2022 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, here's one. Who will Hobans sarting qb be next season? What kind of offense should we run to best utilize our talent?
Why are we so concerned with Hoban at this point? Green was a strong program this past season and served as a handful to Winton Woods (State Champs) as well.... We all know how that went. Quite frankly, taking care of that tough regular season schedule will be the biggest focal point for now. Massillon will be a more experienced group next season which will be a plus, but I'm not sure they compete well down the stretch of the bigger games.

EaglePride01

Well-known member​

This is the schedule that was presented in the 2021 thread (although I can't seem to confirm this anywhere else online to date):

1 - (H) Toledo Central Catholic
2 - @ Pittsburgh Central Catholic (PA)
3 - FILLED (WAITING FOR ANNOUNCEMENT)
4 - (H) Cincinnati Elder
5 - @ Massillon Washington
6 - (H) Rock Creek Christian (MD)
7 - @ Cleveland St. Ignatius
8 - (H) Clarkson Football North (ON)
9 - @ Cincinnati Moeller
10 - (H) Akron Hoban

Recent MWHS Sports Results—-Massillon Washington vs.Canton McKinley

Girls Gymnastics———Tigers 121———Bulldogs 100
Wrestling——————-Tigers 57———-Bulldogs 20

These student athletes also deserve publicity.
Called assistant AD wanting to know about the result of our swim meet with Mck. Didn't get a score but was told Tigers Boy's Swimmers whacked Mck by a hefty margin. The girls lost by 1 point.

Weird not seeing McKinley, including a few decent 8-9 win teams.

Surprised that no one has mention the passing of Ivory Benjamin. Great Massillon running back in the late 50's. I was too young to remember him. My father told me what a great running back he was. He told me they made a special pair of shoes for him to play in. He was 83 years old when he passed. This guy had some great games.

Surprised that no one has mention the passing of Ivory Benjamin. Great Massillon running back in the late 50's. I was too young to remember him. My father told me what a great running back he was. He told me they made a special pair of shoes for him to play in. He was 83 years old when he passed. This guy had some great games.
He was a great back. RIP, Ivory.

Maybe the best ever. Art Hastings and Travis McGuire are also in the conversation. Ran into Mr. Benjamin downtown many, MANY years ago. Stood on the street and talked to him for at least a half an hour.

I was in early Junior high when he played. I remember his football feats mentioned all over town. He indeed was special. I remember going to several games during his glory days.

RECENT MWHS SPORTS RESULTS

Massillon Rolling Tigers 25——-Jackson Polar Bears 16
The Tigers are now 11-1. The Tigers are 3-0 versus Jackson this season.

Massillon Washington Boys Swimming———96
Canton McKinley Boys Swimming—————34
Massillon Washington Girls Swimming———66
Canton McKinley Girls Swimming—————67

These student athletes also deserve publicity.

Last edited:
Wow! The 64 Game with Niles is number 2 on the list. A game that lived up to the hype.

Wow! The 64 Game with Niles is number 2 on the list. A game that lived up to the hype.
Only game I ever went to with my dad. I kept telling him, Dad we need to leave early there's going to be a big crowd. He didn't buy into my wanting to leave early. We got close to the Rubber Bowl the traffic seem to be backed up for at least a mile. We never made it into the stadium until the end of the first quarter, what an electrifying atmosphere and what a monumental game. It was a game that I will never forget.

Only game I ever went to with my dad. I kept telling him, Dad we need to leave early there's going to be a big crowd. He didn't buy into my wanting to leave early. We got close to the Rubber Bowl the traffic seem to be backed up for at least a mile. We never made it into the stadium until the end of the first quarter, what an electrifying atmosphere and what a monumental game. It was a game that I will never forget.
30,128 fans agree. The crowd in attendance at the RB.?

very cool

Status
Not open for further replies.