CHL Football 2021

Should be a good game Friday-- two powerful rushing attacks and two stingy defenses. IMO I say Wyo has a better defense. Massie's DBs can be exploited.
Massie DBs are a year older and have played Anderson and Western Brown this year tuff. Very good open field tacklers and covering 6’4 and 6’5” receivers. Hester ripped off a few big runs last year. The young man is a work horse! Going to be a good one

Saw it live, thought it was a hard tackle. Then saw film, and it was clearly dirty. I know there was some communication between the AD's regarding the issue

Saw it live, thought it was a hard tackle. Then saw film, and it was clearly dirty. I know there was some communication between the AD's regarding the issue
Someone just send video to me. Maybe the refs just didn't see it but if that was the NFL, that player would definitely be fined, and likely suspended.

More than likely none. There should be a coaching change at IH, but its probably a 20% chance of that right now.

Its no secret their coach has been trying to leave for quite some time. There were off field issues with the coach that rubbed a lot of parents the wrong way. Not saying he's responsible for this but their freshman and sophomore class combined lost about 30 kids (maybe 10 of which play football) to private schools, and those players would have made a difference for this year's team. We all know schools in the CHL can't afford to let bodies, let alone talent walk out those doors.

End of season thoughts . All 3 of Reading's losses were at home on grass. I think Reading was a better team on turf. The Mariemont win being their best game. The home grass slowed them down. I also don't think Wyoming was as good as some people thought.

End of season thoughts . All 3 of Reading's losses were at home on grass. I think Reading was a better team on turf. The Mariemont win being their best game. The home grass slowed them down. I also don't think Wyoming was as good as some people thought.
I believe Reading is the only CHL school still playing on grass. Hopefully, they can upgrade their field in the near future. (Dont know if the money is there to do it though). Wyoming was good. Massie was better. However, Wyoming only had about 4 seniors who actually contributed, so the nucleus of their team was all Juniors and Sophmores. So they'll be very good again next year. Don't know if they'll be state championship good. (They need some more big bodies up front). But good none the less

I love the energy and feeling down at ole vets stadium! I do believe that park is owned by City of Reading (someone can correct me if I am wrong)

So I would say its more than just the HS and the administration wanting to go to turf.

Reading played VERY well this year. 10 pts loss to Wyoming , Beat IH , lost to Taylor by 1 score (BUT were without Hinton their best receiver)
Their Defense just looked beat down in that 4th quarter vs Carlisle. Steinkoenig had a great senior year, Caden Conner as well!

Its no secret their coach has been trying to leave for quite some time. There were off field issues with the coach that rubbed a lot of parents the wrong way. Not saying he's responsible for this but their freshman and sophomore class combined lost about 30 kids (maybe 10 of which play football) to private schools, and those players would have made a difference for this year's team. We all know schools in the CHL can't afford to let bodies, let alone talent walk out those doors.
If the gist of your argument is that IH lost 10 kids to private schools from lower grades who might have played football at IH, I'm not sure why that is somehow an indictment of the IH coach--IH is the wealthiest school district in SW Ohio (and maybe in the state), and the families in that district ARE going to be considering private schools-- several of which are located in close proximity to IH-- why is that even a surprise, or noteworthy?

Moreover, EVERY CHL school loses kids to private schools-- even Wyoming does, and their football team seems to be doing fine. If you think substantive numbers of boys in Madeira, Mariemont, Wyoming, Finneytown (and even Taylor or Deer Park or Reading) don't go to private school, you are misinformed. I don't see how this is an IH-specific problem-- nor why it should be laid at the feet of the football coach-- and somehow blamed on him.

If the gist of your argument is that IH lost 10 kids to private schools from lower grades who might have played football at IH, I'm not sure why that is somehow an indictment of the IH coach--IH is the wealthiest school district in SW Ohio (and maybe in the state), and the families in that district ARE going to be considering private schools-- several of which are located in close proximity to IH-- why is that even a surprise, or noteworthy?

Moreover, EVERY CHL school loses kids to private schools-- even Wyoming does, and their football team seems to be doing fine. If you think substantive numbers of boys in Madeira, Mariemont, Wyoming, Finneytown (and even Taylor or Deer Park or Reading) don't go to private school, you are misinformed. I don't see how this is an IH-specific problem-- nor why it should be laid at the feet of the football coach-- and somehow blamed on him.
So I specifically said he's not responsible for the kids leaving. However he could do a better job selling the kids on why they should stay and what their program has to offer. I know for a fact he made no effort to try and bridge the gap between youth, middle, and higschool to make staying and playing for the school appealing until he catches wind that kids are thinking about leaving. At that point its too late. And with chl schools the Communities are generally tight knit and smaller (except taylor) so like I said anything he could do to help keep talent from leaving is a plus. People in the district know exactly what I'm talking about. However those things play second fiddle to why he should be gone. Like I led with, him trying to leave almost every year for the past 5 years and the off the field incident are why they should find a new coach.

Last edited:
I'm not sure he's tried to leave the past five years, that seems to be an unfair assessment given the run of success relative to before his arrival. If so, where has he interviewed?

So I specifically said he's not responsible for the kids leaving. However he could do a better job selling the kids on why they should stay and what their program has to offer. I know for a fact he made no effort to try and bridge the gap between youth, middle, and higschool to make staying and playing for the school appealing until he catches wind that kids are thinking about leaving. At that point its too late. And with chl schools the Communities are generally tight knit and smaller (except taylor) so like I said anything he could do to help keep talent from leaving is a plus. People in the district know exactly what I'm talking about. However those things play second fiddle to why he should be gone. Like I led with, him trying to leave almost every year for the past 5 years and the off the field incident are why they should find a new coach.
Why would you assume those IH families are making their educational decisions based on football? I find that highly unlikely.

IH has been a mess for years. The coach has had tons of success there and the winningest head coach in school history if I’m not mistaken. IH unlike its rival school(Wyoming) is a community where it’s never the kids fault but always the coaches. Maybe IH should take a look internally for the issue instead of blaming one of the best coaches in the league…

Every CHL school has to deal with losing families/athletes to private schools and/or open enrollment districts.

I could make quite the all-star team of football and basketball players from Finneytown alone who starred at different high schools over the last 15 years.

IH has been a mess for years. The coach has had tons of success there and the winningest head coach in school history if I’m not mistaken. IH unlike its rival school(Wyoming) is a community where it’s never the kids fault but always the coaches. Maybe IH should take a look internally for the issue instead of blaming one of the best coaches in the league…
Definitely said kids leaving wasnt his fault. So yes they do need to look internally, specifically once they enter middle school. However if you think the coach cant play a role in helping to make the school a place the kids want to stay then we simply have a difference of opinion.

He had a great run. Developed a winning program and a few truly top notch teams (2015, 2018, 2020). Big shoes to fill for whoever is next. Are they going to look internally or go external for the hire?

Very desirable job given school district, recent investments in facilities and youth program. Imagine the best of best will apply. Will be interesting to say the least on who applies.