Northwest Ohio Realignment

Can also pick up beer and pop on the way home without having to pay the 10 cent deposit...
Yeah, I'm sure logistically they'd love it even though they are very open about never wanting to play Whitmer again because of the beating they were taking at the end. Are the playoff restrictions on games played out of state still around for Michigan schools? Is OHSAA still against having conferences that cross state lines? That would be the be-all/end-all.

Hell, just looking at drives, if Bedford ended up in the big school division, their longest drive would be the same (Bedford to Dexter is 1 hour, Bedford to Findlay is 1 hour), but they'd have Whitmer, Northview, Springfield, Perrysburg, and Anthony Wayne all under 30 minute drives for them as opposed to being forced to drive to Ann Arbor every away game.

Last edited:
"I can't see Lima going north for a league" is a hell of a take, considering they're in a north league at the moment.

Also, beggars can't be choosers.
They made trips to Cincy for all sports for a while plus the league they are now in is imploding. They're as close to Dayton as they are Toledo and it appears as though the options north of Lima are drying up. How would you assess their chances? The conferences they have been in have either bounced them when they were loaded or were dissolved. They weren't begging anyone.

Are you sure you're not a Catholic with your holy than thou posts? Good grief guy, if there was an award for "Most Sanctimonious Poster" you'd be the clear cut winner. Holy smokes.
There was no "holier than thou," there. Good grief guy, it's just a restatement of facts. If there was an award for "Most drama queen Poster" you'd be the clear cut winner. Holy smokes.

:ROFLMAO:

Why are the privates having such a hard time moving on from the divorce they gave case for? Move on, it will be fine. Should be better for the private schools, why this sudden bringing up of old news from the Cherry St squad? (rhetorical).

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm sure logistically they'd love it even though they are very open about never wanting to play Whitmer again because of the beating they were taking at the end. Are the playoff restrictions on games played out of state still around for Michigan schools? Is OHSAA still against having conferences that cross state lines? That would be the be-all/end-all.

Hell, just looking at drives, if Bedford ended up in the big school division, their longest drive would be the same (Bedford to Dexter is 1 hour, Bedford to Findlay is 1 hour), but they'd have Whitmer, Northview, Springfield, Perrysburg, and Anthony Wayne all under 30 minute drives for them as opposed to being forced to drive to Ann Arbor every away game.

I don't think after the initial response anyone is seriously proposing Bedford would want to change leagues. People just funning.

Highly doubt Start would be allowed to split from the TCL as it's part of the Toledo Public School System, as is the rest of the TCL.

I don't think Bedford wants to be in another all Ohio league (old GLL). They seem to have a good system in place already. What benefits would they receive from joining the NLL.
I agree. Start is the only school in the TCL with anything closw to a robust overall sports program. Detaching Start would leave the rest of the TCL schools with an even worse circumstance.
Would Start ever be a viable option for the NLL? I think they could compete athletically but could they even branch away from the other publics?

What about Bedford?
Bedford would be a perfect fit for the NLL; except for the state line right there. If Bedford could somehow join the OHSAA and play Ohio teams, than maybe. But with them being in Michigan and having to go north for their games and playoffs, it wouldn't make sense.

Last edited:

Biggest issue with crossing state lines is differences in the AA's schedule. Heck if I'm not mistaken Michigan even has some sports in different seasons than us in Ohio right?

Biggest issue with crossing state lines is differences in the AA's schedule. Heck if I'm not mistaken Michigan even has some sports in different seasons than us in Ohio right?
Girls soccer is one of them. But if they played an Ohio schedule, Im sure they would adjust. Never going to happen though.

The commissioner of the Detroit league said that they could join in any sports that they choose.

Could or would Lima be a fit in the MAC, BVC, or WBL or whatever other conference for other sports? Did you know that Cleveland St. , Georgia Southern, Appalachian St., and the Mountaineers of West Virginia are all members of the Mid American Conference?

They all are as affiliate members for wrestling (CSU), men's soccer (GSU and WVU), and field hockey (App. St.). Lima would be a good fit talent wise for the non revenue sports in a small school league.
I would think Lima Senior is way too big for the MAC or BVC. LCC on the other hand would be the right size.

I would think Lima Senior is way too big for the MAC or BVC. LCC on the other hand would be the right size.
And competitive as well. Lima Senior would get throttled in quite a few sports in the MAC, that league is dominant across the damn board. Hell basically all the Volleyball state championships since the 90s in D3 & D4 have been won by MAC schools or neighboring Sidney Lehman Catholic/Jackson Center

The commissioner of the Detroit league said that they could join in any sports that they choose.

Then they landed quite nicely. What's all this sudden focus on Whitmer by the Cherry St crowd? They're not exactly histrical rivals of any sort and they're acting like they've been jilted. Typical abuser behavior. Just move on.

Instead of one strong league and a bunch of medium to weak leagues, we have the potential for two strong leagues even if not what made the original unique. The days of blue and red are gone and aren't coming back. Make lemonade.

Girls soccer is one of them. But if they played an Ohio schedule, Im sure they would adjust. Never going to happen though.

Not for football or basketball. For the small sports. As an affiliate member. Believe me, most of their other sports do not have a lot of participation. A MAC or BVC school will probably have more players than Lima in most of the other sports.

Would the private schools have that same problem forming a league with the Detroit's?
No. For the ones that don't have a congruent schedule, they would likely be independent. Girls soccer isn't an issue between the TRAC and NLL. NDA and SUA play a mini NLL schedule already.

No. For the ones that don't have a congruent schedule, they would likely be independent. Girls soccer isn't an issue between the TRAC and NLL. NDA and SUA play a mini NLL schedule already.

Since it's football forum, thinking from that POV isn't anyone else excited about the idea? For that matter, Whitmer has already played the Detroit Catcholics, it would be nice to see the larger NLL schools playing the districts south of Detroit. River Rouge, Belleville and the Dearborn schools bring good talent and good coaching. Saline is just up the road. They just seem like more interesting match-ups to me than hustling all the way to Dayton, Columbus and Akron and they're closer. With 16 team play-offs, a lot opens up as far as scheduling.

Would the private schools have that same problem forming a league with the Detroit's?
My guess is that this hypothetical would only extend to football and maybe baseball. Volleyball, both soccers, golf, and tennis are in other seasons and basketball would get steam rolled...but like you said and I know, this is a thought exercise more than a realistic idea, Bedford will never join a conference where they have to play Whitmer again.

My guess is that this hypothetical would only extend to football and maybe baseball. Volleyball, both soccers, golf, and tennis are in other seasons and basketball would get steam rolled...but like you said and I know, this is a thought exercise more than a realistic idea, Bedford will never join a conference where they have to play Whitmer again.
Boys soccer is a fall sport in Michigan. Girls soccer is in spring.

Why does Michigan play golf in the spring? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Do they use batting cages for driving ranges in February? ?

Would seem to be rather VERY cold in certain parts of Michigan in the Spring. They probably combine golf with ice hockey. Putt-putt on skates.

As if it isn't VERY cold in certain parts of Michigan in the fall?
Ohio Gold state championships are in October. You're right, upper Michigan is running highs in the 50s in October. Maybe they extend theirs past the end of school in June?

Why does Michigan play golf in the spring? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Do they use batting cages for driving ranges in February? ?
They start up in mid-March with practices, I don't think competition starts until early April, and they don't end until the 2nd week of June. Remember, Michigan schools don't start until after Labor Day, meaning their school years end much later than most of the Ohio schools.

Then they landed quite nicely. What's all this sudden focus on Whitmer by the Cherry St crowd? They're not exactly histrical rivals of any sort and they're acting like they've been jilted. Typical abuser behavior. Just move on.

Instead of one strong league and a bunch of medium to weak leagues, we have the potential for two strong leagues even if not what made the original unique. The days of blue and red are gone and aren't coming back. Make lemonade.
Since Whitmer had a strong enough program to absorb the blow of vouchers dumbarses believe it legitamizes their use.

The TCL allowed the private schools to arse rape them for years. One TPS AD even acted like he enjoyed it. The NLL and TRAC publics will not. There will be no more Mr. Nice Guy with the private schools, especially CC, which has gamed the system brilliantly. They should have fun scheduling freshman games in Cleveland and Detroit on Wednesday nights. Probably have to charge more for tailgate parking. :ROFLMAO:

Since Whitmer had a strong enough program to absorb the blow of vouchers dumbarses believe it legitamizes their use.

The TCL allowed the private schools to arse rape them for years. One TPS AD even acted like he enjoyed it. The NLL and TRAC publics will not. There will be no more Mr. Nice Guy with the private schools, especially CC, which has gamed the system brilliantly. They should have fun scheduling freshman games in Cleveland and Detroit on Wednesday nights. Probably have to charge more for tailgate parking. :ROFLMAO:

”I think if rape is inevitable, relax and enjoy it.” - Bobby Knight, In a 1988 television interview, NBC reporter Connie Chung