Division I State Semifinal: Archbishop Moeller (11-3) vs. Springfield (12-1)

Who wins?

• Springfield by 17+

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Springfield by 8-16

Votes: 22 19.5%
  • Springfield by 1-7

Votes: 36 31.9%
  • Moeller by 1-7

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Moeller by 8-16

Votes: 14 12.4%
  • Moeller by 17+

Votes: 6 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Whatever happened to Springfield South? Did they merge with someone?

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

AEW Champion is runnin’ the show

Springfield can get deep on Moeller almost at will, and Smoot's improvement at seeing underneath routes is miles above last year. Moe will have to hold them to no more than a FG on this opening drive, and keep working to pressure Smoot up the middle.

On the flip side, Moeller is running the ball alright, and Gesselbracht is starting to settle in more. Their soph RB is very good and getting better, Moe needs to lean on the run and hope it opens up the pass more. They can maybe get SHS to bite on the hitch and go, sluggo, or misdirection, don't think they can beat them on pure speed routes.

Fun game to watch so far.

Crappy audio. How bout a radio station. Maybe I can pick it up on iHeart Radio
It’s the service at the stadium- signal strength is not great. Lots of local sports journalists struggling with WiFi to tweet updates there also. The broadcast on spectrum is excellent

Screenshot_20211126-202131_Chrome.jpg

Moeller turnover on downs. Springfield with the ball with 1:24 left still up 22 to 21

I need to cover so I am going to need another TD for the CATS. Not sure if Moe has any timeouts left if not maybe they let the CATS score in order to get the ball back......

Great game. Congrats to both teams. Moeller ran the ? well but got completely blown up on the last drive when they tried to throw. Had 3 timeouts left and over 3 minutes left so surprising that they didn’t try to run it at least a few times on that last drive to try and get to field goal range.

Great game. Congrats to both teams. Moeller ran the ? well but got completely blown up on the last drive when they tried to throw. Had 3 timeouts left and over 3 minutes left so surprising that they didn’t try to run it at least a few times on that last drive to try and get to field goal range.
Totally agree- that was a head scratcher. Incredibly proud of this team- what a season! This was a great game- the kids on both sides showed a ton of grit and heart, it clearly meant everything to both teams to be there.

B09D0D25-2895-41AD-90DD-89E7CBF647D6.png
Springfield outgained them by a lot yet made Mistakes that nearly cost them the game they gotta clean it up next week against Ed’s congrats to moeller on a great season this year though!

S
Moeller turnover on downs. Springfield with the ball with 1:24 left still up 22 to 21
SHS defense completely slammed the door shut on Moeller's last possession. I didn't understand why Moeller didn't go for the 2 pt conversion after their last TD to go up 6.