CHL Football 2021

Deer Park will likely clinch a R24 road game if they beat Finneytown as expected, who in turn will miss out on the play-offs for a 17th consecutive season.
Finneytown made the playoffs just last year!

(Yes, I know, everyone made the playoffs last year.)

week 11 predictions
Wyoming vs Waynesville : 35-7 Wyoming

Taylor vs Graham Local : 28-14 Graham Local

Indian Hill vs Milton Union : 24-21 Indian Hill

Reading vs Carlisle : 28-7 Reading

Mariemont vs Blanchester : 27-7 Mariemont

Madeira vs Taft : 31-14 Taft

Deer Park vs Cincinnati Country Day : 28-21 Deer Park

Thoughts? Civil discussion is being requested.

Taylor , Reading Mariemont, Wyoming win. Deer Park upset's CCD and I hope Madeira doesn't get killed. I think they can hang in there with their defense. It's hard for an 8 seed to beat a 1. Reading did it a couple of years ago. I can't imagine a 16 beating a one.

week 11 predictions
Wyoming vs Waynesville : 35-7 Wyoming

Taylor vs Graham Local : 28-14 Graham Local

Indian Hill vs Milton Union : 24-21 Indian Hill

Reading vs Carlisle : 28-7 Reading

Mariemont vs Blanchester : 27-7 Mariemont

Deer Park vs Cincinnati Country Day : 28-21 Deer Park

Thoughts? Civil discussion is being requested.
i think milton u. beats IH; and i think taft destroys madeira. i am up on deer park, so i think they win by more. i think taylor can win, too.

week 11 predictions
Wyoming vs Waynesville : 44-7 Wyoming

Taylor vs Graham Local : 14-7 Taylor

Indian Hill vs Milton Union : 10-7 Indian Hill

Reading vs Carlisle : 17-7 Reading

Mariemont vs Blanchester : 14-7 Mariemont

Deer Park vs Cincinnati Country Day : 49-14 Deer Park

week 11 predictions
Wyoming vs Waynesville : 44-7 Wyoming

Taylor vs Graham Local : 14-7 Taylor

Indian Hill vs Milton Union : 10-7 Indian Hill

Reading vs Carlisle : 17-7 Reading

Mariemont vs Blanchester : 14-7 Mariemont

Deer Park vs Cincinnati Country Day : 49-14 Deer Park
waynesville was awful.

I know there is a lot of pride and tradition in the Finneytown program within the CHL but I bet most of the current players know nothing about it. The CHL to them normally means running clocks. They don't fare much better in other sports, either.
It seems that way, right? They're in the bottom two in just about every sport; boys' basketball and soccer managed sixth last year, softball was 5th. The last team to have a winning conference record in any sport was the 2017 softball team.

But ten years ago Finneytown was:

• boys basketball: 1st
  • girls basketball: 3rd
  • boys track: 1st
  • girls track: 3rd
  • baseball: 8th
  • softball: 1st
  • football: 3rd
  • boys soccer: 3rd
  • girls soccer: 7th
Three championships and seven top-3s in 2011. Either that's a strong testimony for the importance of enrollment numbers (if memory serves, ten years ago Ft was the third biggest high school in the conference, behind Wyoming and IH) or something dramatic happened there in the last ten years. It'd be nice to know what it was, and if it's permanent, before we start looking for a new conference home.

I'm seriously interested in any ideas any of you have. It can't just be enrollment--I'm looking at the track results that year and you can randomly take 1/3 of their athletes off the board and they still would have won. 2nd in the 100, 1st in the 200 and 400, 2nd in the 1600 and 1st in the 3200, top two in the high jump, 1st in the pole vault, 2nd in the long jump, Donavon Clark won the shot by 12' and the discus by 17'. That eight different guys. Pick any four and you've got a good track team.

All I can think is that the best athletes in the district now must be finding their way to other high schools. (There's a prominent basketball example here for sure.) I don't blame them, but surely that's fixable?

It seems that way, right? They're in the bottom two in just about every sport; boys' basketball and soccer managed sixth last year, softball was 5th. The last team to have a winning conference record in any sport was the 2017 softball team.

Three championships and seven top-3s in 2011. Either that's a strong testimony for the importance of enrollment numbers (if memory serves, ten years ago Ft was the third biggest high school in the conference, behind Wyoming and IH) or something dramatic happened there in the last ten years. It'd be nice to know what it was, and if it's permanent, before we start looking for a new conference home.

I'm seriously interested in any ideas any of you have. It can't just be enrollment--I'm looking at the track results that year and you can randomly take 1/3 of their athletes off the board and they still would have won. 2nd in the 100, 1st in the 200 and 400, 2nd in the 1600 and 1st in the 3200, top two in the high jump, 1st in the pole vault, 2nd in the long jump, Donavon Clark won the shot by 12' and the discus by 17'. That eight different guys. Pick any four and you've got a good track team.

All I can think is that the best athletes in the district now must be finding their way to other high schools. (There's a prominent basketball example here for sure.) I don't blame them, but surely that's fixable?
Boys bowling team was 2nd last year with a 6-2 conference record

Hmmmm. This is an extremely long post (somebody is in their feelings. Lol.) First of all, I was at that game. It was 42 to 16 by the end of the third quarter. I believe that's only a 26 point lead. I know all about the rule. Let's talk about the actually subject, which was St. X never runs up the score on teams. In your way of thinking, as long as it doesn't reach the magical 30 number, then it's OK to leave your starters in then, huh? While that is the rule, what is the intent? I was at that game because my nephew plays. He's a starter, and he played the entire game! All the way until the final whistle. Lots of starters did. So with 2 minutes left in the game, as long as it's not 30 it's still OK in your world, huh? And you're the one who either keeps making (or agreeing to) absurd comments like Johnson is a better running back than Hester! Which shows your flawed football IQ! Maybe you should quit while you're behind.
Borrowing from (and paraphrasing) Lewis Carroll (and Alice in Wonderland)-- "Things keep getting Sillier and Sillier"-- you keep talking about "feelings" like some kind of amateur Freud wannabe psychoanalyst-- with NO understanding whatsoever.

You OBVIOUSLY do NOT "know all about the rule"-- because (SOMEHOW) you think it could have been invoked with only a 26-point lead-- which has NEVER been the case.

And YES-- I DO think it's OK to leave your starters in with a 26-point lead, with the majority of a half to go, facing a team that has already scored TWICE in the first half, with long, quick-strike plays.

THE INTENT (since you asked) is to get to that magical 30-point lead that invokes the running clock-- and thus end the game with the minimum of fuss, wear and tear on your starters, potential injuries, and embarrassment of the opponent. That makes eminent sense to me (and MOST other rational observers). EVERY X game this year, in which X attained that 30-point margin (which is ALL of them, except the win over Lakota West and the losses to Ignatius and Trinity), X IMMEDIATELY began playing a whole host of substitutes, once the running clock was invoked--I don't know whether to believe you about your nephew playing for X-- but, IF he does, and IF he stayed in the game, after the running clock was invoked, he was the RARE exception amongst X's starters...

I was at the X-Hamilton game last night, and close enough to hear the X defensive coordinator talking to his squad, as X's offense was driving inside the Hamilton 25-yard line, with a 27-point lead (at the time)-- he was SHOUTING to his players "If we score, '1A's are in'"-- which I took to mean that X calls its second-string defense its "1A defense"-- and with either a FG or a TD, X would then be ahead by 30+ points, and thus the second-string defense would be entered WHOLESALE into the game-- and, in fact, THAT is EXACTLY what happened-- they even used the break in the action after X's ensuing FG, to announce the entry into the game of something like 8-10 new defensive players for X-- it was as OBVIOUS as could be, that ONCE X got to the 30-point lead (and the running clock was invoked), X replaced virtually EVERYBODY on both offense and defense-- midway through the Third Quarter-- so, as far as I can tell, your (alleged) story about your nephew playing the WHOLE GAME against Moeller is complete and total BS-- I don't know what position he plays, but I KNOW FOR A FACT that NUMEROUS subs were in for X on offense, late in that game, after the running clock FINALLY was invoked late in the 4th quarter.

Moreover, there was FURTHER EVIDENCE (as if ANY was needed) that X does not (and DID NOT) try to run up the score on opponents-- X's second stringers reached the Hamilton ~5-yard line late in the 4th quarter, with nearly 2 minutes left in the game; after one running play that gained a yard, X simply took a knee for the last two plays of the game (using up 1:39 on the clock), without ANY attempt to score, even though X's second team had moved the ball down the field with great speed to that point... AND, I noticed after the game, that X's coach (Specht) shared a warm and lengthy bear-hug with the Hamilton coach after the game ended-- clearly, they had warm feelings for each other (despite the fact that the GMC League coaches banded together last year, to purposefully vote/rank ALL of the GCL teams lower in the playoff seeding process for last year's playoffs-- such that X ended up having to play an away game at Lakota West, for the Regional final, despite all computer rankings (and all observers' eye tests) saying that X was CLEARLY the better team heading into the playoffs last year-- Specht OBVIOUSLY did NOT hold that against the Hamilton coach last night-- and did NOT use that as a grudge or a pretext (despite having AMPLE reason to do so) to run up the score on Hamilton last night.

P.S.-- I never commented one way or the other about "Johnson is a better running back than Hester"-- I've not seen Johnson, so I have no idea on that question-- but I certainly never said anything about it. All I've said is that Wyoming (one of my FAVORITE teams, by the way) has been running up the score NEEDLESSLY on opponents (especially CHL opponents) for decades-- and it is the ONLY thing that bothers me about being a FAN of Wyoming football... AND, it is clear (from reading the comments on this forum, as well as noting the arguments and chippiness that have sprung up at Wyoming's league games) that a LOT of fans of other CHL teams have noticed (AND RESENT) it, TOO!

Taylor , Reading Mariemont, Wyoming win. Deer Park upset's CCD and I hope Madeira doesn't get killed. I think they can hang in there with their defense. It's hard for an 8 seed to beat a 1. Reading did it a couple of years ago. I can't imagine a 16 beating a one.
Well, this didn't age well-- gonna have to expand our imaginations for the future, I guess...

Milton-Union 33
Indian Hill 0
Sloppy conditions. Hats off to a good Indian Hill team.

Graham 37
Taylor 7
Congrats to Graham!
I'll keep my hat on to THAT Indian Hill team-- they should turn in their equipment without a word-- or any kind of postseason banquet, for that matter-- what a piss down their leg(s) finale.

Finneytown won 4 consecutive track titles from 2008 - 2011. You don’t do that without some good athletes. It is incredible how far they dropped. I wonder how many ADs they’ve had since then? I’d love to hear the current AD’s assessment of the program.

Borrowing from (and paraphrasing) Lewis Carroll (and Alice in Wonderland)-- "Things keep getting Sillier and Sillier"-- you keep talking about "feelings" like some kind of amateur Freud wannabe psychoanalyst-- with NO understanding whatsoever.

You OBVIOUSLY do NOT "know all about the rule"-- because (SOMEHOW) you think it could have been invoked with only a 26-point lead-- which has NEVER been the case.

And YES-- I DO think it's OK to leave your starters in with a 26-point lead, with the majority of a half to go, facing a team that has already scored TWICE in the first half, with long, quick-strike plays.

THE INTENT (since you asked) is to get to that magical 30-point lead that invokes the running clock-- and thus end the game with the minimum of fuss, wear and tear on your starters, potential injuries, and embarrassment of the opponent. That makes eminent sense to me (and MOST other rational observers). EVERY X game this year, in which X attained that 30-point margin (which is ALL of them, except the win over Lakota West and the losses to Ignatius and Trinity), X IMMEDIATELY began playing a whole host of substitutes, once the running clock was invoked--I don't know whether to believe you about your nephew playing for X-- but, IF he does, and IF he stayed in the game, after the running clock was invoked, he was the RARE exception amongst X's starters...

I was at the X-Hamilton game last night, and close enough to hear the X defensive coordinator talking to his squad, as X's offense was driving inside the Hamilton 25-yard line, with a 27-point lead (at the time)-- he was SHOUTING to his players "If we score, '1A's are in'"-- which I took to mean that X calls its second-string defense its "1A defense"-- and with either a FG or a TD, X would then be ahead by 30+ points, and thus the second-string defense would be entered WHOLESALE into the game-- and, in fact, THAT is EXACTLY what happened-- they even used the break in the action after X's ensuing FG, to announce the entry into the game of something like 8-10 new defensive players for X-- it was as OBVIOUS as could be, that ONCE X got to the 30-point lead (and the running clock was invoked), X replaced virtually EVERYBODY on both offense and defense-- midway through the Third Quarter-- so, as far as I can tell, your (alleged) story about your nephew playing the WHOLE GAME against Moeller is complete and total BS-- I don't know what position he plays, but I KNOW FOR A FACT that NUMEROUS subs were in for X on offense, late in that game, after the running clock FINALLY was invoked late in the 4th quarter.

Moreover, there was FURTHER EVIDENCE (as if ANY was needed) that X does not (and DID NOT) try to run up the score on opponents-- X's second stringers reached the Hamilton ~5-yard line late in the 4th quarter, with nearly 2 minutes left in the game; after one running play that gained a yard, X simply took a knee for the last two plays of the game (using up 1:39 on the clock), without ANY attempt to score, even though X's second team had moved the ball down the field with great speed to that point... AND, I noticed after the game, that X's coach (Specht) shared a warm and lengthy bear-hug with the Hamilton coach after the game ended-- clearly, they had warm feelings for each other (despite the fact that the GMC League coaches banded together last year, to purposefully vote/rank ALL of the GCL teams lower in the playoff seeding process for last year's playoffs-- such that X ended up having to play an away game at Lakota West, for the Regional final, despite all computer rankings (and all observers' eye tests) saying that X was CLEARLY the better team heading into the playoffs last year-- Specht OBVIOUSLY did NOT hold that against the Hamilton coach last night-- and did NOT use that as a grudge or a pretext (despite having AMPLE reason to do so) to run up the score on Hamilton last night.

P.S.-- I never commented one way or the other about "Johnson is a better running back than Hester"-- I've not seen Johnson, so I have no idea on that question-- but I certainly never said anything about it. All I've said is that Wyoming (one of my FAVORITE teams, by the way) has been running up the score NEEDLESSLY on opponents (especially CHL opponents) for decades-- and it is the ONLY thing that bothers me about being a FAN of Wyoming football... AND, it is clear (from reading the comments on this forum, as well as noting the arguments and chippiness that have sprung up at Wyoming's league games) that a LOT of fans of other CHL teams have noticed (AND RESENT) it, TOO!
Do you know how old this post is? Honestly, I can't even read this it's so long. The entire post community has moved on..Whatever you wrote, you are the champ! I just can't read this book. We're good. LOL!

I'll keep my hat on to THAT Indian Hill team-- they should turn in their equipment without a word-- or any kind of postseason banquet, for that matter-- what a piss down their leg(s) finale.
Watched the game on a choppy livestream. What were the issues with that IH team? MU seemed to just be the better team in all aspects.

Watched the game on a choppy livestream. What were the issues with that IH team? MU seemed to just be the better team in all aspects.
It shows how week the CHL schedule is for Wyoming and IH-- those two teams (generally) finish first and second in the CHL (IH did not do as well this year-- but IH still did well enough to get a #7 seed-- based on beating a few weak CHL teams)-- and then IH got DRUBBED (playing at home) by a team seeded 3 spots lower (after Milton-Union had to travel an hour and a half/75 miles for the game).

You had people on this forum (e.g.- "WashedUpCHL") actually picking IH to WIN that game-- based on what? IH's wins over these other smaller CHL teams? How do you get enough wins to be a #7 seed (of 16)-- and then get POUNDED at home 33-0? Answer: Play an extremely weak schedule, get some wins against that weak competition, and then not even really show up for a home playoff game. Milton-Union OBVIOUSLY was better-- but there is no way that IH should perform so poorly that this game was a total mismatch, with a running clock. It can happen (see the Division I state championship final last year-- but Pickerington Central should be embarrassed about their arrogant overconfidence and poor performance in that game-- AND THEY ARE!)-- but there is no way the losing team in such a game can be proud of their effort-- IH obviously did not show up ready to play in that game at all.

Do you know how old this post is? Honestly, I can't even read this it's so long. The entire post community has moved on..Whatever you wrote, you are the champ! I just can't read this book. We're good. LOL!
Who are you?-- Emily Littella ("Never mind.")-- Nothing like claiming old age, feeblemindedness, and dementia, when the absurdity of your posts gets exposed. Maybe you might just want to shut it down, altogether then.

Who are you?-- Emily Littella ("Never mind.")-- Nothing like claiming old age, feeblemindedness, and dementia, when the absurdity of your posts gets exposed. Maybe you might just want to shut it down, altogether then.
The only thing thats been exposed is the fact that you are mentally challenged and have no life writing those hour long responses.

deer park is better than their record, but probably lose to coldwater next week. i am disappointed for reading, best story in chl football this year. really surprised that taft did not roll madeira. re indian hill, i think posters forget how much they lost from last year; and they also lost their star quarterback in week 4: that's a lot to overcome.

The only thing thats been exposed is the fact that you are mentally challenged and have no life writing those hour long responses.
Maybe for you it would take an hour (I can see that you're mentally challenged)-- but that took ME maybe 10 minutes.

It shows how week the CHL schedule is for Wyoming and IH-- those two teams (generally) finish first and second in the CHL (IH did not do as well this year-- but IH still did well enough to get a #7 seed-- based on beating a few weak CHL teams)-- and then IH got DRUBBED (playing at home) by a team seeded 3 spots lower (after Milton-Union had to travel an hour and a half/75 miles for the game).

You had people on this forum (e.g.- "WashedUpCHL") actually picking IH to WIN that game-- based on what? IH's wins over these other smaller CHL teams? How do you get enough wins to be a #7 seed (of 16)-- and then get POUNDED at home 33-0? Answer: Play an extremely weak schedule, get some wins against that weak competition, and then not even really show up for a home playoff game. Milton-Union OBVIOUSLY was better-- but there is no way that IH should perform so poorly that this game was a total mismatch, with a running clock. It can happen (see the Division I state championship final last year-- but Pickerington Central should be embarrassed about their arrogant overconfidence and poor performance in that game-- AND THEY ARE!)-- but there is no way the losing team in such a game can be proud of their effort-- IH obviously did not show up ready to play in that game at all.
IH did not play great, there is no excuse there from them. However, for the facts, they were a #10 seed and travelled up to Milton Union. Under old playoff rules, they would have been eliminated with the week 10 loss to Reading.

deer park is better than their record, but probably lose to coldwater next week. i am disappointed for reading, best story in chl football this year. really surprised that taft did not roll madeira. re indian hill, i think posters forget how much they lost from last year; and they also lost their star quarterback in week 4: that's a lot to overcome.
I agree. I really wanted to see Reading advance. Feel bad for them. I went to the,Taft Maderia game last night. Taft did everything they could to give tge game away. They had a total of 6 fumbles. 2 in side tge 20 giving Maderia great field position. And they actually held them once. Taft claims they were missing 5 starters who hot hurt in the Hughes game. Not sure if that's true. But they won't win another game if they play like that going forward.

Someone gave the OHSAA the wrong result for the CCD/Deer Park game. Their bracket has CCD at Coldwater, and a 34-3 CCD win for the Deer Park game ?