Biggest Upsets Tonight?

Are flips into the end zone allowed? I thought there was an NFHS rule against that. Or am I thinking of an NCAA rule?
Sorry to pull up a week old post, but I thought it should be answered.

The DoD told Ohio officials today that this needs to be flagged as Unsportsmanlike. In NFHS, that gets penalized as a dead ball foul, so the score counts and the game is over in this case. (In NCAA, this is a live ball foul.)

Where is that happening?
1.17) In Season Practice
1.17.1) Consider limiting full contact on consecutive days.
1.17.2) A student-athlete is limited to 30 minutes of full contact in practice per day.
1.17.3) A student-athlete is limited to 60 minutes of full contact in practice per week.
1.17.4) A student-athlete can be involved in full contact in a maximum of two practices in a seven-day span.

Ohsaa Handbook

In theory 8/9 should be 50/50.

They are crazy because 50/50 implies half a chance for each. The fact that 67% of the 9 seeds won is well, I'm no basketball guy, a lil crazy.
Given the relatively small sample size, I think this result might be truly statistically insignificant in the sense of a 95% confidence level that it wasn't random. But I don't have that table anymore to check lol.

1.17) In Season Practice
1.17.2) A student-athlete is limited to 30 minutes of full contact in practice per day.
1.17.3) A student-athlete is limited to 60 minutes of full contact in practice per week.
1.17.4) A student-athlete can be involved in full contact in a maximum of two practices in a seven-day span.

Ohsaa Handbook
"Consider" is the weakest language possible in a rule book.
Name one school adhering to this.

"Consider" is the weakest language possible in a rule book.
Name one school adhering to this.

Are you being obtuse on purpose? whether or not the days are consecutive, there isn't a "consider" in front of the fact that they are limited to 2 30-min sessions each week, which was the crux of the original point and proves the garbage you posted above about there not being restrictions during the season as 100% false.

Are you being obtuse on purpose? whether or not the days are consecutive, there isn't a "consider" in front of the fact that they are limited to 2 30-min sessions each week, which was the crux of the original point and proves the garbage you posted above about there not being restrictions during the season as 100% false.
You sound mad. Have a beer.
My question stands: Do you know of a single school adhering to this?

Also.. how do you simultaneously support non-contact practices and 64-team playoffs? Do you coach basketball??

1.17) In Season Practice

Ohsaa Handbook
Link is broken. Just like the rules.

Also.. how do you simultaneously support non-contact practices and 64-team playoffs? Do you coach basketball??

by supporting the research that led to the rules you are completely ignorant about. Please, post more and put your ignorance on fuller display. Though it will be difficult to top what you've already done.

When I was sophomore in high school, by the end of the season, I had improved a lot since the start of the summer workouts, even though I rarely played on varsity. Extra games at the end of the season would have helped even more. I went straight from football to wrestling so any comment about protecting my health is NOT applicable. If one did 3 sports like I did in high school, there was no off season and summer workouts for football started as soon as school ended. I do not remember this as affecting my health and my parents thought it was great for me as it allowed me very little time to get in trouble.
IMO that is what really helped Kirtland truly develop. They started averaging 15 games a year, two back to back state title runs and all your younger players got an extra seasons worth of practices and coaching under their belt. That’s huge for developing especially for the younger players.

multi sports is important because your body is changing up the activity and abuse. Football abuse is a lot different than wrestling abuse so fourth. Just developes you into an all around Better athlete as well.

Given the relatively small sample size, I think this result might be truly statistically insignificant in the sense of a 95% confidence level that it wasn't random. But I don't have that table anymore to check lol.
Purely for curiosity sake I went back to 2022 and counted 16 #9 seeds who won the 8/9 match up. So roughly 57%.

See what 2024 brings I guess.

Purely for curiosity sake I went back to 2022 and counted 16 #9 seeds who won the 8/9 match up. So roughly 57%.

See what 2024 brings I guess.
Thank you. I think it's also critical to point out that teams are scheduling differently knowing that 16 teams make it. Some coaches and ADs are more willing to schedule "up" than in years past because they're confident that won't cost them a playoff spot.
All that to say, the #9 seeds (and lower) today aren't truly comparable to the #9 seeds of the past.

Thank you. I think it's also critical to point out that teams are scheduling differently knowing that 16 teams make it. Some coaches and ADs are more willing to schedule "up" than in years past because they're confident that won't cost them a playoff spot.
All that to say, the #9 seeds (and lower) today aren't truly comparable to the #9 seeds of the past.
Well 9 seeds would not have been in the discussion pre-covid correct? Weren't we still just doing 8 teams per region back in 2019 and before?

I guess my point is we have no way of knowing how a 9 seed pre-covid would've performed since they were not eligible to perform.

Well 9 seeds would not have been in the discussion pre-covid correct? Weren't we still just doing 8 teams per region back in 2019 and before?

I guess my point is we have no way of knowing how a 9 seed pre-covid would've performed since they were not eligible to perform.
Sure. My point was that a #9 seed in 2015 is entirely different than a #9 seed today. (Some) programs are taking more risks and scheduling the bigger/better programs in their area (teams they traditionally avoided). And when they gamble and lose, they may wind up a #9-13 seed, but they're historically a #6/7/8 seed, with another W on their schedule due to a more conservative approach in who they play.
Just doesn't feel like apples to apples for me. So the "look at all these lower seeds winning" argument is flawed from the jump.

I really don't see too much of a change in scheduling at all up in the NW corner of the state. I'm sure one could find a few but not many.

Sure. My point was that a #9 seed in 2015 is entirely different than a #9 seed today. (Some) programs are taking more risks and scheduling the bigger/better programs in their area (teams they traditionally avoided). And when they gamble and lose, they may wind up a #9-13 seed, but they're historically a #6/7/8 seed, with another W on their schedule due to a more conservative approach in who they play.
Just doesn't feel like apples to apples for me. So the "look at all these lower seeds winning" argument is flawed from the jump.
Do we have any actual evidence to back this up?

On the flipside it could also be argued that teams are "relaxing" their scheduling knowing that simply acquiring wins regardless of strength can get you into the top 8, 9. (I don't have any evidence to support my claim either haha).

Do we have any actual evidence to back this up?

On the flipside it could also be argued that teams are "relaxing" their scheduling knowing that simply acquiring wins regardless of strength can get you into the top 8, 9. (I don't have any evidence to support my claim either haha).
Plenty. Look at mostly mid-seed teams with 1-3 losses. Certainly some teams take that softer route you mention (though it makes no sense to me as far as playoff prep).