GCL Co-Ed 2021

Going out in a limb, well not really if you trust the rumors, Fred Cranford era at Fenwick part 2 begins in a couple of weeks.

I agree. Very scrappy team. If McNick didn't lose their QB last season they beat Badin in that game imo
Agreed. Our current qb wasn’t prepared to play back up last year and the young man we rolled out struggled mightily at qb and punter. He is neither this year but a fine two way starter at other positions.

Also, if you’re traveling to McNick, get there as early as possible. The home crowds have been crazy big and we assemble between 5 to 530 on game day. You can also park at Guardian Angel across the street if you have to arrive closer to game time. There is a crosswalk/light to cross Beechmont.

Predictions:

Toilet bowl of Fenwick vs Carroll; I'll take Fenwick by 14 at the swamp.
GCL bragging rights on the line: I'll take Badin by 7
Alter-CJ: Toss up; either CJ rolls by 21 or finds a way to lose the game on the last play like 2 years ago and sends Alter packing; Traditionally speaking, if it was an 8 team playoffs; Alter would have been eliminated after Week 6.

Without researching much would bet it's likely there isn't a player in the league who was born the last time 2 Central teams stood atop the Coed. Refreshing change. Alter, in particular, was due a wakeup call. Should be interesting to see if this year's version can tighten up enough to compete with C-J. If not they will be ragged years forward by other classes 1st for getting bageled in the 2 major rivalry games ( Fairmont & C-J) and 2nd for pissing away an enviable playoff streak. You don't get many fraternity style points for saying, hey, but we beat Carroll ! Knut kutting time for the Knights.

Without researching much would bet it's likely there isn't a player in the league who was born the last time 2 Central teams stood atop the Coed. Refreshing change. Alter, in particular, was due a wakeup call. Should be interesting to see if this year's version can tighten up enough to compete with C-J. If not they will be ragged years forward by other classes 1st for getting bageled in the 2 major rivalry games ( Fairmont & C-J) and 2nd for pissing away an enviable playoff streak. You don't get many fraternity style points for saying, hey, but we beat Carroll ! Knut kutting time for the Knights.
Hard to be on top forever... Win or lose I would guess it is not the year Alter planned on. But I would guess they will be back on top soon enough.

And Badin very well could have to play Trotwood in round one. Nice prize for the number one seed ?
True. However if Badin can't handle the '21 version of TW they were never contenders anyway.

It will be a log jam between #13-17 team in this region. If CJ loses to Alter then the Rams could see that rematch, highly likely they see NW again OR Alter sneaks in at #16 with a loss to CJ.

If I were rating likelihood of Badin opponents in RD 1 I'd say:

1. Northwest
2. Alter
3. Butler
4. CJ (with a loss to Alter)

Going out in a limb, well not really if you trust the rumors, Fred Cranford era at Fenwick part 2 begins in a couple of weeks.
Interesting, I would think they give Mueller another year before they do anything. Maybe after next year if things don't go well.

True. However if Badin can't handle the '21 version of TW they were never contenders anyway.

It will be a log jam between #13-17 team in this region. If CJ loses to Alter then the Rams could see that rematch, highly likely they see NW again OR Alter sneaks in at #16 with a loss to CJ.

1. Northwest
2. Alter
3. Butler
Is there a chance Alter could get in with a loss to CJ?

Is there a chance Alter could get in with a loss to CJ?
Yes. According to Joe Eitels "max-min average lose out" they potentially have enough points to slide in that 16 seed with a loss. Really all depends on their L2 support from wins and L2 support of teams in the same area of seeding. Going to be tight if they lose.

1. Northwest
2. Alter
3. Butler
I think Badin will beat Trotwood but the number one seed should get a patsy like Alter ?

Yes. According to Joe Eitels "max-min average lose out" they potentially have enough points to slide in that 16 seed with a loss. Really all depends on their L2 support from wins and L2 support of teams in the same area of seeding. Going to be tight if they lose.
Thank you for the info

If I’m reading Joe Eitel correctly with a loss tomorrow McNick can do no worse then a 3rd seed which is where they currently stand.

Same story, different year. CJ has the athletes to compete but gets manhandled upfront. Congrats to Alter on a much needed win.