Cleveland Browns 2023 Edition

Keshawn and Michael Irvin were on radio yesterday talking about when the Browns should make a decision about Watson as to his viability as a player. They both agreed that 2024 was the season to make a judgment as to whether or not he has returned as a top qb. Irvin said if there is any doubt in the minds of his teammates as to his toughness and will to win, the blame has to go directly on Stefanski and his, "He was cleared to play" which could have brought undo division to the locker room.

Keshawn and Michael Irvin were on radio yesterday talking about when the Browns should make a decision about Watson as to his viability as a player. They both agreed that 2024 was the season to make a judgment as to whether or not he has returned as a top qb. Irvin said if there is any doubt in the minds of his teammates as to his toughness and will to win, the blame has to go directly on Stefanski and his, "He was cleared to play" which could have brought undo division to the locker room.
So, four years after he's had a decent season and 3 years into a five year contract is when the assessment should be made. I guess it doesn't much matter, they're married to him, "for better or worse, for richer for poorer" for five years.

For what it's worth, I think he's hurt and is genuinely trying to play. My problem with him is that he's been bad and not worth the investment.

So, four years after he's had a decent season and 3 years into a five year contract is when the assessment should be made. I guess it doesn't much matter, they're married to him, "for better or worse, for richer for poorer" for five years.

For what it's worth, I think he's hurt and is genuinely trying to play. My problem with him is that he's been bad and not worth the investment.
Too much rust. Not enough WD-40.

In any event, ownership will not suffer. Only the fans.

So what else is new? 😖

Too much rust. Not enough WD-40.

In any event, ownership will not suffer. Only the fans.

So what else is new? 😖
If the browns could create a winner, they might be the most profitable franchise in the league with the fan base they have world wide. I just can’t understand how they’re can’t even become competitive consistently.

If the browns could create a winner, they might be the most profitable franchise in the league with the fan base they have world wide. I just can’t understand how they’re can’t even become competitive consistently.

The Browns would never, under any circumstance be more profitable that the Cowboys.

In my wildest dreams, I fantasize of Haslam selling the Browns. My delusional dream goes something like:

After yet another failed venture, this time with with Watson, Haslam realizes he's in over his head, the hole he's dug in Cleveland is too deep, and he decides to sell. Somehow an ownership group led by Dan Gilbert comes up with the approximately 984 trillion dollars it would take to pry the Browns out of Haslam's grasp. Cleveland finally for the first time in 60 years has a smart, competent owner group which quickly rights the ship. The Browns make the first (of many) Super Bowl appearances within 3 years of the ownership change. Within a few short years the laughingstock image of the Browns is purged, and the worldwide fan base finally has a franchise worthy of its passion.

I know, it'll never happen. Nice to dream though.

Last edited:
And Al Lerner was a backstabber who was portrayed as a hero for bringing back the Browns after he had arranged the deal to move the real Browns to Baltimore. His son was another silver spoon buffoon.
I was always amazed at how quickly people forgot about old Al flying Art to Baltimore on his plane to finalize the deal. Al and Art had the common tie of goofball sons.

Bye Stefanski.

Is there a worst play caller in the NFL? Been running the ball down their throat, need 3 yards and put the ball in harms way throwing with your 3rd string practice squad QB.

Can't make this stuff up.

Bye Stefanski.

Is there a worst play caller in the NFL? Been running the ball down their throat, need 3 yards and put the ball in harms way throwing with your 3rd string practice squad QB.

Can't make this stuff up.
Coming out of a timeout no less.