2022 GCL Co-Ed

Lol. I’m seeing that now on their twitter page. Looks like a group of homeschool kids?
Trailblazers arent too bad.

they have a mix of home school kids and a few kids that attend schools that dont have teams.

They have a few kids committed to play college ball. And have some decent arms in their rotation

Who or what is the team that Fenwick played yesterday? Portland Trailblazers?
Cincinnati Trailblazers

They are a homeschool team that fields both varsity and junior varsity teams. They are actually a pretty good squad. I recommend checking out their gamechanger to see their schedule. They've already played over 20 games this season, so they must be doing something right, as the rest of us are lucky to have 10 games played.

There is very little chance that Badin's success will decline. They have the best facilities, coaching staff and play the best schedule in the league. Their talent area is quite large as well. They will continue to get kids from all over their area. I'm just excited to see some competitive baseball in the future.
Now I don’t know the coaches of these teams very well but to say badin has the best coaching staff seems to be an opinion as CJ has coaches who have been to 3 state championship games in the past like 5 years with all around less talent than badin so makes me think CJ coaches are actually better badin just gets more players

7 run 5th inning leads fenwick to a 7-6 win over CJ. CJ went down 7-0 in the 5th and brought it back to a 1 run game with runners on 1st and 2nd in the 7th before the game came to a close

Now I don’t know the coaches of these teams very well but to say badin has the best coaching staff seems to be an opinion as CJ has coaches who have been to 3 state championship games in the past like 5 years with all around less talent than badin so makes me think CJ coaches are actually better badin just gets more players
CJ coach retired after their last state title and I believe they turned it over to his son whom had played at CJ. CJ also had a lot of talent with the Peltier kid, the Wissman brothers, Gongora and Solomon just to mention a few. Actually was a tremendous run for CJ but Badin was DII in only one of those three years. Badin's coaching staff has been together for almost 15 years I believe with a total of 6 final fours in that span(08,09,10,13,16,21) Treadway took over in 2012 but was on the staff, and the previous head coach is on the staff now.
Yes it is an opinion. Its sad how bad McNick has become. Was a solid program for many years.

CJ coach retired after their last state title and I believe they turned it over to his son whom had played at CJ. CJ also had a lot of talent with the Peltier kid, the Wissman brothers, Gongora and Solomon just to mention a few. Actually was a tremendous run for CJ but Badin was DII in only one of those three years. Badin's coaching staff has been together for almost 15 years I believe with a total of 6 final fours in that span(08,09,10,13,16,21) Treadway took over in 2012 but was on the staff, and the previous head coach is on the staff now.
Yes it is an opinion. Its sad how bad McNick has become. Was a solid program for many years.
CJ coach may have retired but from what I’ve heard his son was always very influential as the assistant in all the state runs while the pitching coach for both championships still remains there. Not saying that one coaching staff is necessarily better than the other but there’s a strong case to be made for CJ here especially as of late

Regarding Fenwick playing the Trailblazers a couple of weeks ago I noticed they didn't put the loss on the GCL schedule. I read an article in which the HC said he was told to not count home school games on the seasonal record. Though I did see that both Taylor and Summit CD counted their wins against the Trailblazers on their record.
Were Alter's games in Florida considered scrimmages as well. Something about traveling out of state to play?

I stand corrected. Thought the Rams wouldnt lose a gcl game. Of course in the old gcl that Moe loss would have counted as a league loss as well. Big ballgame tomorrow in Eagleland-Copenhaver vs Frasure-too far for the old gcpro to venture forth but should be good. Some old ghosts up at Howell Field.

Carroll - 9
Alter - 5
As an Alter fan does it bother you that your coach doesn't update the league website? I am pretty sure the Knights hoop team is updated after every game. See the same for Badin baseball/basketball. Baseball scores and box are regularly updated, the mediocre basketball program-not so much. Every kid and parent likes to see their progress over the season. The GMC is great with regard to scores and stats. As a fan I truly appreciate that effort.

Just did some quick math over the past 10 years dating back to the 2011 season. Alter baseball has had one winning season (2011 15-6). They have lost 150 games and won 65 giving them a winning percentage of 30%. And if you want to add in the record so far to that total to the winning percentage is 28%. Just mind boggling how a program so dominant in so many sports can just be so poor in baseball over this long of time. As a fan you wonder if this will ever change.

As an Alter fan does it bother you that your coach doesn't update the league website? I am pretty sure the Knights hoop team is updated after every game. See the same for Badin baseball/basketball. Baseball scores and box are regularly updated, the mediocre basketball program-not so much. Every kid and parent likes to see their progress over the season. The GMC is great with regard to scores and stats. As a fan I truly appreciate that effort.
My biggest issue right there, its just lazy. Every other team has it in right after the game. It takes no more than five minutes, just upsetting.

Where do you all think the Alter baseball program needs to go from here? Coaching Change? I have no clue, because they have never had talent like this, and they still can't win.

Where do you all think the Alter baseball program needs to go from here? Coaching Change? I have no clue, because they have never had talent like this, and they still can't win.
Takes a combination of coaching and player buy in. Saw it happen before my eyes in 2014 for CJ. The Eagles hadn’t been anything special for many years beside a couple district runner ups before their run to the regional final which included beating the monster of the league Badin. Kids have to understand their role and that starts from the top down. After that team, the talent started to flow into CJ as we see today.

I don't know the coach at all. Not having a consistent place to play or practice is a problem. Never playing a full schedule is a problem. I would think the Florida trip is a huge plus however. I would also think it would be a good place to coach knowing that there are athletes in the school as evidenced by the other programs. The surrounding public schools also have solid programs minus maybe Oakwood, so there appears to be baseball being played prior to HS. I also have no idea of their offseason or indoor workouts-thats where your bread is buttered.

I don't know the coach at all. Not having a consistent place to play or practice is a problem. Never playing a full schedule is a problem. I would think the Florida trip is a huge plus however. I would also think it would be a good place to coach knowing that there are athletes in the school as evidenced by the other programs. The surrounding public schools also have solid programs minus maybe Oakwood, so there appears to be baseball being played prior to HS. I also have no idea of their offseason or indoor workouts-thats where your bread is buttered.
Their offseason is at Alter where there are two cages, they also go to REBS sports academy, since they are an Alter family. Most of those boys do play summer ball. I would say 3 of them play true college prep summer ball. Coach is young and energetic, sometimes too energetic, opinions on him are all over the place

I stand corrected. Thought the Rams wouldnt lose a gcl game. Of course in the old gcl that Moe loss would have counted as a league loss as well. Big ballgame tomorrow in Eagleland-Copenhaver vs Frasure-too far for the old gcpro to venture forth but should be good. Some old ghosts up at Howell Field.
Should be lots of scouts at that game

I think CJ will pull it off, Frasure will get it done on the mound and at the plate, also expect a huge game from the 5-tool ballplayer Peltier

Alter boys baseball has been embarrassing for the last 8 years. (Longer really but do not have record past current year to 2014) It is the redheaded step child ( this saying shows you how old I am) of all the athletic programs. They do not have the coaching, or even the best talent in school playing for the team. Nobody but the parents of players and players care about baseball. No home field played for years at Brandt Field which was atrocious. Long time since I was around the program but certainly think every 5 years or so they could field a winning team?

RECORD Win Loss
2014 6 17
2015 9 13* Best year (UGH)
2016 5 14
2017 8 15
2018 2 21
2019 7 18
2020 PANDEMIC ** CORRECTION BEST YEAR
2021 6 20
2022 1 12
TOTAL 44 110 winning percentage .285