2022 GCL Co-Ed

..Andddddd welcome back to another year of GCL baseball. The league may look a little different now that Roger Bacon and the doormat of the conference, Purcell Marian, dropped out. Badin reloaded (like always) and is poised to win the league yet again. Cj graduated a handful of starters including AJ Salmon, Fenwick graduated their top 2 guys and a few other serviceable starters, Carroll graduated their entire team (Steven Chapman), McNick graduated their whole infield, and last but probably least the Alter Knights graduated a whopping 1 starter. Should be an interesting year in the league with a lot of new faces. Any thoughts on this?

Fiehrer played 3b last year and hit in the 5/6 spot. According to PBR his fastball tops out at 85.
Vidourek played all over last year, SS, 1B and LF. He was recruited as a middle infielder I believe. His FB "sits" between 88-91. A very good QB.
Most know about Copenhaver, they also have a catcher signed with Penn State-Nugent, Ted's son.
Badin has something like 25+ kids playing at the collegiately level at this time which is quite impressive. I also don't know much about the authenticity of the PBR analysis, just reporting what's on their site.

Fiehrer played 3b last year and hit in the 5/6 spot. According to PBR his fastball tops out at 85.
Vidourek played all over last year, SS, 1B and LF. He was recruited as a middle infielder I believe. His FB "sits" between 88-91. A very good QB.
Most know about Copenhaver, they also have a catcher signed with Penn State-Nugent, Ted's son.
Badin has something like 25+ kids playing at the collegiately level at this time which is quite impressive. I also don't know much about the authenticity of the PBR analysis, just reporting what's on their site.
I don't trust PBR they juice their stats a little

Carroll was in the regional last year.

I would imagine Cooper Fiehrer will throw some for Badin as well. Infielder committed to Marietta
Carroll was in the regional pitching Steven Chapman 125 pitches in all but one of the games getting there. Without him none of that happens.

Don't know much about Badin's individual players but they work on their skills all year around except those that play other sports. They ran more than any team in the area. Are those guys coming back?

Don't know much about Badin's individual players but they work on their skills all year around except those that play other sports. They ran more than any team in the area. Are those guys coming back?
In addition to the above mentioned players, badin also returns junior CF Lucas Moore who has committed to the University of Kentucky. I believe he has set a school record for stolen bases.
They will miss Rhp/Inf Ryan Kirkendall(9-1 on the mound) Washington U, Rhp/Inf Sergio DeCello-Charleston Southern, 2b AJ Enginger(3 yr starter)-Thomas More, Lhp Noah Tincher-St Joseph’s Univ, Rhp/1b Luke McLaughlin-IU Southeast.

Best Fields in GCL

1. Alter (Wright State)
2. Badin
3. McNick
4. Fenwick
5. CJ
6. Carroll

I think Fenwick, CJ, and Carrolls are on the same level but since Carrolls fence is 280 to left, is why I put it last
I would put Fenwick behind Badin. McNick's dugouts are horrible plus no foul territory. Alter would have to play at Nischwitz for about 10 more years to make up for the horrible conditions at Brandt-pitching up hill. Have not been to the revamped CJ field so cannot comment. I would agree Carroll is last, pretty sure I played there 43 years ago.

Best Fields in GCL

1. Alter (Wright State)
2. Badin
3. McNick
4. Fenwick
5. CJ
6. Carroll

I think Fenwick, CJ, and Carrolls are on the same level but since Carrolls fence is 280 to left, is why I put it last
Fenwick's is a little bit higher than both in my opinion. The gravel warning track at CJ causes some issues and the 6 ft. backstop at Carroll doesn't permit much base stealing.

I would put Fenwick behind Badin. McNick's dugouts are horrible plus no foul territory. Alter would have to play at Nischwitz for about 10 more years to make up for the horrible conditions at Brandt-pitching up hill. Have not been to the revamped CJ field so cannot comment. I would agree Carroll is last, pretty sure I played there 43 years ago.
A lot of those places fields are just trash, so I pretty much went by which are the most playable, All of their dugouts are horrible