Northwest Ohio Realignment

Whatever happens throughout all of this, it won't solve the underlying problems of our region. Clay will still get crushed in most sports. Whitmer will get as many TPS families as it can. Fremont will have good teams every 5 years. Napoleon and Bowling Green will get tired of playing bigger schools, despite whatever small school division they are placed in.

Perrysburg and Anthony Wayne will continue to win the vast majority of championships. Long term, Napoleon, BG, Fremont, Springfield, and Clay cannot compete with the wealthy suburban schools. There will be individual good runs, like Napoleon in girls basketball currently. But the NLL will be dominated by two schools.

When the dust settles and it is realized that the grass wasnt greener, who will be left to blame?

You're not really saying anything here. You're describing a zero-sum game. To beat that, you go after the zero-sum. Same thing I've been saying for two decades. The population hasn't decreased. It has increased. Participation has decreased. If football goes away tomorrow, nothing in the larger scheme is lost. I said many years ago that one or a few dominant teams built on the backs of others is one sure way to kill it and that is what has been happening.

If those old jocks whose life worth seems to depend upon this or any sport wishes it to thrive, they're not going to do it by tricking the system to dominant it. They'll work together with their competitors to build the infrastructure and then not rob it.

Me? I'll just learn to like soccer.

Whatever happens throughout all of this, it won't solve the underlying problems of our region. Clay will still get crushed in most sports. Whitmer will get as many TPS families as it can. Fremont will have good teams every 5 years. Napoleon and Bowling Green will get tired of playing bigger schools, despite whatever small school division they are placed in.

Perrysburg and Anthony Wayne will continue to win the vast majority of championships. Long term, Napoleon, BG, Fremont, Springfield, and Clay cannot compete with the wealthy suburban schools. There will be individual good runs, like Napoleon in girls basketball currently. But the NLL will be dominated by two schools.

When the dust settles and it is realized that the grass wasnt greener, who will be left to blame?
I feel left out. :ROFLMAO:

The only underlying problem is vouchers. Period.

With the expansion of EdChoice the private schools are actively holding recruitment sessions in suburban districts on how to use vouchers. The public schools have simply said enough is enough. The straw that broke the camels back was the private schools disregarding of the Lucas County covid mandate. The private schools are not playing by the same rules and the system is designed for them to exploit their public counterparts. This is simply a counter-measure.

If private schools would simply remain private, as they were when you and I attended them, there would be zero issues. Then again, I'm fairly certain TCC and Stritch would have closed their doors by now.

They won't be dominating the small school division.

Seen somewhere else that there’s a rumor of Arcadia has applied for the SBC River. If true then the BVC might be losing another school.

They won't be dominating the small school division.
We currently do not have a small school division.

I think one thing not talked about enough is how competitive the TRAC is really. Look at football this year, you had 5 pretty good damn teams which is rare for any conference. I'll say this though, that's incorrect with Clay. They're pretty damn competitive in the non-revenue sports, especially wrestling and softball

@FHSAthletic Twitter posted that students can submit division names for the NLL. I am unable to access the Google docs but apparently they have the schools in divisions for this "contest".

Last edited:
A reading from the prophet East is Best. You can now come down off your pulpit.

Your keyboard warrior bravery is matched only by your bravery at yelling at kids to get off your lawn.

Keyboard warrior? Did I threaten you? "Prophet" If anything I predicted, it was well over a decade ago and it came to pass as I said it would. Simple observation of what was going on in the area. The only thing I predicted recently was that you'll be fine in the separation and most likely stronger if you do it right. Is that an insult to you? Do you even know what words mean? I'll be considerate to the school and just assume your problem doesn't lie in the education, you just skipped class.

You're just driveling down your shirt here. Show some warrier yourself; dispute the facts or how they're put together instead of hiding behind the rest of the scoobie gang going "oh yeah" and throwing out diminutives. :?

The only underlying problem is vouchers. Period.

With the expansion of EdChoice the private schools are actively holding recruitment sessions in suburban districts on how to use vouchers. The public schools have simply said enough is enough. The straw that broke the camels back was the private schools disregarding of the Lucas County covid mandate. The private schools are not playing by the same rules and the system is designed for them to exploit their public counterparts. This is simply a counter-measure.

If private schools would simply remain private, as they were when you and I attended them, there would be zero issues. Then again, I'm fairly certain TCC and Stritch would have closed their doors by now.

NOT, if they had been properly run. If we hedge words then words will get spun.

EdChoice is corporate welfare, plain and simple. Vouchers are not meant to address education disparities. There are no repercussions for failure. As you're aware, the numbers do not support that they have been sucessful, let alone more successful in the education of the vouchered students at least not by the private schools. Not even within their supposed better environments.

EdChoice is meant to prop up private, primarily Catholic run schools that failed in their business and private schools are using it to profit by continuing to pick and choose who they let in the doors.

I wouldn't find it optimal but if vouchers were granted by a 3rd party lottery, let them have at it. Forbid the pick and choose at least as far as the vouchered students. Give them one chance. Second failure they refund the money to the state. More optimally, I would say since the vouchered student is such an academic at-risk casualty, they are to focus on education and not permitted athletics. This to avoid the real reason the schools are letting them in the doors. The private schools using vouchers to prop up their economics should be taking the same chance at losing funding as the schools from which they are enrolling students.. Maybe then they'll pay the same attention to the education of their vouchered athletes and students as they do the paying customers.

Last edited:
I feel left out. :ROFLMAO:
He pretty much described every district anywhere. It's his/hers pitiful attempt to scare the "little guys" I guess? Not sure at all if there's some intent or if it's just a rambling vent. because he's feeling (his school is) left out.

What am I missing? What do the private schools, particularly Cherry St have to lose that their trying to keep this NLL from happening? Do they really think those "little guys" feel they have a better chances against the private schools than against PBURG, AW and Whitmer and not forgetting Fremont and Findlay?

It seems to me they landed better. It seems to me that both parties landed better. Their coordinated attacks here indicate they're afraid of something. What exactly do you think has the Cherry St scoobie crowd so spooked by the NLL publics not scheduling them?

NOT, if they had been properly run. If we hedge words then words will get spun.

EdChoice is corporate welfare, plain and simple. Vouchers are not meant to address education disparities. There are no repercussions for failure. As you're aware, the numbers do not support that they have been sucessful, let alone more successful in the education of the vouchered students at least not by the private schools. Not even within their supposed better environments.

EdChoice is meant to prop up private, primarily Catholic run schools that failed in their business and private schools are using it to profit by continuing to pick and choose who they let in the doors.

I wouldn't find it optimal but if vouchers were granted by a 3rd party lottery, let them have at it. Forbid the pick and choose at least as far as the vouchered students. Give them one chance. Second failure they refund the money to the state. More optimally, I would say since the vouchered student is such an academic at-risk casualty, they are to focus on education and not permitted athletics. This to avoid the real reason the schools are letting them in the doors. The private schools using vouchers to prop up their economics should be taking the same chance at losing funding as the schools from which they are enrolling students.. Maybe then they'll pay the same attention to the education of their vouchered athletes and students as they do the paying customers.
Amen Prophet.

Could not agree more with the last paragraph.

@FHSAthletic Twitter posted that students can submit division names for the NLL. I am unable to access the Google docs but apparently they have the schools in divisions for this "contest".
Yeah...there are absolutely already divisions lined up, at the moment, the big school division has 5 in alignment. If they find a 12th, Fremont Ross would be moved up to fill the 6th spot by their own recommendation (and Springfield's spirited support).

Big-
Whitmer, Findlay, Perrysburg, Anthony Wayne, Northview

Small-
Springfield, Fremont, Clay, Napoleon, Bowling Green, Southview

I read on another site that Arcadia applied to join the SBC River. Does anyone on here know if this has legs to stand on?

I read on another site that Arcadia applied to join the SBC River. Does anyone on here know if this has legs to stand on?
No idea, but if true, it leaves the BVC was:
LB
McComb
VB
Elmwood
PG
Arlington
Riverdale
Vanlue
The Lue wont last forever so having a backup plan will need to happen, but by and large a good mix of D5-7 schools with solid athletic programs

No idea, but if true, it leaves the BVC was:
LB
McComb
VB
Elmwood
PG
Arlington
Riverdale
Vanlue
The Lue wont last forever so having a backup plan will need to happen, but by and large a good mix of D5-7 schools with solid athletic programs
Riverdale won't last long with CR, Arcadia, NB, and eventually Vanlue out.

Yeah...there are absolutely already divisions lined up, at the moment, the big school division has 5 in alignment. If they find a 12th, Fremont Ross would be moved up to fill the 6th spot by their own recommendation (and Springfield's spirited support).

Big-
Whitmer, Findlay, Perrysburg, Anthony Wayne, Northview

Small-
Springfield, Fremont, Clay, Napoleon, Bowling Green, Southview
I wouldn't be surprised when next enrollment comes out that Springfield is bigger than Northview and Fremont.

Arcadia is exploring their options...haven't applied. Not sure it will go anywhere, with current set up. The division is full from what I understand.

The NWCC is at 10 football playing schools now with the addition of NB and CR. I wonder if they'd consider further expansion or are satisfied with where things are?

Crestline is a football only member and Temple Christian is the lone program without football so they balance each other out.

I wouldn't be surprised when next enrollment comes out that Springfield is bigger than Northview and Fremont.
Fremont wouldn't be surprising at all to me either (they are only 2 students larger at the moment)...Northview on the other hand would be. With the numbers in the middle schools, even with the redistricting coming into play in their numbers finally, I don't see them losing 70 guys (Springfield's numbers are smaller in the Freshman and 8th grade classes than they've been in about 20 years based on some convos I've had). Hell, I could actually see Clay jumping both Fremont and Springfield too.

All that being said, I've had it on pretty good authority that Springfield will be in the lower division for the first alignment/orientation of teams regardless of how their enrollment stacks up with Fremont.

The NWCC is at 10 football playing schools now with the addition of NB and CR. I wonder if they'd consider further expansion or are satisfied with where things are?

Crestline is a football only member and Temple Christian is the lone program without football so they balance each other out.
The NWCC is really the only option for Riverdale if they ever want to jump ship from the BVC. The only other options would find their athletic teams struggling just as much, so they might be stuck whether they like it or not.

Fremont wouldn't be surprising at all to me either (they are only 2 students larger at the moment)...Northview on the other hand would be. With the numbers in the middle schools, even with the redistricting coming into play in their numbers finally, I don't see them losing 70 guys (Springfield's numbers are smaller in the Freshman and 8th grade classes than they've been in about 20 years based on some convos I've had). Hell, I could actually see Clay jumping both Fremont and Springfield too.

All that being said, I've had it on pretty good authority that Springfield will be in the lower division for the first alignment/orientation of teams regardless of how their enrollment stacks up with Fremont.
My periodic reminder/troll post:

Ross will not be joining the Lake.

Everyone is welcome

The NWCC is really the only option for Riverdale if they ever want to jump ship from the BVC. The only other options would find their athletic teams struggling just as much, so they might be stuck whether they like it or not.
If the Northern 10 ever wanted to get to 10 schools then what about Riverdale and Willard joining them? Just an idea