2022 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a lot of freshman games/highlight videos on youtube. I realize it's kind of hard to watch lineman on those they usually follow the ball.
Yeah, I've watched the youtube videos, I wish I could have watch more games than the one game live.. Also watched some of the 7th and 8th grade games/hi-lights.. those kids are pretty impressive too...seems like we're pretty well set up to be pretty good for awhile... Even the OTA's (Ohio Tigers) look to be really well organized ...

Last edited:
Waiting for BC to update the roster for the 2022 season. Curious how much bigger the kids got and also any new additions. Go Tigers.
same here.. Not so concerned about additions as I am about subtractions. Last year was a little higher than normal

Congratulations to Massillons Ardell Banks on the offers from Akron, Toledo and USF. Ardell has also been shown interest from Kent State, Illinois State, Penn State, Harvard, Mississippi State, Kentucky and Purdue. Ardell is nearly 6'4" and 190 lbs now and carries a 3.96 GPA.
great job by him... I would imagine if he has another good year there will be more.. He's got that great size which never hurts... Is he running track?

I’m looking forward to seeing who will be starting on the OL & DL. A few names we know but there’s always a kid or two that steps up and earns time.
Yeah, I'm wondering where Moore will be, on Offense or Defense (primarily) Seems like more on the defense since we have all those younger guys coming up and some returning starters...

Yeah, I'm wondering where Moore will be, on Offense or Defense (primarily) Seems like more on the defense since we have all those younger guys coming up and some returning starters...
Yeah I think he will play mostly DL barring an injury. Quite the duo with he and Wright manning the interior DL.

What am I missing? I thought Moore was our best d-lineman last season. And we are not particularly deep with size on that front.

There's been a couple of years where we have rotated our D line and I think it has worked out quite well. I could see Moore starting on the O-line and rotating in on the d-line.

I wonder the same thing about Tashaun. Good athlete, good frame, good speed. Just not really a RB. We certainly need help at corner and receiver. I look for Lo’quan Young to possibly steal a corner spot.

Andrai will start barring injury

McConnell is probably the #2 QB so idk about him on defense.

Look for Mike Looney to start on O line

Was just scrolling through some highlights. Agreed on McConnell at backup QB but tell ya what, he has the "it" factor on defense too imo. Real good nose for the ball.

Yeah when I first saw Brawley play varsity I was thinking "no way" but then when I saw him catch the ball in traffic the run past everyone I'm thinking, "yes please". you could just tell he was a player..
Brawley
Grunder
Huth
Gamble
Relford
These guys had “it”, not the biggest or most talented on the field but when the ball was snapped your eyes went right to them.

Rather have the bye.
Me too.... that one Canadian team probably is OK.. I cant remember the name right now.. But they usually play Iggy and Mentor and Ed's.. They usually loose but they give decent game it seems like...But like everything else it's an up and down program.. Oh it's football North.. they played the teams I mentioned plus Elder and IMG last year.. So it is what it is... maybe a game the youngsters can get in quick...and develop

Status
Not open for further replies.