GCL Co-Ed 2021

It does seem odd that across the state, very few really good teams are having Covid issues. Winning must be an alternative therapy for the virus.
It appears that the other fall sports have not been affected by the covid fallout that has hit the football team. One would think with contact tracing in a relatively small school other athletics may be affected. Kudos to those staffs for keeping the infection spread down.

Monroe, Bellbrook, Eaton, and Valley View would smoke both Fenwick and Carroll. I'm a big follower of both leagues and those teams are all solid DIII and DIV teams.
Let’s see how they do in the playoffs. Just for record, I don’t think any GCL team will win more than one playoff game other Badin this year.

Let’s see how they do in the playoffs. Just for record, I don’t think any GCL team will win more than one playoff game other Badin this year.
Not disagreeing as a whole; will be interesting to see how the final seedings playout; hold that thought for now and looking forward to discussing it in a 10 days

So only 2 games this week: Weather may be a factor.

Alter 42 Carroll 0
McNick 21 CJ 14

From what I hear CJ likes to sling it. Rockets pass defense has been solid although I’m not sure they have seen any really good passing teams. If the weather is bad CJ may have issues. I’m going with a low scoring affair but if the rain hold off the score may be higher. McNick has a pretty good passing game also.

Missed extra point for CJ? I thought I heard that they lost their place kicker recently.
No they went for 2. McNick db tipped it away from receiver in back of the end zone. McNick tied it up on a70 yd drive with a FG with 1 second left. Fun game.(if you win)

Bad luck for CJ on these win-or-lose plays, fortunately it wasn’t the playoffs this time.

Nesta seriously needs discipline, two personal fouls, including slamming the QB on a sure sack on the game-tying drive. Good game nevertheless, beat Alter now.

This week give me:

Conf Title Game:
The Rams, McNick is a good team and will give Badin fits but I'm taking the Rams.

The Rival Game:
The Eagles, CJ is coming off 2 tough loses but they are better than Alter. Give me CJ by 2 TDs

The "COVID IS CURED" Game:
The Falcons??? No idea really 2 really bad teams. 1 gets to end the year with W, then ride off into the long winter.

I'm going out on a limb and predicting
Badin 31
McNick 17
That’s close to what I’m thinking although last year it was 10-7 Rams ? With Mcnick losing their QB in the first half. I’ve seen most of McNicks games in person and they are an undersized but resilient bunch so nothing would surprise me with them. My hope is for a good game with no injuries going into the postseason. I think both teams have a real chance to win their region.

That’s close to what I’m thinking although last year it was 10-7 Rams ? With Mcnick losing their QB in the first half. I’ve seen most of McNicks games in person and they are an undersized but resilient bunch so nothing would surprise me with them. My hope is for a good game with no injuries going into the postseason. I think both teams have a real chance to win their region.
I think it will be a hard fought game, but this is Badin's year it seems. Very cool that you have two undefeated teams playing in the final game with conference on the line.

I agree. Very scrappy team. If McNick didn't lose their QB last season they beat Badin in that game imo