GCL Co-Ed 2021

Alter manhandled CJ’s line. Frosh LB for CJ stretched off to the hospital. Colvin needs a deep look into his program after this one. Prayers for Keymaurie Boykin

Badin rolled tonight, I think they lost a starter on the O-Line, hopefully that doesn’t hurt them in the next couple weeks. They look really good

McNicholas loss to Badin wasn’t unexpected but Badin is even better then I first thought. I still think they will be playing in Canton. I don’t believe McNick had any serious injuries so they should be healthy next week. A Badin OL went down early and never returned hopefully not too serious.

McNicholas loss to Badin wasn’t unexpected but Badin is even better then I first thought. I still think they will be playing in Canton. I don’t believe McNick had any serious injuries so they should be healthy next week. A Badin OL went down early and never returned hopefully not too serious.
Badin’s offense has caught up to their defense, might be the best Badin team in a long time. Hope you’re right about Canton, the matchups for the first two rounds look favorable. Good luck to the Rockets going forward I’ll be rooting hard for them

Agreed. There was a very small sliver of hope coming out of half, but the costly pick 6 to let Badin go back up 21 pretty much sealed it. The better team won. Good luck to Badin, Alter and CJ. I'd like to think McNick has a pretty good shot to get by in the first two rounds. From there, Eaton is the only squad in the top 5 I don't know much about.

If the current Eitel numbers hold Alter may have a puncher's chance to pull off a 15/2 upset. Monroe sits at #2 , Alter at # 15. Heavy underdogs versus a SWBL powerhouse but a shot at getting over 500 on the season. C-J might have a similar shot vs a traditional run heavy St Mary's on the road. Badin's region to lose IMO.

If the current Eitel numbers hold Alter may have a puncher's chance to pull off a 15/2 upset. Monroe sits at #2 , Alter at # 15. Heavy underdogs versus a SWBL powerhouse but a shot at getting over 500 on the season. C-J might have a similar shot vs a traditional run heavy St Mary's on the road. Badin's region to lose IMO.
Alter will beat Monroe

Yep. If Alter shows up they win that matchup IMO.

I honestly think CJ fears Alter.
Good deduction. 41-20-1 all time. 1st 10 years Chaminade had about a 3-1 boy -to-boy ratio. If not fear, then a pretty healthy sense of reality. In it's championship year ( 2002) C-J got pummeled by an Alter team playing a division down. No love lost in that series from jump. Chaminade had the city to itself for years prior to Carroll and Alter launching. The head scratcher in the trinity is Carroll.

CJ will play Ross I believe.

Good deduction. 41-20-1 all time. 1st 10 years Chaminade had about a 3-1 boy -to-boy ratio. If not fear, then a pretty healthy sense of reality. In it's championship year ( 2002) C-J got pummeled by an Alter team playing a division down. No love lost in that series from jump. Chaminade had the city to itself for years prior to Carroll and Alter launching. The head scratcher in the trinity is Carroll.
Chaminade had a numbers advantage for maybe five years. Alter was immediately big school division in all sports. When the State went to divisions in the early 90’s both were D2. Check the basketball competition and other sports. Other than soccer CJ has definitely held their own.

Playoff matchups:1st Round predictions

Badin 42
Butler. 6

CJ 24
Ross 35

McNick. 28
Washington 13

Alter 31
Monroe 21

Old Coed:

Purcell Marian 20
Springfield Shawnee 21

Bacon 35
East Clinton 14

I’m going for sure I would pay $100 to see the self proclaimed king of Ohio football and the future king of the Big Ten and the rest of those defensive D1 players that they have
Well he did whatever he wanted to the Eagles Friday night; Dude has been playing lights out all year for Alter. Loved the Pick 6 at the end of the game; CJ was down 20+ and still trying to throw and score on the last play of the game so serves them right for getting another score put up on them.

#15 seed Alter definitely has a great draw into the tourney. Wouldn't underestimate anybody come playoffs (even though its 16 teams and not 8); I do bet Monroe wasn't thrilled as a whole drawing Alter first round but its anybody's game at this point.

Lot of DIII Region 12 running teams between the wishbone, wing T, and flex option.

Prediction:
Alter 35
Monroe 14

Don't know if the new turf will help them win games.
I am glad to see the change, but will miss the grass. I always enjoy seeing the boys of the GCL get after it on some old fashioned hardnosed grass. It was a well kept field but it is time for a change. I hope that this helps with their athletics because there has been a steady decline in their sports over the last few years. Anyone know anything about the millions of dollars that they are in debt?

America, I don’t think so this year. I watched Fenwick and Carroll both this year. Both are not good. Still not sure how Fenwick beat Franklin. The point is, Monroe, Bellbrook, Eaton and evening VV in my opinion beats everyone in the coed except Badin and possibly mcnick. Most years the upper hand would go to the coed with no doubt. I just feel that the coed is on a downward spiral.
I guess we will see this week. Alter plays Monroe who beat Eaton who beat Valley View.

Not saying they aren’t a good team, the loss and by how much to Bellbrook leads me to bet on Alter to beat them
I was at that game and Bellbrook did dominate, but Monroe had a really off night. I've seen them play several times this year and they looked out of sorts. Bellbrook recovered two pooch kicks and Monroe only ran 4 plays in the first quarter. They looked stunned after that. Monroe turned around and beat Eaton the next week, who was 9-0 and beat Bellbrook earlier in the season. I don't like the draw for Monroe or really anybody in the top 4 outside of Badin, but Monroe is a good football team that can pound the rock and control the clock. I've seen Alter play several times this year as well and prior to the CJ game I wouldn't have thought they stood a chance. IMO, Alter will have their work cut out for them to win this game if Monroe shows up ready to play.

I was at that game and Bellbrook did dominate, but Monroe had a really off night. I've seen them play several times this year and they looked out of sorts. Bellbrook recovered two pooch kicks and Monroe only ran 4 plays in the first quarter. They looked stunned after that. Monroe turned around and beat Eaton the next week, who was 9-0 and beat Bellbrook earlier in the season. I don't like the draw for Monroe or really anybody in the top 4 outside of Badin, but Monroe is a good football team that can pound the rock and control the clock. I've seen Alter play several times this year as well and prior to the CJ game I wouldn't have thought they stood a chance. IMO, Alter will have their work cut out for them to win this game if Monroe shows up ready to play.
This is essentially a redemption game of Fairmont for Alter. Very very similar and offensive play style. I do think Alter learned from their mistakes from the Fairmont game. People taking backdoors, linebackers not filling, broken plays, etc. They will sit in a 5-4 and will not have to worry about the Monroe passing threat much. Alter has a great core of linebackers led by Seniors CJ Hicks and Lynell Collier, as well as safety/LB Mike Lantz. This will be a good game but with Alters offense beginning to gel, and the shotgun run game proved to be the downfall of CJ. The passing game has also improved and the Frosh QB for Alter is showing his cousin like skills of Bazelak.

Good is a relative term at Fenwick. Sound quite satisfied with their 3 wins. 3 wins might be good enough for .500 next year when the Covid Zeta is around and they can't play Alter, Badin, CJ and McNick. Can't beat them, just avoid them.