2022 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
excellent!

It was a joke. The Rep doesn't publish on Saturdays. The Inde is going to 5 days a week. And scores from evening games don't make it into the printed paper until 2 days later.
Butler, all is good?. On another note, IMPO I think these 4 games if played on a Saturday would get more butts in the seats which means more revenue:
Moeller
St. Edward
Delaware M.
Canisius

I guess I don't hate the 9 games. Christmas in Massillon just got a week longer!

7pm home starts will be different, but not an inconvenience for me personally. It is what it is I suppose.

I revisited what I read. It was a Tweet from Eaterling. The line "tentatively scheduled to play its first nine game season since 1957" is not as definitive as what I had remembered.

Just made a search for a St.V 2022 varsity football schedule after finding out on the OHSAA website that they have(had?) a week 9 opening. Never did find a complete schedule. On the OHSAA site it states they are willing to travel. Just speculating out loud.

No sooner I post the "above" post and just found this. I should have waited. So much for speculating.

St. Vincent St. Mary 2022 Football Schedule:

week 1 Glenville
week 2 Lorne Park (Canada)
week 3 Barberton
week 4 Buchtel
week 5 Sandusky
week 6 Warren g Harding
week 7 Ursuline
week 8 Hoban
week 9 Cleveland heights
week 10 Walsh

No sooner I post the "above" post and just found this. I should have waited. So much for speculating.

St. Vincent St. Mary 2022 Football Schedule:

week 1 Glenville
week 2 Lorne Park (Canada)
week 3 Barberton
week 4 Buchtel
week 5 Sandusky
week 6 Warren g Harding
week 7 Ursuline
week 8 Hoban
week 9 Cleveland heights
week 10 Walsh
St V usually doesn't schedule Massillon if they know they're gonna be down. When they cycle back up and get the talent coming in they'll schedule us.

Last edited by a moderator:
St V usually doesn't schedule Massillon if they know they're gonna be down. When they cycle back up and get the talent coming in they'll schedule us.
I think the majority of the statement can be extrapolated to some other teams that we used to play until Moore arrived on the scene, Big Red comes to mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
For years I heard about the Ignatius broadcast team that did the 2005 Massillon vs Ignatius game and how biased they were but never got to actually hear it with my own ears. I always thought that there was probably a little exaggeration in the description of how bad it was but wasn't too sure....recently I found the game on youtube with the broadcast team of Al Pawlowski and Lenny (I believe his last name was Soder). I'm very familiar with Pawlowski but not familiar with the other guy AT ALL....I must say that, hearing the broadcast with my own ears....the broadcast was actually worse than was described to me....and I wouldnt use the word "biased" (I'm ok with people being "biased" toward their own team), these two.... (mostly the Lenny guy) were downright insulting towards the players....at one point when describing a play, the Lenny guy actually said "a big fat lineman from Massillon" (at the 44:55 mark)....they were insulting towards the fanbase....and the program itself. There were only 4 or 5 insults throughout the first half, but the second half was full of them with at least 18 derogatory comments directed at the players, fanbase and program in general. I never knew Pawlowski did broadcast work for Ignatius, I was more familiar with his work with the Tribe, but after hearing him I sure lost a lot of respect for him....the other guy actually sounded as if Arizonawildcat were an announcer. Bottom line, they both sounded very unprofessional and idiotic. Give it a listen/watch...."2005 Massillon vs Ignatius".

For years I heard about the Ignatius broadcast team that did the 2005 Massillon vs Ignatius game and how biased they were but never got to actually hear it with my own ears. I always thought that there was probably a little exaggeration in the description of how bad it was but wasn't too sure....recently I found the game on youtube with the broadcast team of Al Pawlowski and Lenny (I believe his last name was Soder). I'm very familiar with Pawlowski but not familiar with the other guy AT ALL....I must say that, hearing the broadcast with my own ears....the broadcast was actually worse than was described to me....and I wouldnt use the word "biased" (I'm ok with people being "biased" toward their own team), these two.... (mostly the Lenny guy) were downright insulting towards the players....at one point when describing a play, the Lenny guy actually said "a big fat lineman from Massillon" (at the 44:55 mark)....they were insulting towards the fanbase....and the program itself. There were only 4 or 5 insults throughout the first half, but the second half was full of them with at least 18 derogatory comments directed at the players, fanbase and program in general. I never knew Pawlowski did broadcast work for Ignatius, I was more familiar with his work with the Tribe, but after hearing him I sure lost a lot of respect for him....the other guy actually sounded as if Arizonawildcat were an announcer. Bottom line, they both sounded very unprofessional and idiotic. Give it a listen/watch...."2005 Massillon vs Ignatius".
Thanks, will do. On the other hand I thought the St. Ed's team was very good. They perhaps might have been a little bias but really not anymore than a hometown team would be. Honestly, they paid many compliments to the team and the Massillon fan base... You can tell they loved their team, very passionate and that's fine..

Thanks, will do. On the other hand I thought the St. Ed's team was very good. They perhaps might have been a little bias but really not anymore than a hometown team would be. Honestly, they paid many compliments to the team and the Massillon fan base... You can tell they loved their team, very passionate and that's fine..
Again, I have no problem with bias, Jim Johnson was very biased towards McKinley back in the day but he wasn't degrading towards their opponents. I actually loved listening to JJ.

When Massillon had two facemask penalties that guy was calling for ejections lol and on the Gamble clean hit he went on and on about Gamble taunting the kid which he definitely did not.

Funny thing was that Iggy had just about as many personal fouls as Massillon did that game. His excuse was something like: they can’t call them all on Massillon or the fans will charge the field.

Again, I have no problem with bias, Jim Johnson was very biased towards McKinley back in the day but he wasn't degrading towards their opponents. I actually loved listening to JJ.
I didn't mind Jim Johnson either, you must be too young to remember Jim Muzzy he made JJ sound like a Massillon fan . lol

Status
Not open for further replies.