Central Buckeye Conference (CBC) 2023

i could see them sending Belle-Watty to London and Springfield-Coffman to Marysville for capacity reasons

3 weeks in a row at the same stadium would be crazy!
Yep. Or, Coffman played Wayne in Bellefontaine a few years back. Could make Springfield/Coffman at BHS and out BHS/Watterson in Marysville. They also do something crazy

Yep. Or, Coffman played Wayne in Bellefontaine a few years back. Could make Springfield/Coffman at BHS and out BHS/Watterson in Marysville. They also do something crazy
it’s hard to see Bellefontaine hosting when they will be playing in first regional title in.. ever maybe? safe to say BTOWN will be a ghost town friday night.

London is a shoe in to host. seems like they host whenever possible.

Congrats to the Chief. I be watched from afar and saw improvement nearly every week. Go grab a distric title, I can tell you from recent experience that it’s self gratification that rewards for the work done. I kind of miss driving to Btown to watch my devils smack you around a little bit. 😎 Gods luck and injury free Friday’s. I’m rooting for ya!

Here we are week 14 and the last men standing are the beloved Chefs.

As most know I am a homer for the CBC, I just like the competitive nature of these kids from the gridiron, hardwood to the mats. Many diss on this conference and I take exception. This is a quality conference and I not embarrassed to stand with these cats. I am sure when it comes to March and the wrestling finals, Graham will stand tall and represent the CBC. But now, its still football and Bellefontaine has a great shot to make some history.

When TSC came into state visual, what we all saw, he could have gone anywhere to compete for a higher level state title this year and next but the kid is true to his classmates to finish what this Sr. class started years ago. This is a tough week and I love TSC and company and trusting WingTfan to ensure those fatties are ready to go this week (coaching, motivation, whatever you do) and Fogan needs another big game. There is a lot on the table here. Watty is, well Watty, a stout program in their own right but by God, I have to go with the Chefs in a hard fought battle and give them the win 28-24.

Go Chefs!!!!

Excited to see a CBC team making it this far. I think Bellefontaine has a real chance to win this game. Watterson is really good, but the "Chefs" have a lot of talent. I know that everyone likes TSC, and understandably so. BUT ... from the games I have watched, I think that WR, #1 Neer, is the key to their offense. Yes, TSC throws him the ball, but lets be real, look at the stats on the CBC site, he throws the ball to Neer. That kid is a PLAY MAKER!!! Anyone know if he has any offers? Playing with, and being a top prospects #1 choice should get him some attention.

The game is being played at Marion Harding ... WTF?!?! That stadium isn't that big. And, if I remember correctly, there is basically no parking there. It is behind the Middle School, not the High School, so not even a student parking lot to use. I have been there 1 time, maybe 4 years ago to watch a friends kid play in some little league flag tournament, and I had to park in the neighborhood, 2 blocks away. Just an interesting site choice.

GOOD LUCK CHIEFS!

Excited to see a CBC team making it this far. I think Bellefontaine has a real chance to win this game. Watterson is really good, but the "Chefs" have a lot of talent. I know that everyone likes TSC, and understandably so. BUT ... from the games I have watched, I think that WR, #1 Neer, is the key to their offense. Yes, TSC throws him the ball, but lets be real, look at the stats on the CBC site, he throws the ball to Neer. That kid is a PLAY MAKER!!! Anyone know if he has any offers? Playing with, and being a top prospects #1 choice should get him some attention.

The game is being played at Marion Harding ... WTF?!?! That stadium isn't that big. And, if I remember correctly, there is basically no parking there. It is behind the Middle School, not the High School, so not even a student parking lot to use. I have been there 1 time, maybe 4 years ago to watch a friends kid play in some little league flag tournament, and I had to park in the neighborhood, 2 blocks away. Just an interesting site choice.

GOOD LUCK CHIEFS!
I was told University of Dayton. Neer is the real deal at WR for sure.

I've said it since Week 1, the Chiefs have arguably one of the best "position player" offenses in the state (St. Clair, Neer, Wilson, Fogan, etc).

Excited to see how the Chiefs do on Friday. I'm not going and sitting out in the rain, but if it's dry (haha) - I'll be there. Good luck Bellefontaine!

I've said it since Week 1, the Chiefs have arguably one of the best "position player" offenses in the state (St. Clair, Neer, Wilson, Fogan, etc).

Excited to see how the Chiefs do on Friday. I'm not going and sitting out in the rain, but if it's dry (haha) - I'll be there. Good luck Bellefontaine!
Neer is THE target and looks to be picking up where he started in weeks 1 and 2. However, Wilson is another huge target that needs a big game yet, Fogan needs his feed me yards...he is the key to this whole game. Lots of bullets to shoot, dont leave them in the chamber Bottom line, if the fatties on offensive line rise up TSC and Fogan will feast. Just need an all out on defense for the dessert.

I myself was thinking about making the long trip up for this game, but when pushed to Marion that 4hr and 46min one way drive didn't seem to exciting anymore. :banana: I guess ill pour me a whiskey sour and watch it on the big screen come Friday night :cool:

This team has the skill players to make it all the way to state, now with that being said its 1 week at a time. At this point in the season all teams left are playing the best ball they have all year. Watterson is no joke, they are the real deal this year and have played the part all season long. Bellefontaine has nothing to lose at this point, a lot of people didn't even have them making it past week 11 and yet here they are. TSC and crew can make anything out of nothing, these boys leave it all on the field every Friday night. I'm going to go with the Chiefs in a shootout

Bellefontaine 21 Watterson 20

The SW released the all District players yesterday and the Central District several days/weel ago. Just want to give a shout out to the first and second team players...the CBC represented very well. I apologize for not hitting the Honorable Mention kids but I am going blind looking at the lists and hope I did not forget anyone.

Central District
D3
London 1st Team
Connor Fulton -OL
Zack Jones - DB
Andrew Sims - DL
2nd Team
Rashard "June" Turner -DB

D4
Alder 1st Team
Cameron Jewell (RB)
Andrew Heisler (OL)
Johann Boeckl (DB)
Ty Moore (LB)
Alex Boggs (DL)
Anthony Kroninger (DL)

D5
North Union 1st Team
Rylan Keever (OL)
Nolan Draper (DB)
Cater Skaggs (Punter)
2nd Team
Tyler Krebehenne (DB)
Cameron Osborne (DL)

Southwest District
D3
Bellefontaine 1st Team
Tavien St. Clair (QB) -SWD OPOY
Riley Neer (Rec)
Haiden Manns (DL)
2nd Team
Chris Fogan (RB)
CJ Wilson (Rec)
Jack Varnen (OL)

D4
Shawnee 1st Team
TJ Meeks (RB)
Darien Dixon (DL)
Thomus Morgan (DL)
2nd Team
Ed Boehmer (RB)
Jackson Warrington (OL)
Brady Bumgardner (LB)
Trint Cordle (DB)

Urbana
1st Team
Aiden Bradshaw (Rec)
Breyden Webb (OL)
2nd Team
Will Donahoe (QB)
Jaden Hopkins (OL)

Kenton Ridge
2nd Team
Miles Miesse (DL)

D5
Indian Lake
1st Team
Burke Lillard (DB)
2nd Team
Quest Clay (Rec)
Elijah Hughes (OL)
Logan Murphy (LB)

Northwestern
2nd Team
Preston Allen (LB)

looks like it.
I can't say this surprises me as there have been grumblings around the fan base for several years. I thought after last year they looked to be rounding the corner but... I am spit balling here but I believe the Head Coaches that took over after Delong left were on his staff. This may be a time Tecumseh needs to look outside their current staff and bring in new blood. I see a lot of potential with the Arrows, it may take a couple/three years but they typically have some big, strong, hard playing kids. The fan base may need to check their egos at the gate until this ship is righted and put their 100% behind the next coach and then they will see the fruits of labor and persistence.

Here is a breakdown from 2007 to now.
2007 = 6-4
2008 = 11-1 (CBC Champs)
2009 = 10-2 (Co CBC Champs)
2010 = 7-4
2011 = 6-5
2012 = 8-3 (CBC Champs)
2013 = 4-6
2014 = 5-6
2015 = 4-6
2016 = 5-5
2017 = 2-8
2018 = 6-4
2019 = 1-9
2020 = 4-4
2021 = 4-6
2022 = 6-5
2023 = 2-8

I believe only KR has a worse record in the last decade than the Arrows.

I can't say this surprises me as there have been grumblings around the fan base for several years. I thought after last year they looked to be rounding the corner but... I am spit balling here but I believe the Head Coaches that took over after Delong left were on his staff. This may be a time Tecumseh needs to look outside their current staff and bring in new blood. I see a lot of potential with the Arrows, it may take a couple/three years but they typically have some big, strong, hard playing kids. The fan base may need to check their egos at the gate until this ship is righted and put their 100% behind the next coach and then they will see the fruits of labor and persistence.

Here is a breakdown from 2007 to now.
2007 = 6-4
2008 = 11-1 (CBC Champs)
2009 = 10-2 (Co CBC Champs)
2010 = 7-4
2011 = 6-5
2012 = 8-3 (CBC Champs)
2013 = 4-6
2014 = 5-6
2015 = 4-6
2016 = 5-5
2017 = 2-8
2018 = 6-4
2019 = 1-9
2020 = 4-4
2021 = 4-6
2022 = 6-5
2023 = 2-8

I believe only KR has a worse record in the last decade than the Arrows.
They had some good runs with Delong then Massie at the helm. One constant was Tuffy Thompson as DC. Program kind of went down hill after that, Not saying it was Cory's fault, maybe the kids are just not coming out for Football like they used to.

They had some good runs with Delong then Massie at the helm. One constant was Tuffy Thompson as DC. Program kind of went down hill after that, Not saying it was Cory's fault, maybe the kids are just not coming out for Football like they used to.
His defenses were top notch. Loved the LBs crowding the A gaps and hustle, hitting, aggression of those defenses. I will never put blame on one coach but Tecumseh is kind of stale right now, IMO, with offense and may be the culture. Just an outsider looking in, there are things that need to change to get them going again.

if Bellefontaine wins they will play in Xenia next week. which would be one hell of a location if they were to play Celina.

His defenses were top notch. Loved the LBs crowding the A gaps and hustle, hitting, aggression of those defenses. I will never put blame on one coach but Tecumseh is kind of stale right now, IMO, with offense and may be the culture. Just an outsider looking in, there are things that need to change to get them going again.
No doubt. Not to mention he was a top notch individual!