CHL Football 2021

wyoming. cj hester is the best player in the league. the defense is solid yet again. the o line returns 4 of 5 starters. a young QB who is also starting at middle linebacker is different. hopefully he stays healthy. IH has nice skill, but graduated too much. taylor on an upswing, but not there yet.

2021 Prediction:

1. Wyoming (replacing Pagan will be a unique situation this season/Hester will push for OPOY)
2. Indian Hill (this year will be their best chance to dethrone the Cowboys.... IMO)
3. Mariemont (Glassmeyer gone, Dortsen will step in nicely at QB/Warriors caught fire in the postseason in 2020)
4. Madeira (QB play will be crucial with Autry graduating/Stewart and his staff will be ready to compete for 3rd in the CHL outside of WYO/IH)
5-7: Deer Park, Reading, Taylor (in no particular order)
8. Finneytown (Hopeful for a competitive season, Warmack was a Great leader/mentor/motivator as Head Coach, remains the AD)

One thing to always enjoy about CHL league games, they are always competitive, and kids play hard across the league. Will be another great season!

how does Taylor project to be? they visit Springfield Greenon in week 1 which i predict to be a very competitive game.

how does Taylor project to be? they visit Springfield Greenon in week 1 which i predict to be a very competitive game.
Taylor finished at 3-6 last season and won the first playoff game in school history. They return the reigning CHL DPOY in Harry Hilvert (Sr. DL/OL). 1st year Head Coach (David Dransman) will take over the defense, as well as replacing the OC from the last 4 seasons (Mark Miller - HC from 2017-2020).

Offensively: 300 yds per game/13.6 pts
Defensively: allowed 31 pts per game

2021 Prediction:

1. Wyoming (replacing Pagan will be a unique situation this season/Hester will push for OPOY)
2. Indian Hill (this year will be their best chance to dethrone the Cowboys.... IMO)
3. Mariemont (Glassmeyer gone, Dortsen will step in nicely at QB/Warriors caught fire in the postseason in 2020)
4. Madeira (QB play will be crucial with Autry graduating/Stewart and his staff will be ready to compete for 3rd in the CHL outside of WYO/IH)
8. Finneytown (Hopeful for a competitive season, Warmack was a Great leader/mentor/motivator as Head Coach, remains the AD)

One thing to always enjoy about CHL league games, they are always competitive, and kids play hard across the league. Will be another great season!
only criticism is IH. they were REALLY good last year, and that was their year to beat wyoming. IH suffers a lot more from graduation than WYO. IH has the best qb in the league and a great RB too (but they lose hammond, the OL going to VA, fox, and digennaro, klekamp, scholle, sumerel at RB, etc.

Wrong. The vast majority of CHL games are blowouts. We talk about it every year in here. Look up previous years threads. 4 blowouts each week is the norm for this league.

wyoming. cj hester is the best player in the league. the defense is solid yet again. the o line returns 4 of 5 starters. a young QB who is also starting at middle linebacker is different. hopefully he stays healthy. IH has nice skill, but graduated too much. taylor on an upswing, but not there yet.
Who will be the Wyoming qb?

2021 Prediction:

Agree with most of this. Once again it will be Wyoming and Indian Hill then everyone else, when will Taylor join the other big schools in the conference and compete for the league title? Then I think it's Mariemont/Madeira/Taylor/DP/Reading for the middle of the pack and Finneytown bringing up the rear again. I wouldn't call Mariemont beating 3 teams with a losing record in the playoffs "catching fire", more of a covid year anomaly than a great playoff run.

Last edited:
Taylor's Hilvert will again be unblock-able 1 v 1.

Can Taylor surround him with any other talent? How much is losing Miller as the head coach going to hurt? I think they finish 4th in the league.

Taylor's Hilvert will again be unblock-able 1 v 1.

Can Taylor surround him with any other talent? How much is losing Miller as the head coach going to hurt? I think they finish 4th in the league.
Hilvert sounds familiar. Did he have relatives that went to Elder?

This is some of the beauty in the lower divisions, where your QB is also the starting middle linebacker! Awesome!

Deer Park,
Excited Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Competitive, never mentioned scores. Kids play hard for all 8 schools week in and week out.
Kind of hard to tell-- when the top school(s) have their starters out by the start of the second half... Not sure how you're measuring "playing hard" for all 8 schools-- to me, this is a league FULL of quiet desperation-- as the top one or two schools virtually murder their outclassed league competitors week in and week out... The CHL is crying out (and has been, for two decades) for a reorganization. Finneytown has NEVER once beaten its next-door neighbor (and natural rival) Wyoming. I don't think Wyoming has lost a league game in about ~5 years-- and Wyoming has not lost to another CHL opponent not named Indian Hill in about a decade. Wyoming and Indian Hill (for their own good-- and the good of the other current CHL teams) badly need to find a new, more competitive league to play in.

Did you know that Wyoming has the top all-time football winning percentage-- and the highest average wins per season of any team in the state of Ohio, regardless of division? This is NOT reflective of playing in a competitive league; Maria Stein Marion Local may (soon) pass Wyoming in both of these stats-- but MSML plays close competitive games against multiple members of its own league, EVERY YEAR-- and those other schools (e.g. Minster, Anna, Coldwater, St. Henry, Versailles, Delphos St. John, etc.) regularly win state football titles in various divisions. THAT is a competitive league-- where the "kids play hard for all 8 schools week in and week out".

Kind of hard to tell-- when the top school(s) have their starters out by the start of the second half... Not sure how you're measuring "playing hard" for all 8 schools-- to me, this is a league FULL of quiet desperation-- as the top one or two schools virtually murder their outclassed league competitors week in and week out... The CHL is crying out (and has been, for two decades) for a reorganization. Finneytown has NEVER once beaten its next-door neighbor (and natural rival) Wyoming. I don't think Wyoming has lost a league game in about ~5 years-- and Wyoming has not lost to another CHL opponent not named Indian Hill in about a decade. Wyoming and Indian Hill (for their own good-- and the good of the other current CHL teams) badly need to find a new, more competitive league to play in.

Did you know that Wyoming has the top all-time football winning percentage-- and the highest average wins per season of any team in the state of Ohio, regardless of division? This is NOT reflective of playing in a competitive league; Maria Stein Marion Local may (soon) pass Wyoming in both of these stats-- but MSML plays close competitive games against multiple members of its own league, EVERY YEAR-- and those other schools (e.g. Minster, Anna, Coldwater, St. Henry, Versailles, Delphos St. John, etc.) regularly win state football titles in various divisions. THAT is a competitive league-- where the "kids play hard for all 8 schools week in and week out".
this is true. but its also true that wyoming has had no help in reorganizing. wyoming should be in a league with indian hill, madeira, mariemont, taylor, CHCA, roger bacon, and summit. finneytown should be interested in reorganizing, but is not.

this is true. but its also true that wyoming has had no help in reorganizing. wyoming should be in a league with indian hill, madeira, mariemont, taylor, CHCA, roger bacon, and summit. finneytown should be interested in reorganizing, but is not.
I don‘t see Madeira and Mariemont (as currently configured) as competitive enough to play Wyoming and Indian Hill regularly— at least not in football (maybe other sports)— Taylor could be, but has not shown itself to be capable. Summit, I have my doubts about… but ALL bets are off, if/when paid professional HS athletes arrive on scene— then NIL payments could restore Madeira and Mariemont’s ability to get the best players— and compete with Wyoming and Indian Hill— and of course, Summit (and Seven Hills and Country Day, as well) would ALSO be competitive with Wyoming and Indian Hill, then.

I don‘t see Madeira and Mariemont (as currently configured) as competitive enough to play Wyoming and Indian Hill regularly— at least not in football (maybe other sports)— Taylor could be, but has not shown itself to be capable. Summit, I have my doubts about… but ALL bets are off, if/when paid professional HS athletes arrive on scene— then NIL payments could restore Madeira and Mariemont’s ability to get the best players— and compete with Wyoming and Indian Hill— and of course, Summit (and Seven Hills and Country Day, as well) would ALSO be competitive with Wyoming and Indian Hill, then.
Conversations like this in the football forum tend to only consider football. (The GMC discussions are like this too). I don’t know if you are only talking about football in this discussion. If you consider all sports, boys and girls, the CHL is much more competitive. The CHL administrators are not going to base any reorganization on football alone. Check out the all sports trophy results from last year. Taylor finished first in the winter and spring seasons. Most people in here wouldn’t believe that if you told them.

Conversations like this in the football forum tend to only consider football. (The GMC discussions are like this too). I don’t know if you are only talking about football in this discussion. If you consider all sports, boys and girls, the CHL is much more competitive. The CHL administrators are not going to base any reorganization on football alone. Check out the all sports trophy results from last year. Taylor finished first in the winter and spring seasons. Most people in here wouldn’t believe that if you told them.
Nor SHOULD football be the only consideration-- this is NOT college, where football pays all the bills (when it pays the bills at all). These CHL schools have far more to consider than just football. But (when Deer Park is not bringing in ringers), Wyoming has been pretty dominant in basketball too-- and Wyoming is pretty good in baseball usually too. I'd be curious to know the winners of the CHL All-Sports trophy for the last ~10 years-- I'd have bet Wyoming won it more than anyone-- but maybe not. I'd definitely bet that Finneytown is not competitive in most sports, and I'd be surprised if Deer Park is either. I wonder about Mariemont's breadth of competitive teams too.

Nor SHOULD football be the only consideration-- this is NOT college, where football pays all the bills (when it pays the bills at all). These CHL schools have far more to consider than just football. But (when Deer Park is not bringing in ringers), Wyoming has been pretty dominant in basketball too-- and Wyoming is pretty good in baseball usually too. I'd be curious to know the winners of the CHL All-Sports trophy for the last ~10 years-- I'd have bet Wyoming won it more than anyone-- but maybe not. I'd definitely bet that Finneytown is not competitive in most sports, and I'd be surprised if Deer Park is either. I wonder about Mariemont's breadth of competitive teams too.

You're correct. Wyoming have won it 6 out of the past 10 years (and 11 out of 15 years). Indian Hill won it the other 4 years.

Those results are on the CHL website.