2022 GCL Co-Ed

Weather looks rough in Cincy, could be another cancelation for the Knights. Expect them to be playing lots of baseball in the end of April/early May

Also since you are a Badin fan, I saw Rodney Rachel was graded a 9 on Perfect Game which means he could get drafted out of high school. Do you think it is possible?
Hate to even speculate on that. Physically and athletically he is beyond where most high school Jr's are. But with the consolidated/reduced minor leagues, I'm guessing you will see less and less high school players drafted overall. A kid drafted 10-15 years ago, probably goes undrafted these days. No real advantage, but a lot of disadvantages of taking a high schooler over a college kid. Unless they have highly valued skill(s) that are off the charts, whether a live fastball, tremendous bat speed, might as well let the colleges serve as the minor leagues. Heck with the college summer leagues expanding, competition is very good. Lot less expensive and don't have to speculate how a 18 year old will develop physically/mentally. From my perspective, I think Div 1 college baseball will a real fun product to watch in the near future. It's fun now, but another level I think. A lot of kids that would go the minor league route, will be heading to college. Then again, I probably have no idea what I'm talking about.

There is very little chance that Badin's success will decline. They have the best facilities, coaching staff and play the best schedule in the league. Their talent area is quite large as well. They will continue to get kids from all over their area. I'm just excited to see some competitive baseball in the future.

Hate to even speculate on that. Physically and athletically he is beyond where most high school Jr's are. But with the consolidated/reduced minor leagues, I'm guessing you will see less and less high school players drafted overall. A kid drafted 10-15 years ago, probably goes undrafted these days. No real advantage, but a lot of disadvantages of taking a high schooler over a college kid. Unless they have highly valued skill(s) that are off the charts, whether a live fastball, tremendous bat speed, might as well let the colleges serve as the minor leagues. Heck with the college summer leagues expanding, competition is very good. Lot less expensive and don't have to speculate how a 18 year old will develop physically/mentally. From my perspective, I think Div 1 college baseball will a real fun product to watch in the near future. It's fun now, but another level I think. A lot of kids that would go the minor league route, will be heading to college. Then again, I probably have no idea what I'm talking about.
I'll say you do have a great idea what you are talking about. Very impressed LOL

Last edited:
They're doing whatever they can to play because its Fairborn. My goodness.
Guess they shouldn't have been so excited for Fairborn lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220412-221154_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220412-221154_Chrome.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 27
Fairborn vs Alter. One for the ages. Alter coaching staff screws up a substitution. A kid gets injured and Alter has no players left on the bench. So Alter has to finish the game with 8 players. With the tying runs in 2nd and 3rd in the top of the 7th with 2 outs…Fairborn wins by intentionally walking Alters 7th batter to force the automatic out for only having 8 players. A walk off intentional walk of sorts

Yep
Fairborn vs Alter. One for the ages. Alter coaching staff screws up a substitution. A kid gets injured and Alter has no players left on the bench. So Alter has to finish the game with 8 players. With the tying runs in 2nd and 3rd in the top of the 7th with 2 outs…Fairborn wins by intentionally walking Alters 7th batter to force the automatic out for only having 8 players. A walk off intentional walk of sorts
so now we have a loss because of the umpire crew and one because of the coaching staff. Have to think Trump is next in line to get the blame

Yep

so now we have a loss because of the umpire crew and one because of the coaching staff. Have to think Trump is next in line to get the blame
not sure with what's wrong for blaming two games which weren't on the kids, yes they shouldn't have been in that situation in the first place but it happened, they will look to bounce back against a solid Fenwick team

Last edited:
not sure with what's wrong for blaming two games which weren't on the kids, yes they shouldn't have been in that situation in the first place but it happened, they will look to bounce back against a solid Fenwick team
Are you for real? Over the course of 7 innings there are multiple opportunities to erase the chance that a game may come down to a single umpire or coach's decision.

Are you for real? Over the course of 7 innings there are multiple opportunities to erase the chance that a game may come down to a single umpire or coach's decision.
I literally said both times, it shouldn't have come down to a coaching or umpires decision, but unfortunatley in neither game Alter played good enough to make sure that doesn't happen.

I literally said both times, it shouldn't have come down to a coaching or umpires decision, but unfortunatley in neither game Alter played good enough to make sure that doesn't happen.
You literally said what's wrong with blaming two games that weren't on the kids?

You literally said what's wrong with blaming two games that weren't on the kids?
My bad, I as well said it shouldn't have come down to that, but it did, and both times the kids didn't do anything wrong, if those two things didn't happen Alter would have two more wins

I can’t speak for what happened before yesterday but due to coaches sub error Alter had to play with 8 for the final 3 innings. The empty hitter spot accounted for two outs