Biggest Upsets Tonight?

Region 2
14 Liberty beat 3 Findlay
12 Springfield beat 5 Wayne
10 Perrysburg beat 7 Whitmer
9 Miamisburg beat 8 Delaware

But people still want to argue that only 8 teams belong in each region.

Marion Local 63 - TCN 0
Minster 50 - Bradford 8
Anderson 43 - Turpin 7
Withrow 49 - Edgewood 0

So sure, some upsets...also some of the many games that shouldn't have been played

Marion Local 63 - TCN 0
Minster 50 - Bradford 8
Anderson 43 - Turpin 7
Withrow 49 - Edgewood 0

So sure, some upsets...also some of the many games that shouldn't have been played
The stat that stands out to me the most is of the 28 #8/#9 games, 18 of them so far have gone to the #9 seed. IMO 9's beating 8's are not upsets but going through the results it did strike me as interesting that so many 8's went down tonight.

Marion Local 63 - TCN 0
Minster 50 - Bradford 8
Anderson 43 - Turpin 7
Withrow 49 - Edgewood 0

How do you know which ones shouldn’t be played? Wouldn’t some of those same games be considered upsets?

Week 4...
Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary 42
Warren G. Harding 28

Tonight...
#11 Warren G. Harding 35
#6 Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary 0

I glanced at the local pick em on here and the first 20 or so people picked SVSM. I don’t follow much anymore so I assumed an L after reading that, but Im glad for WGH kids.

Never fails to amaze me how many people are against letting kids be kids and have fun while they're young. A few blowouts don't ruin your life as a supposed full grown adult. In fact, I'm betting most are actually jealous THEY didn't get one extra game with their friends back in the day.

Seriously, why are there so many damn adults living their life through teens?

Never fails to amaze me how many people are against letting kids be kids and have fun while they're young. A few blowouts don't ruin your life as a supposed full grown adult. In fact, I'm betting most are actually jealous THEY didn't get one extra game with their friends back in the day.

Yet here you are having a full on meltdown... Maybe check your emotions

Looks like the Wildcats will beat the Cardinals again
Pretty funny that St. Ignatius' had only one win all season and it was against Mentor.
So that is a #12 over a #5. The win over Football North didn't count apparently due to the new rules.

Are flips into the end zone allowed? I thought there was an NFHS rule against that. Or am I thinking of an NCAA rule?
NFHS rules don’t take the touchdown off the board for an unsportsmanlike foul before crossing the goal line, so throwing a flag for the flip would have been meaningless since it was the last play of the game. All UNS fouls are treated as dead ball fouls in high school.

Region 2
14 Liberty beat 3 Findlay
12 Springfield beat 5 Wayne
10 Perrysburg beat 7 Whitmer
9 Miamisburg beat 8 Delaware

But people still want to argue that only 8 teams belong in each region.
There were 224 games last night. How many were "upsets?" The arguments I've read are more about playing 16 game seasons for championships, adding weeks to many other teams, and the diminishing importance/weaker scheduling of the regular season.

You must be new to yappi

No, a blowout loss won't ruin anyone's life, but my experience as a member of a bad team was that the vast majority of us would not have preferred to play another game, particularly against a state or regional powerhouse. We much preferred to move on to wrestling or basketball or taking the winter off and just being kids. One can love a sport and still be ready to put it away for the year.

Marion Local 63 - TCN 0
Minster 50 - Bradford 8
Anderson 43 - Turpin 7
Withrow 49 - Edgewood 0

What's the purpose of this post? To argue that unless ALL of the 9-16 games should be played, then none of the 9-16 games should be played? I dont care if every higher seed won in every other region (which they didnt). This is a PERFECT example of why kids deserve a chance to play games and why the Harbin computer is hopelessly flawed.

Let's look at R7
9 WV South beat 8 Briggs
10 Watkins Mem beat 7 independence
11 Hoover beat 6 DeSales
12 Big Walnut beat 5 Northland

Putting aside for a min the fact that this YET AGAIN proves 8 teams is not enough, the more astounding injustice here is how the computer ranked the teams. Every single human being, and every other computer model I've looked at knows that those Columbus City schools were not better than the teams that beat them. Yet, because we are stuck with the stupidity of the Harbin computer, the wrong team gets to host a playoff game.

And if you psychopaths who think we should be denying kids a chance to play post season had your way and we were back at 8 teams, none of these teams would even be in the tournament.

What's the purpose of this post? To argue that unless ALL of the 9-16 games should be played, then none of the 9-16 games should be played? I dont care if every higher seed won in every other region (which they didnt). This is a PERFECT example of why kids deserve a chance to play games and why the Harbin computer is hopelessly flawed.

Let's look at R7
9 WV South beat 8 Briggs
10 Watkins Mem beat 7 independence
11 Hoover beat 6 DeSales
12 Big Walnut beat 5 Northland

Putting aside for a min the fact that this YET AGAIN proves 8 teams is not enough, the more astounding injustice here is how the computer ranked the teams. Every single human being, and every other computer model I've looked at knows that those Columbus City schools were not better than the teams that beat them. Yet, because we are stuck with the stupidity of the Harbin computer, the wrong team gets to host a playoff game.

And if you psychopaths who think we should be denying kids a chance to play post season had your way and we were back at 8 teams, none of these teams would even be in the tournament.
THANK YOU. And people act like 62-0 blowouts never happened in the 8 team playoff.

To most folks in NW Ohio, neither of these were upsets other than the fact of where each school was seeded

Correct, it's an absolute travesty that we are subjected to the 50 year old stupidity of the Harbin computer year after year. And the problem was 10X worse when it also determined who even gets a chance to play, at least most of that injustice is gone.