Northwest Ohio Realignment

CCHS93

You think Lima's AD might discover something the state auditor does not?

That's hilarious.
No. Wasnt my original comment. Just was replying. I think the comment was geared toward gate revenue and things like that, not bigger issues.

eastisbest

You think Lima's AD might discover something the state auditor does not?

That's hilarious.

You're hilarious but that's a different topic. :D He was responding to one of my arguments as to why TCL might not want to add Lima to conference. It wasn't really about gate, more about operating costs and not the state auditor (but interesting you'd jump there), rather the tax base paying for things.

Upside

There were a few that come to mind although I cannot give you an example followed by a citation from a WBL school or representative expressing resentment, in that way it's a matter of me inferring the reaction. Recently there was a basketball player from Elida that transferred to LSH for his senior year. He was a decent post player. What I don't know is whether he was dissatisfied with the state of the program at Elida or was essentially pilfered, although from the people I've talked to it seems like it was a bit of each.

Another example is from a while back. I hadn't been living in the Lima area for very long but remember a very strong Wapakoneta football team playing Lima in the season opener and losing like 63-0. Barry Blackstone was the head coach for LSH and apparently decided not to call off the dogs. Perhaps someone can correct me but I think Wapak was 9-1 or 8-2 and won the WBL that year with the Hammerstein brothers, Todd Erb etc. They were pretty good. I was working in Wapak at the time and many people weren't too shot in the butt with how the game was handled. Again, I cannot speak for the Wapak school personnel. BTW, if you haven't already figured it out, I'm old.

There are others, but I think that there has been festering resentment toward Lima Senior at Bath and Elida for a while. Couple that with how some programs are non-competitive or non-existent plus aside from basketball Lima doesn't travel well. My observation and experience has been that Lima runs a good athletic department in general administratively but that doesn't guarantee control over the renegades whoever they might be.

CC Track Fan

Could or would Lima be a fit in the MAC, BVC, or WBL or whatever other conference for other sports? Did you know that Cleveland St. , Georgia Southern, Appalachian St., and the Mountaineers of West Virginia are all members of the Mid American Conference?

They all are as affiliate members for wrestling (CSU), men's soccer (GSU and WVU), and field hockey (App. St.). Lima would be a good fit talent wise for the non revenue sports in a small school league.
Not a bad idea but issue is what benefit would any of those leagues get from adding Lima?

chs1971

You're hilarious but that's a different topic. :D He was responding to one of my arguments as to why TCL might not want to add Lima to conference. It wasn't really about gate, more about operating costs and not the state auditor (but interesting you'd jump there), rather the tax base paying for things.
You imagine TCL would have to share that information with the Lima AD?

That's hilarious.

eastisbest

You imagine TCL would have to share that information with the Lima AD?

That's hilarious.
You seem to be making up some story in your head. Not one person has mentioned Lima AD. You're hilarious. Maybe come back after your drunk wears off and you have the coherency to actually read the post threads you are responding to so that you know WHAT you are responding to.

buccaneers2002

Stop trying bucc. Your social comments on here long ago made your opinions porous and made your disgusting mindset apparent. It's not possible for you to put anyone on the defensive, no one that has seen your history will feel a need to defend let alone the inadequacy of your formulaic attempt.

Now stop acting like a jilted lover. The act is making you even more pathetic. Go find a new one. That's how you'll survive. Hell, find twins. Even better for the heart. Or the pancreas. I forget which.
Love ya too bud.

eastisbest

The fact that the Whitmer/TCC game won't be played anymore is a travesty and downright bad for NW Ohio football.
Something Central and the other privates chose with their self-serving and tone-deaf actions during time of crisis. They saw an opportunity to profit at the expense and they took it. 🤷 It's not good for the area but it's not travesty either. It's just change. Nothing in the grand scope has been lost and they will probably eventually play in some fashion.

OHIOVSTW419

Would Start ever be a viable option for the NLL? I think they could compete athletically but could they even branch away from the other publics?

What about Bedford?

slider632

Would Start ever be a viable option for the NLL? I think they could compete athletically but could they even branch away from the other publics?

What about Bedford?
Highly doubt Start would be allowed to split from the TCL as it's part of the Toledo Public School System, as is the rest of the TCL.

I don't think Bedford wants to be in another all Ohio league (old GLL). They seem to have a good system in place already. What benefits would they receive from joining the NLL.

eastisbest

Highly doubt Start would be allowed to split from the TCL as it's part of the Toledo Public School System, as is the rest of the TCL.

I don't think Bedford wants to be in another all Ohio league (old GLL). They seem to have a good system in place already. What benefits would they receive from joining the NLL.
cheaper gas, better roads, less likely to be labeled "racist" for winning... little things.

smurfyeah19

Something Central and the other privates chose with their self-serving and tone-deaf actions during time of crisis. They saw an opportunity to profit at the expense and they took it. 🤷 It's not good for the area but it's not travesty either. It's just change. Nothing in the grand scope has been lost and they will probably eventually play in some fashion.
Are you sure you're not a Catholic with your holy than thou posts? Good grief guy, if there was an award for "Most Sanctimonious Poster" you'd be the clear cut winner. Holy smokes.

To echo what Buc said, it is a shame because it's been Central & Whitmer's world for the last decade and we're just living in it around here. Since 2009 the Panthers have lost only 3 conference games to schools not named Central Catholic (not counting COVID year). Ross in 2014, and St Francis in 2009 & 2013. You split these schools up and their only real competition is gone for a conference title

ToledoGuy

Can also pick up beer and pop on the way home without having to pay the 10 cent deposit...
Yeah, I'm sure logistically they'd love it even though they are very open about never wanting to play Whitmer again because of the beating they were taking at the end. Are the playoff restrictions on games played out of state still around for Michigan schools? Is OHSAA still against having conferences that cross state lines? That would be the be-all/end-all.

Hell, just looking at drives, if Bedford ended up in the big school division, their longest drive would be the same (Bedford to Dexter is 1 hour, Bedford to Findlay is 1 hour), but they'd have Whitmer, Northview, Springfield, Perrysburg, and Anthony Wayne all under 30 minute drives for them as opposed to being forced to drive to Ann Arbor every away game.

Last edited:

Upside

"I can't see Lima going north for a league" is a hell of a take, considering they're in a north league at the moment.

Also, beggars can't be choosers.
They made trips to Cincy for all sports for a while plus the league they are now in is imploding. They're as close to Dayton as they are Toledo and it appears as though the options north of Lima are drying up. How would you assess their chances? The conferences they have been in have either bounced them when they were loaded or were dissolved. They weren't begging anyone.

eastisbest

Are you sure you're not a Catholic with your holy than thou posts? Good grief guy, if there was an award for "Most Sanctimonious Poster" you'd be the clear cut winner. Holy smokes.
There was no "holier than thou," there. Good grief guy, it's just a restatement of facts. If there was an award for "Most drama queen Poster" you'd be the clear cut winner. Holy smokes.

:ROFLMAO:

Why are the privates having such a hard time moving on from the divorce they gave case for? Move on, it will be fine. Should be better for the private schools, why this sudden bringing up of old news from the Cherry St squad? (rhetorical).

Last edited:

eastisbest

Yeah, I'm sure logistically they'd love it even though they are very open about never wanting to play Whitmer again because of the beating they were taking at the end. Are the playoff restrictions on games played out of state still around for Michigan schools? Is OHSAA still against having conferences that cross state lines? That would be the be-all/end-all.

Hell, just looking at drives, if Bedford ended up in the big school division, their longest drive would be the same (Bedford to Dexter is 1 hour, Bedford to Findlay is 1 hour), but they'd have Whitmer, Northview, Springfield, Perrysburg, and Anthony Wayne all under 30 minute drives for them as opposed to being forced to drive to Ann Arbor every away game.

I don't think after the initial response anyone is seriously proposing Bedford would want to change leagues. People just funning.

CCHS93

I agree. Start is the only school in the TCL with anything closw to a robust overall sports program. Detaching Start would leave the rest of the TCL schools with an even worse circumstance.

What about Bedford?
Bedford would be a perfect fit for the NLL; except for the state line right there. If Bedford could somehow join the OHSAA and play Ohio teams, than maybe. But with them being in Michigan and having to go north for their games and playoffs, it wouldn't make sense.

Last edited:

smurfyeah19

Biggest issue with crossing state lines is differences in the AA's schedule. Heck if I'm not mistaken Michigan even has some sports in different seasons than us in Ohio right?

CCHS93

Biggest issue with crossing state lines is differences in the AA's schedule. Heck if I'm not mistaken Michigan even has some sports in different seasons than us in Ohio right?
Girls soccer is one of them. But if they played an Ohio schedule, Im sure they would adjust. Never going to happen though.

jafo

The commissioner of the Detroit league said that they could join in any sports that they choose.

Legacy

Could or would Lima be a fit in the MAC, BVC, or WBL or whatever other conference for other sports? Did you know that Cleveland St. , Georgia Southern, Appalachian St., and the Mountaineers of West Virginia are all members of the Mid American Conference?

They all are as affiliate members for wrestling (CSU), men's soccer (GSU and WVU), and field hockey (App. St.). Lima would be a good fit talent wise for the non revenue sports in a small school league.
I would think Lima Senior is way too big for the MAC or BVC. LCC on the other hand would be the right size.