2023 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Attention Tiger Fans-

If you are a Repository subscriber, you can vote for the SARTA Athlete of the Week. A Massillon Tiger, Mike Wright, Jr. is competing with other male athletes. Please cast your vote!🐅

He was also blatantly targeted by other teams with late hits and other antics. I’m not saying he didn’t deserve some of the penalties he got but many were due to his competitive nature and not backing down. If we’re going to single out someone who got away with actual bad behavior during the Moore era he certainly isn’t the kid I’m singling out to deride 3 years after he graduated.
Why do you think he was targeted? Maybe because they knew if you got under his skin they'd get a free 15 yards.

Also, if we're down by 2....getting ready to kick a game winning FG and one of our players gets a PF or unsportsmanlike to push us out of FG range and we lose because of it, do you think anyone is going to say, "well, he DOES have a competitive nature and doesn't back down?"

Finally, Ballard was used as an example, there are/were many more who do it, but if I were singling someone out it would absolutely be him, despite how long ago he graduated.

Sigh, never thought I'd see people defending this kind of behavior.

Why do you think he was targeted? Maybe because they knew if you got under his skin they'd get a free 15 yards.

Also, if we're down by 2....getting ready to kick a game winning FG and one of our players gets a PF or unsportsmanlike to push us out of FG range and we lose because of it, do you think anyone is going to say, "well, he DOES have a competitive nature and doesn't back down?"

Finally, Ballard was used as an example, there are/were many more who do it, but if I were singling someone out it would absolutely be him, despite how long ago he graduated.

Sigh, never thought I'd see people defending this kind of behavior.
I certainly don’t recall a Jayden Ballard penalty ever coming close to costing us a game. I also recall him following up a penalty by scoring 2 or 3 TDs to make up for it. I never defended it and said he did deserve some of those penalties. I’m just tired of ungrateful fans dragging him through the mud every chance they get as if he wasn’t one of the best players to ever wear orange and black.

I certainly don’t recall a Jayden Ballard penalty ever coming close to costing us a game.

Then it's ok I guess.
I also recall him following up a penalty by scoring 2 or 3 TDs to make up for it

Again, this makes it ok.
I never defended it and said he did deserve some of those penalties.

Some?
I’m just tired of ungrateful fans dragging him through the mud every chance they get as if he wasn’t one of the best players to ever wear orange and black.
Ungrateful? Lol....you serious bro?

"As if he wasn't one of the best players ever to wear orange and black?" Again you appear to be giving him a break because he was a heck of a player.

Then it's ok I guess.

Again, this makes it ok.

Some?

Ungrateful? Lol....you serious bro?

"As if he wasn't one of the best players ever to wear orange and black?" Again you appear to be giving him a break because he was a heck of a player.
You’re singling him out for “getting away with it” when I can think of another member of that team who was doing actual bad stuff and got away with it.

I’m just sick and tired of Ballard being drug by some fans for a few penalties, being “soft”, a headcase, etc.

Nope, I was definitely a fan of his, still am.
I can tell by your selective outrage. Did you ever watch Travis McGuire or Spencer? How about cory ball high stepping into the end zone after a pick 6? If you are going to talk about Jayden let’s not forget that 03 team that had his dad on it amongst ALOT of other personalities. What you are not going to do is blame Moore for the “over the top personal fouls”

Legit question. Not trying to start anything, I don't think this could be taken the wrong way.
I read the Massillon McKinley letter from Both Superintendents. Question Did Massillon Superintendent get his License renewed by the State? I remember seeing that it was being held up for some reason. Is this the same Superintendent or a different one. Once again this is just a question.

Legit question. Not trying to start anything, I don't think this could be taken the wrong way.
I read the Massillon McKinley letter from Both Superintendents. Question Did Massillon Superintendent get his License renewed by the State? I remember seeing that it was being held up for some reason. Is this the same Superintendent or a different one. Once again this is just a question.

Same.

You’re singling him out for “getting away with it” when I can think of another member of that team who was doing actual bad stuff and got away with it.

I’m just sick and tired of Ballard being drug by some fans for a few penalties, being “soft”, a headcase, etc.
No, I'm not "singling him out." Please pay closer attention. The point I was trying to make is that....EVERYONE gets away with it. Remember my earlier post where I said I love having coach Moore here and I love what he does for the program and kids? Well that is the one thing I don't like, he doesn't put his foot down and stop this pandemic of....hurtful to the team behavior."

I can tell by your selective outrage. Did you ever watch Travis McGuire or Spencer? How about cory ball high stepping into the end zone after a pick 6? If you are going to talk about Jayden let’s not forget that 03 team that had his dad on it amongst ALOT of other personalities. What you are not going to do is blame Moore for the “over the top personal fouls”
Not even sure how to process this but I'll try.

#1) It's not selective but it is kinda outrage.

#2) I DID watch TM and Willie. I don't remember them ever racking up the PF's or unsportsmanlikes.

#3) um....what about that 03 team and the other personalities?

#4 not even sure what you're trying to say in that last sentence.

To recap.

Really like coach Moore, hope he stays for a long time. Really like Ballard hope he excels at TOSU. Really don't like any activity that is hurtful to the team. It's OK, we can agree to disagree.

for a few penalties
Define "few"
This conversation isn't about costing the Tigers a win. It's about unnecessary showboat and/or mouth running penalties on #9 which cost the Tigers yards. Way too many yards and way too many unforced penalties. He's was and some will say still is unable to control this aspect of his game. Call it what you want - immaturity, selfishness whatever your term is. He was very good and very frustrating.

Define "few"
This conversation isn't about costing the Tigers a win. It's about unnecessary showboat and/or mouth running penalties on #9 which cost the Tigers yards. Way too many yards and way too many unforced penalties. He's was and some will say still is unable to control this aspect of his game. Call it what you want - immaturity, selfishness whatever your term is. He was very good and very frustrating.
Well how many penalties did he actually get? Was it actually a lot or did it just seem like a lot cause he played for 4 years and was a high profile player so everyone’s eyes were on him and everything he did was magnified? I’d wager he had about 2,600 yds more receiving than he had penalty yds.

As I’ve said for years now his penalties annoyed my like all penalties do but I also watched him get targeted by other teams and the refs almost never called deserving penalties on them and only on Jayden for defending himself.

We have an emotional team and have for years. A lot of the time the emotion is channeled positively towards winning and occasionally it gets channeled to being more chippy and prone to getting penalties.

Last edited:
Well how many penalties did he actually get?
Like I said way too many. But I have every game recorded that he played in. Watched most more than once. Shall we get together have some adult beverages and count? or ? As for targeting as you call it - teams knowing that they could get under his skin - who's that on? I would have tried it too if I was playing and knew it would work. He is definitely not alone with regard to penalties vs his team mates - #2 and #6 from that era also come to mind to a lesser degree in my mind. Again in my mind it's not about what he gained in yards vs penalty yards - Tigers were mostly successful while he played - It's the mind numbing number of times he was flagged for unforced errors. Kind of a love hate relationship - loved watching him play - hated the unnecessary penalties.

I’d really like to see this team keep the penalties down to 5 or less for the next 6 weeks. Each game, not total although I’d take 5 for 6 weeks. Defensively, as good as that D has been I’d like to see them try to create a few more turnovers. Offensively, Offensive line…we need you boys to play your best ball of the year! You can get it done! Stay focused on your assignment and execute it every play! You fellas are going to determine a whole helluva lot in the next 6 weeks. Most importantly, I want to see you boys get closer and fight for each other every single play for the next 6 weeks. You have the opportunity of a lifetime right in front of you. Team above self. It’s going to mean everything for the next 6 weeks. Play with passion and heart but play smart! One week at a time! Go finish something no other Tiger team has been able to do to date! Cement that legacy!! Go Tigers! 🐅🐅🐅🐅🐅🐅

Last edited:
Anyways, I’m tired of talking about this. We have 6 weeks to enjoy watching this team fight like hell to bring home a championship. Let’s enjoy every second of it and stop bickering about penalties from 5 years ago
😂😂Rt : Teams think we soft : until we punched em in the face . coaches rule: fight get suspended : im glad we got physical and fought back ! Set the tone for playoffs : no team will BULLY the tigers 🐅tig 16-0 can’t wait 🧡🖤

😂😂Rt : Teams think we soft : until we punched em in the face . coaches rule: fight get suspended : im glad we got physical and fought back ! Set the tone for playoffs : no team will BULLY the tigers 🐅tig 16-0 can’t wait 🧡🖤
I guarantee there's no team out there that thinks we're soft. Before or after the incident in Canton. Show em how tough we are BETWEEN the whistles.

Status
Not open for further replies.