2023 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who has the best defensive front between Ed's, Hoban and Avon. We know what Ed’s did.

Well, we know they are similar. That should be daunting enough. And I'd include Winton Woods too, although their O struggles. Our D will have to hold someone to under 21 for sure, and maybe under 14. I was impressed w/ Hoban's secondary too - ball hawks. No lazy passes or they're coming back.

Well, we know they are similar. That should be daunting enough. And I'd include Winton Woods too, although their O struggles. Our D will have to hold someone to under 21 for sure, and maybe under 14. I was impressed w/ Hoban's secondary too - ball hawks. No lazy passes or they're coming back.
Hobans defense has 1 weakness, they can be over aggressive, if you want to call that a weakness. They blitz relentlessly from all over. You have to exploit that. Running QB’s have given them trouble. There DB’s are very good. The Sewell kid on DL is very good. There LB’s blitz a lot this is where you can exploit them. Lee is the stud LB that just committed to the Buckeyes. He is the main guy blitzing. You have to be able to get to the second level blocking. Like #82 and myself have been saying our defense has to stop the run and force them to throw the ball. When they do throw it, mostly quick slant and out routes.

Hobans defense has 1 weakness, they can be over aggressive, if you want to call that a weakness. They blitz relentlessly from all over. You have to exploit that. Running QB’s have given them trouble. There DB’s are very good. The Sewell kid on DL is very good. There LB’s blitz a lot this is where you can exploit them. Lee is the stud LB that just committed to the Buckeyes. He is the main guy blitzing. You have to be able to get to the second level blocking. Like #82 and myself have been saying our defense has to stop the run and force them to throw the ball. When they do throw it, mostly quick slant and out routes.
If we can execute read option on Hoban it might goodnight for them. I believe that is why I'm running quarterbacks have gave them so much problems because they're so aggressive they don't account for everybody and they end up giving up big yardage. After watching them against Ed's their offense is kind of not as good as it has been in the last couple years they're just basically going to line up and try to run it down your throat but they will throw a little quick outs and hitches with the occasional taking the deep shot

Yes, that is why they jump offside a lot and play undisciplined .It either allows big plays or creates negative plays. You add in the pisspoor play calling on offense and that is why they won't win the state championship imo.

Yes, that is why they jump offside a lot and play undisciplined .It either allows big plays or creates negative plays. You add in the pisspoor play calling on offense and that is why they won't win the state championship imo.

Otoh you are a loaded team with D1 talent at nearly every position that makes the finals every year and wins most of them. Boo hoo.

If we can execute read option on Hoban it might goodnight for them. I believe that is why I'm running quarterbacks have gave them so much problems because they're so aggressive they don't account for everybody and they end up giving up big yardage. After watching them against Ed's their offense is kind of not as good as it has been in the last couple years they're just basically going to line up and try to run it down your throat but they will throw a little quick outs and hitches with the occasional taking the deep shot
We need to be "not predictable" on offense. I can't recall the last pass we threw on first down. I am not talking about a hurry up, 2 minute type of drive either.
I would love to see us throw a quick little pass on first down occasionally, instead of handing it off or having Owens run it all the time. Need to mix up our tendencies.

We need to be "not predictable" on offense. I can't recall the last pass we threw on first down. I am not talking about a hurry up, 2 minute type of drive either.
I would love to see us throw a quick little pass on first down occasionally, instead of handing it off or having Owens run it all the time. Need to mix up our tendencies.
I agree with you 100%, but....we did throw a pass on 1st down last Saturday.
the artist dog GIF

In the McKinley game in our first offensive series. TD!

Otoh you are a loaded team with D1 talent at nearly every position that makes the finals every year and wins most of them. Boo hoo.
And just think how much more they could win with a great head coach. Need Hudson's coach Goff. That guy can coach and doesn't have one tenth the talent Tyrell has at Hoban.

Status
Not open for further replies.