Division I State Semifinal: Archbishop Moeller (11-3) vs. Springfield (12-1)

Who wins?

• Springfield by 17+

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Springfield by 8-16

Votes: 22 19.5%
  • Springfield by 1-7

Votes: 36 31.9%
  • Moeller by 1-7

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Moeller by 8-16

Votes: 14 12.4%
  • Moeller by 17+

Votes: 6 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m usually a public school guy all the way but this ohioangryboy has made me an honorary catholic for one week. I haven’t seen anyone go psycho like this in years.
And?? Who cares? Who cares who anyone supports for this game? The power, control and importance you give me over you to do anything because of me says much more about you.

Last edited:
A great defense puts a lot of pressure on an offense...and that causes mistakes, turnovers & losses. We'll see.
Marysville pressured alot. It will come down to Moeller's red zone defense and forcing FG attempts and/turnovers much like in last year's state semi

Heard from some sources that Moeller will have special secret plays that no one will know about til the time comes in the playoffs. So, its gonna be interesting.

Looking back at Moe this year and their scores. I say they score no more than 16 on the Wildcats. Will that be enough to win?
With this being the playoffs and how no one goes easily, I could see Moeller scoring 21 or possibly 28 points. But, if SHS's offense is clicking like last week, 28 points won't be enough. I'll say SHS gets up big 35-7, and then holds on during a furious comeback to win 42-28.

Last edited:
I have to admit, this game really has my attention. This looks like an awesome match-up. Wish I could go. Good luck to both teams. I hope they both have their 'A' games and that it is not decided by a bad or controversial call. I am going to go to Avon vs. Hoban Friday. I am going to do everything possible to not know the score. Then I'll pay the OHSAA.TV $9.99 and watch it if it's still available to watch on Saturday.

Thoughts on this game and early predictions for next week. Both teams have fast offenses tons of weapons aswell as great quarterbacks. Springfield is coming off another shutout while Moeller “upsets” Lakota west. Who will advance to the state championship game?
Don't know who will win but I can say who doesn't deserve to win. That would be Springfield. Not because of their Talent. They are a very talented team. But I have never seen a team show less class from The week leading up to the game all the way to after the game. They sent terrible posts about things that can't even be mentioned. They had fans getting on the Marysville busses after the game. This sort of lack of class was shown from coaches, fans and Players. I've never seen anything like it. I appreciate the Players from Springfield that were obvious being respectful after the game. To bad it had to go that way. I wish the best to both teams and wish a good safe game for all. May the best team win. It could go either way.

Don't know who will win but I can say who doesn't deserve to win. That would be Springfield. Not because of their Talent. They are a very talented team. But I have never seen a team show less class from The week leading up to the game all the way to after the game. They sent terrible posts about things that can't even be mentioned. They had fans getting on the Marysville busses after the game. This sort of lack of class was shown from coaches, fans and Players. I've never seen anything like it. I appreciate the Players from Springfield that were obvious being respectful after the game. To bad it had to go that way. I wish the best to both teams and wish a good safe game for all. May the best team win. It could go either way.
Was actually at that game and I can say that never happened.

This is a very terrible, mean-spirited thing to say about a bunch of HS kids you don't even know who worked really hard for their success and who built up this program from the ground up. You should be ashamed.?

I would say 99% of the anti SHS posts on these threads are for that purpose
Well, I must confess, I am a bit of a control freak. And, as you apparently can see, I am pretty good at it. The best, really. And, it hasn't been very hard. I do have to give a shout out to bomberinmonroe. He's the only one of you that's been onto me. He said that a while ago actually. 99% huh, wow! ?

Last edited:
The football team can’t control what fans do during or after the game. That has nothing to do with all the hard work and preparation to get to this point.

Definitely an interesting stat. What are your thoughts on Springfield’s schedule versus Moeller’s schedule? Are there any adjustments based on that? Maybe this is the year SHS finally beats a GCL South team.
Moeller's schedule is tougher but they gave up alot of points to teams that aren't considered the toughest, i.e. 59 to Elder, 28 to D2 Chaminade-Julienne, 28 to Princeton. The toughest defenses they faced were St Eds, St X and LW were they averaged around 21 ppg. Reasonable to assume they might get that against SHS if they avoid turnovers. Tbh, SHS lucked out getting an opponent at this level who yields 25 ppg on average. SHS might try scheduling Lakewood St Edward, Lakota West or Indianapolis Cathedral. Next year, I think they play St Ignatius in Cleveland. What's Wayne's outlook next year?

Last edited: