GCL Co-Ed 2021

If the Rockets struggle to beat Bethel Tate then they won’t get any further then R3.
If the Rockets struggle to beat Bethel Tate then they won’t get any further then R3.
I wouldn’t go that far you maybe under rating Bethel. It’s difficult to know as they have played a very soft schedule. I wish they had played Massie that would be a better barometer.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t go that far you maybe be under rating Bethel. It’s difficult to know as they have played a very soft schedule. I wish they had played Massie that would be a better barometer.
They played Taft to a two point loss. Threw 5ints in that game. Running back ran for 180 in the game. Taft is still alive in d5. Last year in playoff vs massie they got shell shocked in 1st qtr then played massie to a tie I do believe.

OSHAA Round2: Trying not to be a Coed homer and did as much research as I could online and from threads on this site:

McNick. 34 Bethel Tate 13
Badin 35 Shawnee 7
CJ 30 StMary 28
Alter 24 Tipp 21

They played Taft to a two point loss. Threw 5ints in that game. Running back ran for 180 in the game. Taft is still alive in d5. Last year in playoff vs massie they got shell shocked in 1st qtr then played massie to a tie I do believe.
?

That's an inaccurate assessment of bethels program this year. Do they operate out of the gun exclusively? Yes. But they're almost 50/50 run pass on the year and have a back up over 1300yds this year I believe. They aren't small up front on either side and play physical, sound defense. McNick is likely to win but I strongly doubt it'll be a walk over
Help me understand the Fayettville tape

Riddle me this Red and Gold. Why is Joe Snivley not the coach at Fenwick on 10/30/21. I’m guessing you know the story behind it. Same with Kreke. Yup...both sports are in much better state without them. Glad the checks cleared
I’m definitely a supporter of Kreke. Very good coach, better man. True mystery.

Help me understand the Fayettville tape
To be clear, I think mcnick wins the game. But I don't think its going to be the cake walk most people think its going to be. Maybe im just an sbaac homer(I played/coached in the league for 20 years) but I think the tigers will make a game of it.

To be clear, I think mcnick wins the game. But I don't think its going to be the cake walk most people think its going to be. Maybe im just an sbaac homer(I played/coached in the league for 20 years) but I think the tigers will make a game of it.
Stand up dude, I appreciate the response. I'm pretty sure I know how this ends, but will keep it to myself. I hope you can come to the game.

I respect the fact that you support your team but being in the league for 20 years, you know how weak that league is. There have been teams go 10-0 and not make the playoffs, or make the playoffs and get bent over in the first round.

Other than CM, what sbaac team has ever made a run in the postseason? Maybe NR or WB at some point?

I respect the fact that you support your team but being in the league for 20 years, you know how weak that league is. There have been teams go 10-0 and not make the playoffs, or make the playoffs and get bent over in the first round.

Other than CM, what sbaac team has ever made a run in the postseason? Maybe NR or WB at some point?
Bethel isn't my team. Unfortunately thatd be Batavia(I know, I know don't get me started). As far as playoff success its mostly been CM. East Clinton made w regional final I think in the mid 00s. NR has won some games. Dont think WB had won a game till last year. Batavia has won 1. Bethel beat Waynesville last year. So yes, obviously the sbaac doesn't have a strong history of great success in the playoffs. Doesnt mean every team in it every year is god awful though either.

Go back to 8 teams and not every team making the playoffs because of Covid and expansions to 6 and the only team who's accomplished a regional final appearance or greater in the past 15 years has been Massie unless I'm forgetting a river school from awhile back

So two Coeds remaining. I think both have a real chance to win Regions 12 and 16. Better odds for Badin.

Bethel isn't my team. Unfortunately thatd be Batavia(I know, I know don't get me started). As far as playoff success its mostly been CM. East Clinton made w regional final I think in the mid 00s. NR has won some games. Dont think WB had won a game till last year. Batavia has won 1. Bethel beat Waynesville last year. So yes, obviously the sbaac doesn't have a strong history of great success in the playoffs. Doesnt mean every team in it every year is god awful though either.

I'll admit when I was wrong...looks like bethel is imploding. Not much goin right for them at all.
GCL > sbaac

Stating that they imploded, is not admitting you were wrong - that sounds like an excuse. ;)

GCL > sbaac

Stating that they imploded, is not admitting you were wrong - that sounds like an excuse. ;)
Never once said that the sbaac was better that would probably be the most idiotic statement ever writing on yappi...and thats saying something haha.. I also never said bethel would win. I was expecting a better showing nothing more nothing less.

For what it’s worth the SBAAC also still has two teams alive in division III and IV. Western Brown and Massie could both win region 11 and 16. And I’m definitely not a fan of the SBAAC.
I’m not sure how many teams can keep up with the Bronco offense. My gosh they are fun to watch.