2022 GCL Co-Ed

4/29

Bellbrook @ CJ
Badin @ LaSalle
Fenwick @ Purcell Marian
Bellbrook vs. CJ will be a good game. Best in the SWBL versus a very good CJ team. It will be interesting to see who pitches for both teams based on upcoming league schedules.

Badin vs. LaSalle. Always good to see how Badin does the GCL south schools.

Bellbrook vs. CJ will be a good game. Best in the SWBL versus a very good CJ team. It will be interesting to see who pitches for both teams based on upcoming league schedules.

Since Coach Treadway took over as HC in 2012 Badin is 10-28 vs the GCL South-(2-7 against X, 6-3 against LaSalle, 0-10 against Moeller, and 2-8 against the Panthers). I believe Badin has only beaten Moe once since 1999. Have to give them credit for continuing to play them however.

Bellbrook is not the best in the SWBL. They are 3rd best behind Eaton and Carlisle. Eaton and Carlisle are head and shoulders above the rest of SWBL

Bellbrook is not the best in the SWBL. They are 3rd best behind Eaton and Carlisle. Eaton and Carlisle are head and shoulders above the rest of SWBL
Bellbrook and Eaton are D2, Carlisle is not.

Looking at Bellbrook and Eaton, they've played pretty similar schedules and have similar records to show for it, but I'd probably give the edge to Eaton. Having not seen either in person thats as far as I can speak on either of them comparatively. I do think CJ has played a much tougher schedule than both of them. I don't think either gives CJ much of a run.

Last edited:
Bellbrook and Eaton are D2, Carlisle is not.

Looking at Bellbrook and Eaton, they've played pretty similar schedules and have similar records to show for it, but I'd probably give the edge to Eaton. Having not seen either in person thats as far as I can speak on either of them comparatively. I do think CJ has played a much tougher schedule than both of them. I don't think either gives CJ much of a run.
I have seen both play and in my opinion FWIW I think Eaton is the better team than CJ

Since you won’t see it in the league website the Knights are 5-12

Team AVG. 265
Team ERA. 4.76

Just let me know if you want personal stats since they won’t be on the website.

The first games of May start today, hopefully we can get better weather this month!

5/2

Roger Bacon @ Badin
Alter @ Fenwick
CJ @ Purcell Marian
Yellow Springs @ Carroll

I believe May 8th is when teams will pick seeding for the tournament, so there should be lots of great games this week. I know Alter has a game everyday, arms probably will be an issue, as well as mentally getting through that and school.

I believe May 8th is when teams will pick seeding for the tournament, so there should be lots of great games this week. I know Alter has a game everyday, arms probably will be an issue, as well as mentally getting through that and school.
Wednesday is the last day to count records for tournament seeding

Bellbrook is the best in the SWBL East, my apologies. Eaton and Carlisle are definitely at the top of the pack in all of the SWBL. Not sure they are head and shoulders above the rest of the SWBL though. The SWBL East is gridlocked in the middle as these teams keep beating up on each other. The SWBL West is pretty weak outside of Eaton and Carlisle. I know Eaton, Carlisle and Bellbrook all have 1-2 great starting pitchers that can keep anyone in a game.

Thanks to everyone who provided the stats on Badin versus GCL south teams. I was surprised by those since baseball is a game that depends a lot on who is pitching....

Really intrigued to see if Alter just beat up on some poor competition or actually played up to their potential in their last 4 Ws. Fenwick has been one of the best teams in the league this year just interested if Alter can hang around and make a ballgame out of it tonight.

Really intrigued to see if Alter just beat up on some poor competition or actually played up to their potential in their last 4 Ws. Fenwick has been one of the best teams in the league this year just interested if Alter can hang around and make a ballgame out of it tonight.
Senior night

Since Coach Treadway took over as HC in 2012 Badin is 10-28 vs the GCL South-(2-7 against X, 6-3 against LaSalle, 0-10 against Moeller, and 2-8 against the Panthers). I believe Badin has only beaten Moe once since 1999. Have to give them credit for continuing to play them however.
Mad respect to Badin for continuing to play them. I remember when the co-eds played against the all the south teams every year.

Mad respect to Badin for continuing to play them. I remember when the co-eds played against the all the south teams every year.
I would agree. To be great, you have to measure yourself against the best and the GCL South certainly qualifies. I checked the other co-ed schedules, McNick plays all but Moeller and Fenwick plays X. CJ should schedule a few though getting to Elder or LaSalle during a weekday from downtown Dayton would be terrible.