Central Buckeye Conference (CBC) 2023

How would they play in Xenia versus Sidney or Piqua or even Wapok? Not doubting you, as you know, lol....just does not match up.
site has been predetermined and is listed on the OHSAA site. the sites you’ve mentioned will all be in use

Piqua: D1 semifinal R2 vs R4

Sidney: D5 semifinal R18 vs R20

Wapakoneta: D6 semifinal R22 vs R24

Lima: D7 semifinal R28 vs R26

what i get out of it is that the OHSAA is already assuming that Badin will beat Celina tonight making Xenia a perfect site for Belle/Watty vs Badin. if Celina wins then i would want to see that game moved to Lima Senior or Wapak, then have D6/7 moved to Lima Bath/Lima Shawnee

site has been predetermined and is listed on the OHSAA site. the sites you’ve mentioned will all be in use

what i get out of it is that the OHSAA is already assuming that Badin will beat Celina tonight making Xenia a perfect site for Belle/Watty vs Badin. if Celina wins then i would want to see that game moved to Lima Senior or Wapak, then have D6/7 moved to Lima Bath/Lima Shawnee
I'm tracking. Best laid plans of mice and men often go awry....

I wouldnt give them taht much credit. The sites next weekend for a holiday weekend are likely slim pickings.

I wouldnt give them taht much credit. The sites next weekend for a holiday weekend are likely slim pickings.
completely agree. i don’t think Celina wins tonight but if they do it would create a real awkward situation of Bellefontaine/Watterson-Celina being all the way in Xenia.

Since there is no CBC football anymore this season, and I am bored with HS football being scarce now, let's start up some new conversations!

HC hot seats?
- Tecumseh is open
- Heard Coach Brown is stepping down from Bellefontaine
- Should anyone else be replaced, from the outside looking in?
End of season reviews?
- Looking back, did it all play out the way you thought it would?
- Biggest surprise/bust of the season
Things to look forward to for next season?
- What did we learn about different programs?
- Who is standing out for next year?

I'm just bored, need something to chat about, lol. Since I travel for work, a lot of time spent in airports goes by faster when I am caught up in this and the OHC forum!

Since there is no CBC football anymore this season, and I am bored with HS football being scarce now, let's start up some new conversations!

HC hot seats?
- Tecumseh is open
End of season reviews?

I'm just bored, need something to chat about, lol. Since I travel for work, a lot of time spent in airports goes by faster when I am caught up in this and the OHC forum!
I'm interested in how things go at Bellefontaine for sure. There are a LOT of grumblings, some that I won't make mention of because they are just that (grumblings). The playoff success and playoff run for the Chiefs should be a program changer, at least for a few years. Losing their head coach, likely some assistants, and the senior class they just graduated...it could easily go backwards quickly. I hope whomever they find to lead the program is 1) found quickly and 2) the right person and able to build off of this season's success. Losing a senior class like the Chiefs did is hard, losing your coach with it is even harder. Looking forward to seeing how things progress and hoping for the best for the Chiefs. Although we will take #25 and JB back. ;)

Good chance that the Chiefs are 1 play from appearing in the State Finals. Amazing how small mistakes and little details can end a season in the blink of an eye. That senior class for the Chiefs will certainly be missed. They have some young skill guys that can play! Time to step up. Those sophomores and juniors now have a Regional Final appearance under their belt.

The OHSAA needs to find a way to make it more difficult for these private/Catholic schools. Move them all up a division if there is a refusal to have seperate playoffs. Toledo Central Catholic should not be in division 3 football. They beat Hoban for the D2 title and could win the D1 title with the players they are recruiting. Would have liked to see two public schools square off (Celina, Chardon, Bellefontaine).
TCC vs Watterson. That's fun -__- OHSAA needs to do better

Good chance that the Chiefs are 1 play from appearing in the State Finals. Amazing how small mistakes and little details can end a season in the blink of an eye. That senior class for the Chiefs will certainly be missed. They have some young skill guys that can play! Time to step up. Those sophomores and juniors now have a Regional Final appearance under their belt.

The OHSAA needs to find a way to make it more difficult for these private/Catholic schools. Move them all up a division if there is a refusal to have seperate playoffs. Toledo Central Catholic should not be in division 3 football. They beat Hoban for the D2 title and could win the D1 title with the players they are recruiting. Would have liked to see two public schools square off (Celina, Chardon, Bellefontaine).
TCC vs Watterson. That's fun -__- OHSAA needs to do better
Are you also going to have a public school open enrollment division?

Are you also going to have a public school open enrollment division?
If they were to divide private and public, They be smart to include the public open enrollment with the private if you ask me. I/m not saying I'm for this, but where some of those privates are, they can get kids from different states. Jus my two cents for what it's worth. ROTFLMAO! Just beating the dead horse. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I'm interested in how things go at Bellefontaine for sure. There are a LOT of grumblings, some that I won't make mention of because they are just that (grumblings). The playoff success and playoff run for the Chiefs should be a program changer, at least for a few years. Losing their head coach, likely some assistants, and the senior class they just graduated...it could easily go backwards quickly. I hope whomever they find to lead the program is 1) found quickly and 2) the right person and able to build off of this season's success. Losing a senior class like the Chiefs did is hard, losing your coach with it is even harder. Looking forward to seeing how things progress and hoping for the best for the Chiefs. Although we will take #25 and JB back. ;)
Info i was just told was pretty.....groundbreaking if true but I find it very hard to believe it is true. No way.

But anyways.......will wait for the 2024 thread to give any projections for next year. A lot of talent exiting the conference due to graduation

Coach Brown is now the principal at BHS, this is the reason for the stepdown. Sounds like Little P is going to take over head coaching duties.

🧐

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-29 at 1.38.54 PM.jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-06-29 at 1.38.54 PM.jpeg
    161.7 KB · Views: 72
I heard a rumor mill that he was going to transfer to Dublin Coffman for a year, graduate early in December and be at OSU for the spring practices. But who knows what the heck will happen!

I heard a rumor mill that he was going to transfer to Dublin Coffman for a year, graduate early in December and be at OSU for the spring practices. But who knows what the heck will happen!
that seems like the most generic make up story ever, and a little too detailed. while realistic, i wouldn’t buy into that yet.

by the way, if he goes anywhere i’d bet on Springfield :)

It's irresponsible, shameful, and disrespectful to openly post rumors about a kid on a message board and those who do so should take a long look in the mirror and ask themselves -"would I want this posted about my son'?

So many rumors, so many opinions. I believe in Occam's Razor theory. In short...when posed with many scenarios generally the simplest option is true, and that would be staying....

I know we like to hammer on Bell mostly because of one uber sensitive poster but there is a line you just don't cross.

Last edited:
It's irresponsible, shameful, and disrespectful to openly post rumors about a kid on a message board and those who do so should take a long look in the mirror and ask themselves -"would I want this posted about my son'?

So many rumors, so many opinions. I believe in Occam's Razor theory. In short...when posed with many scenarios generally the simplest option is true, and that would be staying....

It’s a sad state of affairs that mentioning, encouraging, recruiting of players has crept into high school sports but that is/has been the world we live in for some time.

I know we like to hammer on Bell mostly because of one uber sensitive poster but there is a line you just don't cross.
I saw the same rumors started on the Dublin Coffman 2023 Thread.

Any truth to the rumblings that OSU coaches want St. Clair to play better competition next year?
Not only not true, they've pretty much said the opposite from Day 1. Nothing but support from the very beginning from the OSU staff.
These "rumors" have been posted on here dating back several years now. Often by people on this very thread. First it was Springfield (always laughable) and now Coffman.
The family has done nothing but be a shining light for our community each and every day. Mom works at the High School, Dad coaches the Middle School football team and Tavien shows up every single day with a smile on his face and focused on lifting up his hometown. He was in the weight room the last two mornings at 5:30 AM.
I personally will be forever grateful for what Tavien has done for the community I so dearly love. The memories can't be taken away by those looking to poke holes.

HC hot seats?
- Tecumseh is open
End of season reviews?

The big question is Meeks going to return for the Braves. Only time will tell.