and distinct honors, but even I would be hard pressed to find out just how many high school coaches there are in national history who not only produced multiple Mr. Football (Ohio) recipients, but also multiple USA Today High School All-American running backs. That's exactly what Coach Rich did in 2001 with WGH'sMaurice Clarett and in 2022 with Hoban's Lamar Sperling.

The 2023 season is young and I'm sure that Coach Rich is too busy to "smell his flowers" while he focuses on the task at hand. That said, I'm sure that he'll keep speaking with his actions like he always does.

370662482_10113273485380924_2252724536223840918_n.jpg

370558300_10113273484482724_9050920012867077704_n.jpg

370570001_10113273484732224_7605106018899672357_n.jpg

I hope WGH nails this hire and gets back to being a consistent contender. Life is more fun when they are challenging in Northeast Ohio.

Blue Bloods. SVC. AAC. Helluva history. HUGE upside. Build it, they'll come. That area has been hit hard but still alot of "old money" too.

While I can't speak for Danny, I'm pretty confident that he'd coach under any of them.

I got people excited on Facebook when I suggested that Harding should bring in Reardon & Richardson as an AD & head coach combo. One would be great as is, but either would build the most stacked coaching staff that we've had since the McD era.

2 excellent coaches. You really think they could co-exist? With one looking over the other's shoulder, or getting in each others kitchen? That could cause disharmony too, internally and/or externally.

2 excellent coaches. You really think they could co-exist? With one looking over the other's shoulder, or getting in each others kitchen? That could cause disharmony too, internally and/or externally.

As an AD & coach? Absolutely! Both coached under McDaniels and are very familiar with each other.

Not even sure if Reardon is open to the idea of being an AD (I'd like to think that money would talk though), but Warren would absolutely love for these two to be working side by side again.

I’m not sure there’s an actual scenario where Reardon and Richardson co-exist at Harding, although it sounds great. Does Richardson have an opportunity to take over at Hoban, should Tyrell leave? His name has been mentioned over the last few years to openings like YSU and Akron

As an AD & coach? Absolutely! Both coached under McDaniels and are very familiar with each other.

Not even sure if Reardon is open to the idea of being an AD (I'd like to think that money would talk though), but Warren would absolutely love for these two to be working side by side again.
I’m sure financially Cafaro’s take care of Reardon quite well, pension is the only allure to go back to a public school